What should dreamworld replace the defunct log ride with and whats next for dreamworld

• Taj O'Neill changed the title to What should dreamworld replace the defunct log ride with and whats next for dreamworld
Just now, gavinfulikes said:

Yay another thread! I think lots of people would agree with the MACK Power Splash but I do want to see a family water thrill ride with decent theming and animatronics similar to Wild West Falls but more modern.

yeah but i don't know if dreamworld  would want to do that because that may mean that they will have to demolish blue lagoon and then level it all but anything can happen

6 minutes ago, Gazza said:

What does the G stand for in RHLG?

(i feel so dumb right now lmao)

IMO, I'd just get another flume but make it bigger. Powersplashes dont have broad enough appeal, and Storm Coaster doesn't seem to be popular.

(yeah but maybe they can get a water coaster like this one) 

Edited by Taj O'Neill

7 minutes ago, Smol bean said:

Do really think ardent would build that. things gotta be like 100mil there no way ardent would but that

Not even, while that’s the not in the same park but the same model/layout in that video posts above, that only comes to $10,000,000 USD 
 C69D6058-88FC-41C7-8665-B645238B2A88.thumb.png.eb0adc0f0d806d2235c89dff1f7bd1a8.png

Edited by Adventures With JWorld

9 minutes ago, Jordan M. said:

I personally would love a Mack Power Splash, but honestly a ride for the whole family is what DW needs. I can understand why Dreamworld may want to avoid any new water rides but I would like to see one.

and a power splash wont crush someone but i would see this being very popular and on busy days it would be a quick wait in the line as it has 20 seats per boat and a turntable station and it says that anywhere from 7 to 80 years can ride it id say its fairly family but i may be wrong

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.05.46 pm.png

Power splash would be the perfect attraction for DW and is a great replacement for RHLR. The footprint of RHLR covers around 140 metres, but the Power Splash does cover a lot more area, so it would head towards the Blue Lagoon area. Hopefully if DW are happy with Mack and their new coaster, hopefully that will lead towards more rides from them. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, themagician said:

Power splash would be the perfect attraction for DW and is a great replacement for RHLR. The footprint of RHLR covers around 140 metres, but the Power Splash does cover a lot more area, so it would head towards the Blue Lagoon area. Hopefully if DW are happy with Mack and their new coaster, hopefully that will lead towards more rides from them. 

just looked it up 950 riders per hour that's really good

HOLD UP 

THERE IS A NEW POWERSPLASH BY MACK

10 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

just looked it up 950 riders per hour that's really good

I am betting that would be for the dual boat model with the rotating platform. That model is at Walibi Belgium but the model that is going in to Six Flags Over Texas will only have the one boat and no rotating platform. Capacity would be much reduced on this.

1 minute ago, Jobe said:

I am betting that would be for the dual boat model with the rotating platform. That model is at Walibi Belgium but the model that is going in to Six Flags Over Texas will only have the one boat and no rotating platform. Capacity would be much reduced on this.

i would say dreamworld would make the smart decision to add the turntable because it can get extremely hot in summer

1 minute ago, Taj O'Neill said:

i would say dreamworld would make the smart decision to add the turntable because it can get extremely hot in summer

Your're putting the cart before the horse arent you? Dreamworld have not announced whether they are actually getting one of these. And honestly, if we go by historical expediency, then Dreamworld have always taken the cheaper route. There is actually no certainity that if they DID get one of these models , they would go for the 2 boat , rotating turntable option. Six Flags over Texas is a park that sits in a very hot part of the world , is a park that sees far more visitors than Dreamworld and yet has opted to have the cheaper option.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

and a power splash wont crush someone but i would see this being very popular and on busy days it would be a quick wait in the line as it has 20 seats per boat and a turntable station and it says that anywhere from 7 to 80 years can ride it id say its fairly family but i may be wrong

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 2.05.46 pm.png

WWF allows 95cm for accompanied children, Plunge at Aussie World 100cm for accompanied children.

Pulsar at Walibi has a 120cm height requirement, so not a family ride.