Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

Ah yes, because I didn't join the party in dumping every truck full of shit on Ardent, it must be because in my eyes, they shoot pure rainbows and happiness out of their arse. I threw in some facts, you, as usual, exploded because I can't say anything about DW or Village without you coming to claim that I'm blindly up their arse with the rainbows.

Maybe if they stopped filling as many trucks, there would be less to dump...

I just want to make it very clear, I don't hate Dreamworld, but I do hate the company that owns it presently.

Edited by rappa

2 hours ago, AlexB said:

For fucks sake mate - you need to stop looking for a fight. You've read things into the post that just aren't there to suit your own agenda, and as a community leader, you should be setting a better example.

This. If he can't cope any time DW/Ardent comes up in conversation he needs to excuse himself.  He gets so worked up that his sentences barely string together any more. We get it, you don't like 'em, and you've been affiliated with VRTP to boot. Change the record.

4 hours ago, rappa said:

Passively standing idle by is just as bad as being an active participant in doing shit things.

I'm not singling out one post, I'm talking about a general vibe, read the posts above, there is already defensive sentiment towards Dreamworld being expressed.

And as Joz pointed out, needless comparisons being drawn to Village. Village is irrelevant, if something is shit, it's shit regardless of if someone else is also shit. 

I don't have an agenda outside of expressing my feelings that Ardent are a disgrace of a company who don't deserve to be responsible for the asset to the community that was Dreamworld. But for some reason every time I try to express such a point of view I get shot down.

And as a community leader I am setting an example, one I will continue to set, that things should be called out for what they are, not ignored because of blind admiration.

Look Robb you need a snickers mate.

13 hours ago, themagician said:

They went all out on this video

You know what I was ready to hate it before I watched, but thay was actually really good. Unusually creative. The only thing I'd say gets a mark down from me is the Village Logo, but overall, really good.

Look forward to seeing what DW do.

Edited by joz

10 hours ago, joz said:

Also the increase in the offer price relies on both MW & SW being open. MW will be the last thing to open. If it was 100% about a sale, why didn't they rush MW to open with SW?

Im assuming because seaworld was largely still running behind the scenes while covid forced closures. They probably had literally nothing to open at movieworld or wet n wild when seaworld opened otherwise they would have opened them too once they got the government approval. 

6 minutes ago, Levithian said:

Im assuming because seaworld was largely still running behind the scenes while covid forced closures. They probably had literally nothing to open at movieworld or wet n wild when seaworld opened otherwise they would have opened them too once they got the government approval. 

... which still shits on the idea that it's all about the sale price.

You need something to open to though. At the moment, approx half the park is going to be closed at movieworld (while still charging full price). The public will (and have started to) voice their opinions on whether they think it stinks. A big hit to the public opinion might be worth a few extra million to the sale.

Edited by Levithian

• rappa locked this topic