Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

20 hours ago, rappa said:

If there was a best white male post award yours would have just won it 👍

Well, considering you're trying to defend my "handicap" by saying using the word "handicap" is offensive to people like me, who are actually affected by it. So I'd kindly tell you to shut the fuck up and stop trying to be righteous about things that don't concern or affect you :) 

• Like 3

Luna Park in Sydney will be reopening on Friday July 3rd 2020. And tickets are currently available for these School Holidays ONLY. So, I really do not know if they will close again after the school holidays, but it is unlikely they will close unless something went horribly wrong. There are 2 sessions a day. From 10am to 2pm, and 3pm till 7pm, lasting for 4 hours. All tickets are Unlimited Rides Passes. There is Social Distancing (I don't think the guests will follow it) in queues, rides, staff, and other areas. Some rides may be closed (not outlined which) due to COVID-19. Your visit will be considered a event, rather than a normal visit. Staff will be wearing masks and other protective gearing, and will be disinfecting objects frequently. The visit will include a food pass, and sideshow pass (unless you have a annual pass or multi visit pass). They recommend you to come 30 minutes before the start of the event so that they can take your temperature and other medical stuff they need to do. More information is on their website: https://justforfun.lunaparksydney.com/luna-park-is-back/ or this video uploaded by Luna Park: 

I will be going on the first day, on the first session. And might take photo's and videos if I get permission to do that. Just don't want anybody from Sydney Trains, it could be anybody to try and touch me or try to take away my property again.

5 minutes ago, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

I attended SeaWorld yesterday 

It was really great to be back at the parks again

Unlike others on here, I don’t have pictures to share of my visit to share but I do have a video prepared for you all to watch including updates to New Atlantis as well 

Fantastic video @Jay Jay The Jet Plane, gives a very good insight into what the parks are like with restrictions. 👍

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Zac Beckwith said:

Fantastic video @Jay Jay The Jet Plane, gives a very good insight into what the parks are like with restrictions. 👍

Thanks man I appreciate it 

I’ll be going to the other parks when they eventually when they reopen besides the water parks which go figure 

While it is a different world now we live in where some may say it’s doom and gloom, it was nice to see a lot positivity and spirit put back into the place when I attended 

Here’s to having the parks back into the future 🍻

Edited by Jay Jay The Jet Plane
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, themagician said:

Doesn’t look like there will be much to do at WnW

09DDDBF6-2F2C-4F14-AF18-B4B8562C805F.jpeg

A32A5CBD-5BD6-4710-814B-30579A7CDDA4.jpeg

What a complete joke. I thought Movieworld was bad, but there will literally only be 2 slides open when you exclude the kids area. 

It begs the question, why even bother opening WnW?

Edited by Flynn_Smith
Adding comments

11 minutes ago, themagician said:

Doesn’t look like there will be much to do at WnW

09DDDBF6-2F2C-4F14-AF18-B4B8562C805F.jpeg

A32A5CBD-5BD6-4710-814B-30579A7CDDA4.jpeg

It's the colder months of the year. It's fine. No one goes to WnW anyway. It's not MW so it's fine. Those are the excuses we will hear.

The big issue here is all the casual staff left. That's the issue. Re-training takes a long time, unfortunately. It's not as basic as many think.

But let us look at the positives. At least MW will be open!.

Just now, themagician said:

@StingRay MW will be open, but there won’t be much to ride 

1E4F8E2D-89DA-4C03-8C2E-172F5BCA9340.jpeg

4B925545-77FE-462F-9934-900C42311DAA.jpeg

Please don't start this. I don't want to be called stupid again by someone on here...

But you are right. Not too much open. But that does not matter. It's Hollywood on the GC!.

So a little movie magic and no one will know the difference.

32 minutes ago, themagician said:

@Flynn_Smith to be fair, some are listed on the website but will reopen in time for the parks reopening. They always close Calypso, Surfrider and the paid attractions during winter. But never usually H20 as well

They are re-opening 15th of July, yeah? Only Constrictor and Aqua Racers will be open (in terms of slides). Yes, it’s winter, yes there won’t be many guests, so why bother opening at all? At this stage, there is no competition in the winter months between WnW and WWW (and we all know who the clear winner there is). 

2 hours ago, StingRay said:

It's the colder months of the year. It's fine. No one goes to WnW anyway. It's not MW so it's fine. Those are the excuses we will hear.

The big issue here is all the casual staff left. That's the issue. Re-training takes a long time, unfortunately. It's not as basic as many think.

But let us look at the positives. At least MW will be open!.

Funny thing about that is, the majority of VRTP staff are actually PPT especially for attractions. But yes, the retraining does take time. Not sure on WnW But I know that at Movie World it was at least 1 day of training (8am - 5pm) for each ride and training is only groups of 2 - 3 people at a time. Some rides did take 2 days of training (Superman, WBK / RoadRunner, Scooby off the top of my head) + 2x extra 4 hour evacuation training sessions for Scooby. So it would take a fair bit of time to re-train multiple groups of people, so you will likely see the same staff on the same rides for a little while until they can all be retrained on multiple rides.

• rappa locked this topic