Creature Cruise at Dreamworld

Dreamworld - Remembering the Golden Years posted this, this morning

151ECC4D-D99F-4AE2-8CE3-5516B0F21999.thumb.jpeg.30fa6c0adbf2bfb0e1ef4f63cf7b560b.jpeg

I never knew this was an attraction and there doesnt seem to be much about it anywhere online. I found it ran from 1997 to 2000 and was a part of the Village Oval (which I believe today is Dreamworks).

Does anyone remember the attraction? I assume it was similar to Disney’s Jungle Cruise? Was it any good? Did it run on the Murrissipi River?

• Like 1

I know about it purely because it is in the Parkz Database.

"Journey through fragile habitats on our latest animal adventure, Creature Cruise." Creature Cruise was a gentle boat ride featuring 140 handcrafted animals, birds and marine life in their natural habitat.
This short-lived attraction was replaced by Kennyland, a childrens area that was replaced with Nickeldeon Central in 2002.

Status Closed
Opening Date Circa 1997
Closing Date 2000

One thing we do understand is that the final room of that ride is where the enclosure was for the Cougar Cubs (Inca & Sierra, which are still at the park today). 

After the rides run as a boat ride, the water course was boarded over, and it became a walk through before being removed for Nick Central.

• Like 1

I have extremely vague memories of riding it as a kiddo. I remember it being indoors and having a Dinosaur section (pretty sure the baby Triceratops they stuck in the Log Flume was from this) and that's pretty much it. I think the entrance may have been where the Madagascar Coaster is now? I remember enjoying it and being confused why it wasn't there on future visits.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, gavinfulikes said:

I found a park map from 1998. It could give a rough estimate of what the ride layout was. Also the Tower of Terror Skull looks like it was just burnt.

Note that Creature Cruise is right above “Country Fair”

FEC67F75-FF0E-4B4D-A5CC-50DE4961631E.thumb.jpeg.184d3762add00ff4f7845fe4125141a0.jpeg

FYI Country Fair was the name for Ocean Parade before it was Ocean Parade.

• Like 4

Dreamworld doesn't need more than four across seating.

- Designer of Creature Cruise and 'head of engineering'