What should dreamworld do to the murrisipi swamp river

21 minutes ago, MacPark said:

Sorry I dont see what you are on about. I just want a link to a source that the river is a protected wildlife area.

Ok. Let me spell it out for ya.

You've got a rep count of 48, and have 206 posts. Slick has a rep count of 2199 and 2881 posts.

Slick is also a community leader here on the forums. It's kinda his job here to ensure a certain... standard. *Ahem*

While i'm not suggesting you take everything a community leader says as gospel (they're not always right, and they aren't infallible), they usually make their best efforts to not spout unfounded rumor without having seen some sort of evidence of it (and each active community leader has their own background or expertise related to the industry in some way - (want to know? ask them privately and see if they answer).

There are just some things you gotta take on faith. And that's where rep and post count comes in. Now i'm not suggesting for a moment that a high rep or post count means they're an expert, or always right (it can just mean they talk alot, which is why I'm at the top of both counts here on Parkz - toot!), but for someone to have amassed a 4 digit positive rep count, and a 4 digit post count (sorry Jdude!) generally suggests they've survived long enough on these boards to have the basics right. Seriously - if someone comes on spouting bullshit, they generally don't survive long.

But sometimes, those who know, can't say, and those who can say, don't know. So many times when information sources can't be revealed for one reason or another, sometimes its hinted at, or suggested, and sometimes you just have to pay attention to what gets said - a couple throwaway lines here and there can add up to a fact you can bank on, without ever having had to say it out loud.

TL:DR - if none of the longer term or experienced members of the forum are questioning something.... you just gotta ask yourself why that might be... and sometimes you just gotta trust it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Ok. Let me spell it out for ya.

You've got a rep count of 48, and have 206 posts. Slick has a rep count of 2199 and 2881 posts.

Slick is also a community leader here on the forums. It's kinda his job here to ensure a certain... standard. *Ahem*

While i'm not suggesting you take everything a community leader says as gospel (they're not always right, and they aren't infallible), they usually make their best efforts to not spout unfounded rumor without having seen some sort of evidence of it (and each active community leader has their own background or expertise related to the industry in some way - (want to know? ask them privately and see if they answer).

There are just some things you gotta take on faith. And that's where rep and post count comes in. Now i'm not suggesting for a moment that a high rep or post count means they're an expert, or always right (it can just mean they talk alot, which is why I'm at the top of both counts here on Parkz - toot!), but for someone to have amassed a 4 digit positive rep count, and a 4 digit post count (sorry Jdude!) generally suggests they've survived long enough on these boards to have the basics right. Seriously - if someone comes on spouting bullshit, they generally don't survive long.

But sometimes, those who know, can't say, and those who can say, don't know. So many times when information sources can't be revealed for one reason or another, sometimes its hinted at, or suggested, and sometimes you just have to pay attention to what gets said - a couple throwaway lines here and there can add up to a fact you can bank on, without ever having had to say it out loud.

TL:DR - if none of the longer term or experienced members of the forum are questioning something.... you just gotta ask yourself why that might be... and sometimes you just gotta trust it.

Look man, Ive been here since 2009. I have worked in the theme park industry for years here and over seas. A rep count and post count means someone spends a lot of time on the internet. I just want a source. Having worked for Ardent for many years its the first I ever heard the river was "protected" area. I just want to see a source. I am not doubting someones knowledge but I want to see some proof and the point of a forum is to chat about stuff. Your rep count means nothing to me sorry and for someone who seem to be such a regular on a forum you seem to have no idea how they work. If you dont have an answer to my question dont waste my time trying to put me down and act like some online forum legend no ones ever heard of.

Edited by MacPark
  • Like 4

I've got an answer to your question. But the forum rules prohibit me from divulging it.

I know you've been here since 2009. I can see you've contributed over that time also. (And if you check your profile visitors list you'll see i checked it before i posted my last reply).

I figured since you've been here that long that you'd understand that sometimes, things aren't able to be divulged. there's several possible reasons but the main one is usually the right answer. If you can't figure that out after a decade of being here, you're denser that I gave you credit for.

• Like 1

A quick search on PD Online for the Gold Coast brings up this map and enabling the environmental significance overlays highlights the pink areas. If the island is protected think it is more than safe to say the waters around it wouldn't be allowed to be modified easily either. Of all the community leaders here I think you have chosen the worst to doubt about information relating to Dreamworld and what the park is able to do with the land.

75e2c9b3-0513-4174-8f60-c9afa4fc58ba.thumb.png.4049a14d7758b4070ae472a3f0922f10.png

• Like 4