Expedition Theme Parks: The History of Dreamworld

Interesting, some factual inaccuracies and mainly rehashing information readily available. 

I find the title “the troubled history of DW” strange and somewhat silly however, given that apart from the final 2mins touching on the ownership changes, incidents and Longhursts’ dream/plan not occurring, the remainder of the video has no relevance to “troubled history”. 

Edited by Brad2912
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Interesting, some factual inaccuracies and mainly rehashing information readily available. 

I find the title “the troubled history of DW” strange and somewhat silly however, given that apart from the final 2mins touching on the ownership changes, incidents and Longhursts’ dream/plan not occurring, the remainder of the video has no relevance to “troubled history”. 

Apparently in the comments, Expedition Theme Park explained that he wanted to focus this video on the creation of the park and would do another linking video that concerns the TRR incident and the later years. This then makes the title of the video that much more of a misnomer- given that there were very few troubles in its early years and up to the late 1990"s, early 2000's , it was arguably seen as the industry leader on the Gold Coast.

*Edit* I messaged him on the channel with the same query and Expedition Theme Park has now changed the title , removing the "Troubled History" from the title. That seems like a very realistic change and far better suits this video. If he does a later video focusing on the TRR incident, i would have no issues using "troubled" in the title. Kudos to him for listening to public feedback. 

Edited by Jobe
  • Like 4

Expedition has a habit of clickbait headlines.

Likewise, they're also pretty nasty thieves - stealing work other people have done and just rehashing it with their own brand and logo. Its not a direct copy and they obviously do put some work in, but little research is their own...

I encourage you to watch this.. if only to identify his source material in the credits, and to go and give those sources your likes, comments, subscriptions and praise.

On 18/05/2020 at 10:51 AM, AlexB said:

Expedition has a habit of clickbait headlines.

Likewise, they're also pretty nasty thieves - stealing work other people have done and just rehashing it with their own brand and logo. Its not a direct copy and they obviously do put some work in, but little research is their own...

I encourage you to watch this.. if only to identify his source material in the credits, and to go and give those sources your likes, comments, subscriptions and praise.

So I now Give a thumbs up every time I see @Slick?

• Like 2