COVID-19 & Theme Park Closures

Slick

2 hours ago, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

Fright Nights is a very different style of event in comparison to the day to day operation of Movie World with physical distancing impossible to achieve

Well yeah because FN lets like a billion guests in, so unless you are in the 1% on a terror tour you'll spend most of the night in cattlepens.

• Like 1

People had to know this would occur. Sure it takes a lot of money and time to set up and organise but it is just too risky to run such an event. The cleaning measures would be a lot. Plus the social distancing rules would not virtually no mazes at all. 

Smart move for the health and safety of the workers/performers and the guest.

6 hours ago, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

Fright Nights 2020 has been officially cancelled - https://frightnights.com.au/experience?attraction-type=mazes

“Following advice and consultation with Queensland Health and the current COVID-19 restrictions, we have made the difficult decision to cancel Fright Nights in 2020. Fright Nights is a very different style of event in comparison to the day to day operation of Movie World with physical distancing impossible to achieve, and requiring months of pre-planning work along with significant financial investment to deliver. Based on the current COVID-19 Government restrictions and uncertainty of how these may change over the coming months, we cannot run the event in a commercially viable manner.

At this time it is still very much our intention to run White Christmas and Carnivale as we are hopeful of further relaxations from Queensland Health.

While the Team are disappointed with this outcome, we can guarantee that in 2021, Fright Nights will return as the biggest and best experience ever delivered by Village Roadshow Theme Parks and Warner Bros. Movie World.”

I’d be interested to know what this means for the licensing agreement for the IT and ZL2 maze.

2 hours ago, aaronm said:

Fright Nights cancelled, half the rides shut, entertainment cut back.. Ignoring that the border is shut to Victoria indefinitely, I'm definitely wondering why I continue paying for a membership...

Sorry the pandemic didn’t ask for your permission before arriving in Australia....

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Sorry the pandemic didn’t ask for your permission before arriving in Australia....

Good point, we should all just keep pretending VRL is a charity, they deserve money for nothing. Not to mention the board is also currently in the process of screwing over its shareholders by flogging the company off at bargain basement prices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaronm said:

Fright Nights cancelled, half the rides shut, entertainment cut back.. Ignoring that the border is shut to Victoria indefinitely, I'm definitely wondering why I continue paying for a membership...

All memberships by this point are month to month, so you can always cancel if you are not happy. 

Aussie World is reopening July 2nd, reduced hours and capacity, online tickets required.
https://www.aussieworld.com.au/covid-update

In the interest of guest health and safety the following rides and attractions will not operate:

• Giant Slide
  • Fun Worx
  • Mayhem Maze
  • Shows and Roving Characters.

Edited by Jordan M.

1 hour ago, aaronm said:

Not to mention the board is also currently in the process of screwing over its shareholders by flogging the company off at bargain basement prices.

There's no point mentioning this. Any time it's brought up it's just brushed off as "attacking a specific member of village management" 

Maybe vote with the majority of shareholders that I presume are also against it rather than bitch on a theme park forum then?

Not defending VRTP here, but more raising my annoyance that people that bitch about things that are decided on majority votes. 
But yet is definitely VRTPs fault that people can’t visit from Victoria!

3 hours ago, aaronm said:

Good point, we should all just keep pretending VRL is a charity, they deserve money for nothing. Not to mention the board is also currently in the process of screwing over its shareholders by flogging the company off at bargain basement prices.

They don’t choose capacity and social distancing rules that have negated or reduced entertainment opportunities. 
Ride maintenance is preset on, generally, annual timelines so again, that can’t be helped for the most part. 

VRL isn’t a charity, but nor is it forcing you to remain a member. 

I'm really not sure why people are unhappy that certain things may be shut-that's just the reality we are in which is a lot better than the rest of the world.  I fully support our parks opening earlier with fewer attractions.  The fact that Sea World has put on extra shows I think is a really solid commitment.

Water parks are being forced to close up in Arizona now.  Disneyland in California is shut for the foreseeable future and there's still a good chance that WDW won't open in July as anticipated.  Tokyo Disneyland reopens tomorrow but I wouldn't even be too confident about how long that may last given trends in Tokyo.

Sweden which is famous for its no shut down is not allowing parks to even open.  https://www.thelocal.se/20200622/swedens-theme-parks-denied-exception-to-coronavirus-rules