What should dreamworld do to the murrisipi swamp river

Hey guys i thought i might as well bring this up as most of you know that CSPW was retired back in 2012 the boat remained in the river for about 1 or 2 years until removing the boat completely. Im not sure if they removed it's guidance track or not but since then its basically become a swamp more than a river but what do you guys think dreamworld should do the the river 

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.04.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.04.43 pm.png

16 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

Hey guys i thought i might as well bring this up as most of you know that CSPW was retired back in 2012 the boat remained in the river for about 1 or 2 years until removing the boat completely. Im not sure if they removed it's guidance track or not but since then its basically become a swamp more than a river but what do you guys think dreamworld should do the the river 

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.04.32 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-17 at 8.04.43 pm.png

it’s probably a long shot, but i would love to see a Jungle Cruise type of ride. Something similar to this would be great however i’m not sure how large their budget for new attractions will be after the new coaster and covid.

3 minutes ago, Slick said:

The ironically man-made river is now protected so it can't be drained, so if anything it's a question of "what can you do with the island?"

maybe build some sort of bridge to get onto the island and put some sort of ride on it or they make a new boat ride that i doubt

2 minutes ago, T-bone said:

The track is still there. What slick said is true. Ironic considering, but it is what it is. You can from what I understand use the water course, but in terms of massive construction or filling the river in, it’s a lot harder than what it may seem.

would someone be able to explain to me as to why the river is now protected as i am not all that sure about gold coast theme parks because Im based in Sydney

6 minutes ago, Taj O'Neill said:

maybe build some sort of bridge to get onto the island and put some sort of ride on it or they make a new boat ride that i doubt

would someone be able to explain to me as to why the river is now protected as i am not all that sure about gold coast theme parks because Im based in Sydney

You guys feel free to correct me if i’m wrong but i’m just assuming that it has become habitat to native animals

8 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

The island would make for a fantastic coaster site imo.... 

yeah i would like to see a coaster that would use the river and like glide over some of the water slightly like cheetah hunt but they drained the part of the ride that had that but we don't need more launch coasters at DW

Edited by Taj O'Neill

It’s not just the river but also the island itself. The whole area has become somewhat of a sanctuary and habitat for various wildlife. The river is full of water animals, eels, turtles, and ofcourse fish. The island I believe has birds and all sorts of creatures on it that call it their home.
Dreamworld being a responsible wildlife conversationist group would be doing themselves a disservice if they flattened or developed that area, even if they had the “ok” to do it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, themagician said:

Or invest in a new paddle boat, I’m sure there would be plenty of people would love to see it return. It was an iconic part of DW

a new paddle boat would be awesome but for it to keep its popularity it would need to be some sort of ride that would see animatronics pop out of the water but knowing its dreamworld i doubt they would do that

32 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Taj O'Neill I don’t think it needs that, maybe a small show like they used to have. That would be enough. For me, it’s really about the charm of going on a paddle boat around the river 

yeah maybe there could be new huts on the island and some actors in the huts around it doing some sort of show or something like them cutting wood and bringing it inside as an example idk it's just an idea but it would make for more of an attraction

40 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Taj O'Neill I don’t think it needs that, maybe a small show like they used to have. That would be enough. For me, it’s really about the charm of going on a paddle boat around the river 

it’s great for nostalgia, but realistically kids and teenagers from the GP aren’t going to want to go on a paddle boat, they want thrill rides

13 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

it’s great for nostalgia, but realistically kids and teenagers from the GP aren’t going to want to go on a paddle boat, they want thrill rides

yeah especially since rides are better than they were in the 70s and 80s like on new coasters they are smoother and the transitions aren't as rough like take the sea world's in America as an example they are more focused on rides more than the animals now and like sea world on the gold coast they are adding 3 rides in the next 2-3 years i think it will be more about who has the biggest and best rides now. Times have changed but it doesn't necessarily mean they don't care about the animals they just have rides to draw the thrill seekers and get extra cash at the end of the day 

Edited by Taj O'Neill

40 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

Teens maybe not, but the family market cannot just be ignored. 

My son is 7 and is starting to move into coasters and loves SDSC, RR, MDMC, but he’s just as happy going on a ride on the DW Express.

Im not in the paddle boat industry, but can imagine sourcing one would be ridiculous expensive, and i seriously doubt there is any chance one would return, however if it wasn’t so financially challenging, I think a river transverse with a show would be a massive crowd puller. Kids would love it as it’s unique, families would love something they could do together, parents and adults would love the chance to relax for 15-20mins, and even the Z’s would probably appreciate the insta and tiktok opportunities it would bring, again given its uniqueness  

• Like 4

The problem with the island is that it's now classed as a wetland. Getting approval and provisions in place to build something like a coaster on that is a nightmare and a half.
With the rails still sunk in the river though, it does make things a little easier to to put another boat style ride. The whole thing is essentially just a write off though which is why it's become the way it has.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

It seems crazy that a man-made environment inside of an amusement park would receive such protections.

I was thinking the same thing but if the native wildlife have moved in and its become such a sanctuary then I guess its hard to refute. Its crazy to think that Dreamworld would have any restrictions placed on them on what they wanted to do with land inside their own boundaries- but this is the world we live in currently. A return of some river cruise or boat ride would be a welcome return and a good family attraction- surely it would not be that expensive to do? Thrill rides are all well and good but the River Cruise is a much loved and lamented attraction and  a return of it would be an excellent move by Dreamworld management. Along with a brand new Flume or water ride-  these 2 attractions should be on top of Dreamworld's shopping list after the installation of the new coaster. 

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 5

On 17/05/2020 at 11:50 PM, Brad2912 said:

Im not in the paddle boat industry, but can imagine sourcing one would be ridiculous expensive, and i seriously doubt there is any chance one would return, however if it wasn’t so financially challenging, I think a river transverse with a show would be a massive crowd puller. Kids would love it as it’s unique, families would love something they could do together, parents and adults would love the chance to relax for 15-20mins, and even the Z’s would probably appreciate the insta and tiktok opportunities it would bring, again given its uniqueness  

I believe there's still plenty on the Murray and Darling rivers. However I think a brand new one would have to be made for the Murrisippi.