What should dreamworld replace the defunct log ride with and whats next for dreamworld

My editing skills are non-existent and this is a pipe dream, but if Dreamworld invested money into a new plaza with another world-class coaster and flat ride (I chose Batman: The Ride clone and a Mondial Top Scan). And in the future when they remove Sidewinder, as mentioned previously, a shoot-the-chutes to make Ocean Parade feel like it has an ocean theme.I added a scaled down shoot-the-chutes but even if it is small, it'll add a family water ride which will complete the line up at that point. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.30.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 3.47.33 pm.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AlexB said:

I think the Steel Taipan (or whatever it will be called) is going to occupy a bit of that space, isn't it?

Yeah it’d be a tight fit but I wouldn’t mind a bit of a spaghetti bowl of coasters if it means more coasters and a decent flat haha

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

no one roast me for this but i kind of want dreamworld to get a vekoma boomerang idk why but like i have not been on one since knott's berry farm got rid of theirs but if you have ridden one they are always fun to ride 

Screen Shot 2020-05-22 at 6.44.37 pm.png

No roasting but they have had their day. There are far better , newer options out there that would make far more sense than a Vekoma Boomerang.  However, one of their newer family shuttles would be just the thing. Something like this duelling family shuttle would be a viable option for a great family ride.

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 3

On 22/05/2020 at 6:44 PM, Taj O'Neill said:

no one roast me for this but i kind of want dreamworld to get a vekoma boomerang idk why but like i have not been on one since knott's berry farm got rid of theirs but if you have ridden one they are always fun to ride 

I had this thought for a while (Shuttle Coaster at least) except Dreamworld need at least 3 full circuit coasters I think before looking into this. Not including BuzzSaw. Now ToT is gone it isn't too bad of an idea. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naazon said:

I had this thought for a while (Shuttle Coaster at least) except Dreamworld need at least 3 full circuit coasters I think before looking into this. Not including BuzzSaw. Now ToT is gone it isn't too bad of an idea. 

A boomerang of that kind in my opinion is a step back for the overall industry, they are outdated and speak cheap 90s investments. 

A modern Vekoma family boomerang might be a good idea, but that isn't the most crowd drawing attraction.

6 hours ago, Prequel said:

A boomerang of that kind in my opinion is a step back for the overall industry, they are outdated and speak cheap 90s investments. 

A modern Vekoma family boomerang might be a good idea, but that isn't the most crowd drawing attraction.

Considering if they did build one it would be the only boomerang in Australia since the demise of Australia's Wonderland, I reckon it would be a welcome addition for thrill seeking guests to see a return of a classic and popular roller coaster. As long as the theming is on point it could be very popular for park visitors.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LunaParkFan said:

Considering if they did build one it would be the only boomerang in Australia since the demise of Australia's Wonderland, I reckon it would be a welcome addition for thrill seeking guests to see a return of a classic and popular roller coaster. As long as the theming is on point it could be very popular for park visitors.

Lets be honest with ourselves, why would we want it? 

As i said, they are the things of the 90s and are incredibly outdated.

There are so much better coaster types that we could add that would be much more thrilling attractions that would not only grab the attention of the public but also people from oversees. 

Also, this is modern-day Dreamworld, theming isn't the most important thing anymore. If we were to get a boomerang it would be a handy down and just placed somewhere with zero care.

Vekoma wants to move away from the image, they do not even make that arrow-stolen track anymore for their newer coasters. 

I never thought i would have to defend my position on not wanting a Vekoma boomerang. It would honestly be a joke, and make our up and coming industry look like one too.

Edited by Prequel
  • Like 5

Which is why I said Dreamworld needed at least 3 full circuit coasters first, and never mentioned specifically a Vekoma Boomerang, but just a shuttle style coaster of any type. Maybe a prototype/world first style, similar to what Dreamworld did with ToT, being the worlds tallest/fastest and a shuttle...

Need I remind you this is clearly a hypothetical discussion so open your mind and be imaginative and dream a little. 

Yeah, DW already has a “backwards and forwards” coaster: Buzzsaw.

Boomerangs are just a less thrilling version of that, and a Boomerang would be a step down from the new launch coaster anyway.

I wouldn’t mind if they got a family boomerang as a family ride in future years though.

PS, I love how in these threads people just post stuff Australia already has or had.

DW should get a water coaster. DW should get a Hopkins Superflume. DW should get a Boomerang etc etc.

Please.

• Like 1

I am also loving after years of "stop throwing everything in Ocean Parade" people are eager to throw shit in Ocean Parade. Sure a water ride would suit there well but there is no law saying all water rides must be within 50m of a water park and one would be better placed elsewhere in the park to spread out groups of people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T-bone said:

But Dreamworld does have 3 full circuit coasters. MDMC, Madagascar, Cyclone. 4 if you count Buzzsaw, and 5 if you count the new triple launch coaster..

MDMC - Should never be included in any count for any reason (and yes, it should NOT be a credit...) :)

Madagascar is a junior coaster, and while cool, again, shouldn't count for 'full circuit'.

Cyclone does count, but mainly it counts its days remaining after 4 themes and two locations, the old girl is getting on in years.

Nobody counts Buzzsaw. It has to be open to count...

And a coaster under construction will count - but a coaster in pieces not being constructed wouldn't... so for now.... ?

• Like 1

Well technically MDMC is full circuit, and it does coast after the launch. Same goes for Madagascar, sure it’s a family ride, but so is MDMC. Mick Doohans wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t give it the stigma that it is a thrill ride all those years ago.

Cyclone has quite a few years left,  a lot more than Arkham ;)

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

And a coaster under construction will count - but a coaster in pieces not being constructed wouldn't... so for now.... ?

Ok but this is a strategic planning discussion, which by nature involves accounting for upcoming investments, not pretending it wont exist alongside another future attraction.

3 hours ago, pin142 said:

I am also loving after years of "stop throwing everything in Ocean Parade" people are eager to throw shit in Ocean Parade. Sure a water ride would suit there well but there is no law saying all water rides must be within 50m of a water park and one would be better placed elsewhere in the park to spread out groups of people.

For me the rationale has nothing to do with the water park. Its because it's called OCEAN Parade and is devoid of anything to do with the Ocean...

• Like 2