What should dreamworld replace the defunct log ride with and whats next for dreamworld

22 hours ago, Prequel said:

Lets be honest with ourselves, why would we want it? 

As i said, they are the things of the 90s and are incredibly outdated.

There are so much better coaster types that we could add that would be much more thrilling attractions that would not only grab the attention of the public but also people from oversees. 

Also, this is modern-day Dreamworld, theming isn't the most important thing anymore. If we were to get a boomerang it would be a handy down and just placed somewhere with zero care.

Vekoma wants to move away from the image, they do not even make that arrow-stolen track anymore for their newer coasters. 

I never thought i would have to defend my position on not wanting a Vekoma boomerang. It would honestly be a joke, and make our up and coming industry look like one too.

I do see your point, but considering how debt ridden Ardent Leisure is it may end up being a reality that they get a hand-me-down boomerang for the sake of saving money. I wouldn't say it's a joke, it's just definitely not the best option. After looking through this page though, a Vekoma family boomerang looks like it could be a great addition to the park as DW is in need of another good family attraction. 

1 hour ago, LunaParkFan said:

I do see your point, but considering how debt ridden Ardent Leisure is it may end up being a reality that they get a hand-me-down boomerang for the sake of saving money. I wouldn't say it's a joke, it's just definitely not the best option. After looking through this page though, a Vekoma family boomerang looks like it could be a great addition to the park as DW is in need of another good family attraction. 

i mean trans studio action park at bali just recently opened one from i think it was pleasure something from a park in the uk that had closed and i think it was also taken to vekoma to get a refurb i may be wrong someone correct me on this

16 hours ago, T-bone said:

Well technically MDMC is full circuit, and it does coast after the launch. Same goes for Madagascar, sure it’s a family ride, but so is MDMC. Mick Doohans wouldn’t be so bad if they didn’t give it the stigma that it is a thrill ride all those years ago.

Cyclone has quite a few years left,  a lot more than Arkham ;)

I meant MDMC doesn't count... BECAUSE it's MDMC.

Madagascar is a kiddie coaster, and should never be part of a park's 'bragging rights' in terms of flagship attractions - no matter how good it may be for families.

15 hours ago, Gazza said:

Ok but this is a strategic planning discussion, which by nature involves accounting for upcoming investments, not pretending it wont exist alongside another future attraction.

And if the shutdown causes them to lose so much money they never build it? it's happened before... if you're going to be strategic, you should be allowing for plausible possibilities...

I never said it was a bragging right coaster. The question was made about how many full circuit coasters the park has, and I answered the question. 

17 hours ago, djrappa said:

For me the rationale has nothing to do with the water park. Its because it's called OCEAN Parade and is devoid of anything to do with the Ocean...

Does it really need a water ride just because it’s called ocean parade? I mean, the general feel of the area and it’s attractions do a good enough job of conveying the ocean parade message (sure it’s not perfect but it’s better than Motorcoaster next to a young children’s area).

Id personally prefer a different style of ocean parade (more retro beachside amusement park style) but the park has bigger issues than ocean parade. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gazza said:

But they'd have money for another ride in that situation?

Or are you saying this future ride should work with or without the launch coaster existing?

I'm saying someone suggested the park needed three full circuit coasters. Tbone said they already had 3, I gave my reasons for why they don't yet have 3. And until it's built, anything can happen to this new coaster...

Nothing about a future attraction, so a tangent off topic as usual, and something i'd think you'd be used to.

23 minutes ago, T-bone said:

Does it really need a water ride just because it’s called ocean parade?

Flowrider. Wipeout with a pool, water jets and themed to a wave. Claw with a sandy beach theme.

Now that wipeout is gone a ride that you (at first) could get wet on, yes, i think they do need a water ride in there. Flowrider isn't enough, and the claw is tentative at best.

The great thing about forums is that we can all have a very sensible discussion like this. I still personally believe it doesn't need another ride right now, there should be other priorities. Sure, lets look at that in the future, but right now, in my opinion there are bigger issues to fry throughout the park.

Going back to your Ocean idea DJ, for that reason I still wish they had have gone with the remote control boats in the old wipeout location that was exhibited on these forums, but I guess someone else thought what we got there instead was better? 

Alright well you're going to add a water ride, where do you put it? You could put it in Blue Lagoon and have that anchor the area, but look at Movie World to see the result. In winter MW shrinks because there's no reason to go past Scooby. There's a lot of park that barely gets used, so if you're DW and adding a new area of the park, do you make it something that'll barely be used most of the year? That's also based on Blue Lagoon being available to the park.

Could go DreamWorks land, but space is an issue. Maybe if you did some extensive reworking you could fit it in. Could also replace Log Ride with a water ride but it's time to reinvent DW. A coaster should go there to replace Log Ride. It gets the thrill rides out of Ocean Parade, and would leave Giant Drop, Steel Taipan, Unknown Steel Coaster and Buzzsaw all on the same side of the park.

Where else is left to put it? Ocean Parade. It's a themed land based on water. Duh. The fact it's next to the water park and some guests in that area would be well dressed for a drenching water ride is a bonus, but not the main point. The main factor is it would compliment the rides in Ocean Parade well, add to the theme and succeed in reinventing the park rather than just being a variation on the past.

Also a power splash is the wrong ride for DW for now and probably forever. Height restriction is too high, it's too intimidating for the whole family, is too expensive and doesn't add much in terms of kenetic energy. A boomerang is also a poor choice for DW. A boomerang is a great ride for an up and coming regional park, like an Aussie World or the plethora of small parks in Victoria, but it's too low a standard for a Gold Coast park. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, joz said:

Could go DreamWorks land, but space is an issue. Maybe if you did some extensive reworking you could fit it in. Could also replace Log Ride with a water ride but it's time to reinvent DW. A coaster should go there to replace Log Ride. It gets the thrill rides out of Ocean Parade, and would leave Giant Drop, Steel Taipan, Unknown Steel Coaster and Buzzsaw all on the same side of the park. 

I think the Log Ride was a keystone attraction for Dreamworld, and perhaps if anything they should revamp the once immensely popular Gold Rush area with a new log flume. With all the extra space a small family rollercoaster could be in order to fit in there, a mine train would go nicely with both the theme and families.