COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

Slick

13 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Don’t think any of the reports have been from official sources 

ASM Global has been working with the NRL and Stadiums Queensland with their Venue Shield program to get capacity back in the stadiums. Its currently being sorted and you can expect and announcement in the next 10 days.

AFL has also submitted to get Merticon and the Gabba with 25% capacity. It was supposed to be pushed for this weekend, buy the AFL held back for round 4. 

I have worked the last 2 rounds at Suncorp Stadium and what is happening behind the scenes is nothing short of time consuming and rigorous. 

This is why the Theme parks are taking so long to reopen, everything s being triple checked and the paperwork is something brand new to everyone.

I know covid-safe plans have been submitted and are awaiting approval.

the afl wanted crowds this week and the QLD govt said no chance. 

Every industry/business has their plan assessed on its merits. 

just because a stadium is allowed some crowds doesn’t not mean an equal amount of people must be allowed in a theme park, and so on. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

I know covid-safe plans have been submitted and are awaiting approval.

the afl wanted crowds this week and the QLD govt said no chance. 

Every industry/business has their plan assessed on its merits. 

just because a stadium is allowed some crowds doesn’t not mean an equal amount of people must be allowed in a theme park, and so on. 

Also, sitting in stationary seats, easily separated from others is no where the same as lining up, then being packed onto a rollercoaster train or a flat ride. Compare like for likes but theme parks are not a like for like here.

Cinemas and Stadiums, sure go for it.

I would also expect restrictions to continue to rapidly ease while Queensland reports zero community cases. SEQ is up to 33 days without community transmission-26 days statewide. NZ have just gone 56.  Queensland could be in a position to drop all restrictions in 23-30 days if it maintains a border depending on Victoria numbers (which are also looking much better than 14 and 7 days ago).

At the moment where the government in QLD is allowing 20 I would expect that to go to 50 by sometime next week for example if current trends continue. And further easing two weeks after that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bikash Randhawa said:

Trident is going ahead so not true. In life no matter what you do there will always be people that will disagree with it. Our analytics tell us a lot and we structure everything accordingly. There is always room for improvement in the Theme Park industry and that is something which needs to be constant and evolving. Opinions are important and everyone has one right or wrong.

So does that mean you think my points are wrong? I think I speak for the majority of the community and staff with these comments. You just have to do a search on here to see how often it is mentioned about the poor state of Sea World, or the incredibly poor stunt shows. Each to their own. Thank you for responding to my question, and thanks to the mods for not removing these Q&A posts. 

Hopefully I’ll get to see you in the parks on one of your many visits Bikash. Stay safe and stay classy. 

6 hours ago, red dragin said:

WHO have also said that asymptomatic people don't seem to spread the virus very easily. 

This isn't really what that person said but is the media's way of simplifying complex statements.

And it has been corrected now with up to 40% cases depending on the model being transmitted from asymptomatic people.  Another fantastic mess in WHO communication.

• Like 2

Decided to have the weekend away. Nice to see an executive from one organisation here. Hopefully, it is not just an exclusive to the QLD parks. I know we have had people from Jamberoo, LPS & Vic on these forums but never in an official capacity. Let us see how that goes.

As for WnW GC southern hemispheres first. I can only think of one thing and that would be a Wheel slide (Ferris wheel with a water slide). Early bets but it go in the former buggy area.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spike said:

So does that mean you think my points are wrong? I think I speak for the majority of the community and staff with these comments. You just have to do a search on here to see how often it is mentioned about the poor state of Sea World, or the incredibly poor stunt shows. Each to their own. Thank you for responding to my question, and thanks to the mods for not removing these Q&A posts. 

Hopefully I’ll get to see you in the parks on one of your many visits Bikash. Stay safe and stay classy. 

Looking forward to seeing you....take care and all the best

Honestly you grab a Ferris slide wheel which would be a big gimmick slide (draw in crowds) then add a few major proslide rides: a massive water coaster from Proslide something the size of Mammoth or Wilderbeast at holiday world. Then follow it up with a slide tower with 3 major Proslide’s (a UFO slide, a Tornado alley, Bowl Alley and tornado wall as nobody on the GC has one yet) Make them all ProSlide records longest, tallest of their kinds. 

All of those slides with the current line up would do wonders for the parks

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bikash Randhawa said:

Looking forward to seeing you....take care and all the best

Whilst Wet and Wild is slightly being discussed.

I remember going to Wet and Wild as an end of year rewards day for school, and i just remember the pain of my feet burning because of the lack of shade there was on the footpath. I haven't returned in a few years now, but if you have not added more shading to paths, or cooling it down with water or something, please do.

Edited by Prequel

35 minutes ago, Prequel said:

I remember going to Wet and Wild as an end of year rewards day for school, and i just remember the pain of my feet burning because of the lack of shade there was on the footpath. I haven't returned in a few years now, but if you have not added more shading to paths, or cooling it down with water or something, please do.

Last time I went to the park in late February, there was a sign advising guests to wear shoes rather than doing anything actually meaningful to change the problem. 

It's one of the many things that contribute to me not having a good or even mediocre impression of the park. 

Edited by Zanstabar

4 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

Last time I went to the park in late February, there was a sign advising guests to wear shoes rather than doing anything actually meaningful to change the problem. 

It's one of the many things that contribute to me not having a good or even mediocre impression of the park. 

Do they have any form of misters which somewhat dampen the ground? If not then this may be a way to fix the issue without spending loads on shades and covers

Just now, Zanstabar said:

They don't have misters or much in the way of anything to make the ground more pleasant. 

I’m not too sure where i saw it so correct me if i’m wrong but I’m pretty sure they have these at either Volcano bay or one of the Disney World water parks. Could be a cost effective way of somewhat fixing the issue