COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

Slick

Haha. So all the news reports were just out right lies. 😆 Wonder what happened when the government got wind of it. The purchase offer of extra money for shares if the park is open and people are back to work seems to be a strong motivator. 

edit: heres the original news report. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Levithian said:

There is a throwaway line at the end of that story that sounds like all queues will use the VRTP App for the virtual queues. Like everything else in the world, I wonder how this will change Amusement/Theme Parks in the future, post COVID. If that requirement stays, parks won't require a queue allowing people to see more shows, buy more merch and food and rides won't require as much space. (Obviously need a queue for the next 20-30min of guests)

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

Should people really be sharing posts from private, employee only Facebook groups on the forums? 

and who is to say this person (whose name is redacted) is telling the truth? 

I would take it with a grain of salt like anything else you hear..

Like I said Brad I'm not making any comments on the validity of the post I was simply sharing some information we were anonymously sent as it is relevant to this discussion.

• Like 1

Advanced issue found

🤨
25 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

and who is to say this person (whose name is redacted) is telling the truth? 

I would take it with a grain of salt like anything else you hear..

Word has it this is indeed the truth

I'll take it as a large grain of salt.

Interesting times that's for sure.

1 hour ago, pin142 said:

As the old saying goes assume anything you post on the internet as public and don't post what you wouldn't want to be seen by just anyone. Also agree with the above "Yes".

Fair enough and doesn’t bother me, just wouldn’t be accepted on other forums I am a member of, albeit not theme park related ones...

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

Back to the topic at hand, would any of you guys actually follow social distancing measures in a theme park if they were to reopen? 

I would try my hardest to. My partner often forgets and will stand too close to someone, and the boy is either strictly following or thinks hugging everyone is okay.

42 minutes ago, Spike said:

would any of you guys actually follow social distancing measures in a theme park if they were to reopen? 

I would, my issue would be the countless others who wouldn't. I'd probably avoid the parks for the foreseeable future simply because i'd likely get tossed from the park for losing my shit at some grubby grot who can't keep their shit to themselves.

38 minutes ago, Naazon said:

My partner often forgets and will stand too close to someone

We're all prone to forget things from time to time. I was visiting my mother a few weeks ago and she introduced me to her agent. My upbringing taught me that when two men meet, they shake hands, and since my mother was the main contributor to that upbringing, i defaulted to 'how i was raised' mode and offered a handshake. He looked oddly at me, but shook my hand anyway. My mother immediately noted my politeness and then chided me for doing so in this environment and I promptly went off and grabbed some sanitiser for myself and the agent.

We're all going to forget ourselves from time to time. old habits die hard. the important thing is how we and others react when it happens. the other party can politely remind of the need to avoid contact (the preferred method), or they can disrespect the boundaries (majority of the great unwashed). Its this second group that I lose my shit at... yet i'd be seen as the bad guy.

Edited by Richard
Removed off-topic argument.
  • Like 1

Let's actually move on.

We've suspended members for creating fake accounts and deleted a whole lot of posts here because it's clear some people seem only interested in creating drama.

If you wish to discuss our policies about what members can and can't post then feel free to start a topic in Site Issues.

(Spoiler: we'll allow almost anything that's not offensive but from time to time may remove things for a whole lot of reasons including requests from park management that we look at on a case by case basis, and our record speaks for itself when it comes to free and open discussion.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gazza said:

I'll probably avoid for a little bit because operations are already too slow if you visit your typical park on a non peak day, so if you have to factor in less seats available and waiting for cleaning it'll just be far too much waiting.

I'll most likely be straight in there, I miss the enjoyment of just strolling around the parks in my free time. And if Vortex is opening with the park, I'll definitely be wanting to check that out 

Its been over 3 years since I visited Dreamworld too, so I look forward to getting a pass and heading back their too

Edited by themagician

1 hour ago, themagician said:

I'll most likely be straight in there, I miss the enjoyment of just strolling around the parks in my free time. And if Vortex is opening with the park, I'll definitely be wanting to check that out 

Its been over 3 years since I visited Dreamworld too, so I look forward to getting a pass and heading back their too

Good point, and to be fair flat rides often operate with every 2nd seat empty anyway.

I really should get on Fully 6 too.

• Like 1

Or I could just do the math...

(Keep in mind this is very rough. I just used Nearmap and roughly drew an area line around the outdoor spaces. Attraction footprints and buildings aren't included)

Sea World - 8,000

Movie World - 6,000

Wet n Wild - 6,000

Paradise Country - 2,500

Dreamworld - 9,000

WhiteWater World - 3,500

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themagician said:

Stadiums will be allowed to have 10,000 people from stage 3 too.

A 40,000 capacity stadium can have 10,000

its 25% of max capacity.

that rule however only applies to ticketed and SEATED events. The PM stressed the seated part and said festivals where people move around or change seats/stand will not be allowed to go ahead.

will be interesting to see what they rule for theme parks specifically 

• Like 1