What should dreamworld replace the defunct log ride with and whats next for dreamworld

This is definitely something that's being looked at because, as you said, they desperately need a water attraction. It's just a matter of finding the right one. If not a well themed log ride, a chute type ride that provides some moisture and fun for the whole family would still work. Also I think they want to avoid any free floating vessels after TRR so any new water rides would be ones that run on a track. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

This is definitely something that's being looked at because, as you said, they desperately need a water attraction. It's just a matter of finding the right one. If not a well themed log ride, a chute type ride that provides some moisture and fun for the whole family would still work. Also I think they want to avoid any free floating vessels after TRR so any new water rides would be ones that run on a track. 

image.png.3505ae902f712e20a4a8dac8a75c499c.png

Yeah the liquid coaster (now note that I definitely didn't say Mack Water Coaster because they suck) idea is right for log ride area as it's more family in nature and could have an extended layout.

I also firmly believe a typical shoot the chutes type ride like Intamin Mega Splash is needed in Ocean parade both for the weeny factor and also to give the park the wet capacity it needs with TRR gone. This type of ride is also very safe given the very shallow trough and wide boat which means its safe even though not permanently engaged with a track.

• Like 3

On 16/05/2020 at 2:03 PM, djrappa said:

Yeah the liquid coaster (now note that I definitely didn't say Mack Water Coaster because they suck) idea is right for log ride area as it's more family in nature and could have an extended layout.

I also firmly believe a typical shoot the chutes type ride like Intamin Mega Splash is needed in Ocean parade both for the weeny factor and also to give the park the wet capacity it needs with TRR gone. This type of ride is also very safe given the very shallow trough and wide boat which means its safe even though not permanently engaged with a track.

Im not even sure if Premier offer the product anymore, and the two (!) they sold have both been removed by the parks that bought them.

My question is, how do you message to the public that it's a ride with underwater tracks and therefore its safer...The same local general public that had people thinking Vortex was the same ride as Wipeout.

• Like 1

There was nothing special about the Premier ride that another manufacturer couldn’t knock up I would imagine. 

As for messaging, that’s really something that you’d do through press to announce the ride and through having the media put out articles covering it. I wouldn’t think you’d actually attempt to feature such things in an ad campaign. 

1 hour ago, djrappa said:

There was nothing special about the Premier ride that another manufacturer couldn’t knock up I would imagine. 

As for messaging, that’s really something that you’d do through press to announce the ride and through having the media put out articles covering it. I wouldn’t think you’d actually attempt to feature such things in an ad campaign. 

Can confirm that Premier rides no longer offer the Liquid Coaster- apparently by all accounts they were a maintenance nightmare which precipitated their earlier than expected closure.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Thrill Seeker said:

I don't think the Dreamworld is going to go near a water ride (rapids, logride, boat) for a very long time.. maybe some kind of water coaster like Pulsar or StormCoaster could be possible.

I agree. I think they will build 2-3 rides after this coaster before a new water ride.

1 minute ago, Naazon said:

I agree. I think they will build 2-3 rides after this coaster before a new water ride.

and that's still a long way away. Pretty sure we aren't gonna get many more new rides for at least a couple of years after the new ride opens. Hopefully they just do an overall tidy up and give some areas some TLC before we start heading towards large new attractions.

1 hour ago, Thrill Seeker said:

I don't think the Dreamworld is going to go near a water ride (rapids, logride, boat) for a very long time.. maybe some kind of water coaster like Pulsar or StormCoaster could be possible.

That would be a poor and shortsighted decision if they went that way. They haven’t shown to be adverse to running a water based ride post-TRR, they did run RHLR after the accident. 

Given WWW is back to be being a separate gate, they need a water ride of some sort in the main park. Summer on the Gold Coast doesn’t equate to not having any water attractions 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

They haven’t shown to be adverse to running a water based ride post-TRR, they did run RHLR after the accident. 

And they had commenced construction on their 'adventure river' too.

they need a wet ride. they need a replacement to substitute RHLR and TRRR as a fun, family, all ages mild thrill you can get wet on.

• Like 3

I'd love to see Dreamworld get a Hopkins / WhiteWater West style "Super Flume" to replace it. The same builder as Wild West Falls at Movie World. Obviously with a different layout though. Has very good capacity, can have different elements and I think it would be a great fit for the park if done right. 

It doesn't need to be the tallest or highest or full of gimmicks, but it needs to be a quality family attraction but still thrilling enough to appeal to many people and looking at the various manufacturers it stands out to me personally. Operations wise it's fairly simple as well ;)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spotty said:

I'd love to see Dreamworld get a Hopkins / WhiteWater West style "Super Flume" to replace it. The same builder as Wild West Falls at Movie World. Obviously with a different layout though. Has very good capacity, can have different elements and I think it would be a great fit for the park if done right. 

It doesn't need to be the tallest or highest or full of gimmicks, but it needs to be a quality family attraction but still thrilling enough to appeal to many people and looking at the various manufacturers it stands out to me personally. Operations wise it's fairly simple as well ;)

Spot on Spotty!!!!!😊

2 minutes ago, Mc coaster said:

I don’t know how hard this would be but I think it would be really cool if they could relocate some of those amazing looking large palm trees around the park maybe in ocean parade or find space for them around Main Street. It would look really nice and provide some decent shade. 

and they would be saving money i feel like they should make ocean parade more beach like with sand and some water features like this one in the video and it would go well with the revamped coaster theme

As for a replacement this idea wouldn’t just be the log ride but for that whole corner of the park. Yes I do know this is way out of budget and will probably never happen but how cool would it be if dreamworld built an indoor land back there. Since it’s a fully controlled environment you could do any theme you want. I would do a jungle theme they could put in an indoor boat ride to replace RHLR the story could be your on some kind of expedition and you are travelling down a river with the climax being going over a waterfall. This idea would also work outdoors but with the Queensland weather and landscape it would be hard to be convinced that you are in a jungle. Also in this land they could also put in an indoor roller coaster it could be either thrill or family, make it we’ll themed and if done right it could rival SDSC especially in the state the ghost train section is in now. Lastly for the kids they can add a large themed play structure which kinda surprisingly Dreamworld and Movieworld both lack it would’t be to expensive and the kids would love it. So now you would have something to occupy the kids with the play structure a great family ride with the river expedition and a thrill ride for the people seeking a more intense experience with the coaster. If they wanted too they could always throw in a few small flats to pad out the area. This could also be done with like a magical garden type theme but I think that would mainly cater to kids whereas the jungle theme would be more attractive to everyone.

11 hours ago, Taj O'Neill said:

more beach like with sand

Sand could only ever be placed in non-guest accessible areas. Its difficult to contain, and any guest traffic areas just results in the sand being spread or lost halfway around the park.

11 hours ago, Mc coaster said:

how cool would it be if dreamworld built an indoor land back there.

Log ride area is flood prone and probably not the best place to build what you describe.