Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

11 hours ago, Thrill Seeker said:

At the end of the Jobkeeper program it is a requirement for ALL companies to employ that employee for at least 12 months after the program ending. This includes offering normal hours of employment. Yes they can take up voluntary redundancy if the employee agrees to it.

Yeah I'd really love for you to provide a source on that. That post deserves more fountains than it has.

4 hours ago, rappa said:

They need to stop trying to make the rake happen. 

At last something we can agree on!

14 hours ago, Thrill Seeker said:

At the end of the Jobkeeper program it is a requirement for ALL companies to employ that employee for at least 12 months after the program ending. This includes offering normal hours of employment. Yes they can take up voluntary redundancy if the employee agrees to it.

I think you've confused 'Casuals must be employed for 12 months before March 2020' to come to that conclusion.

By all means, if you have a source that back it up, please provide.

15 hours ago, Smol bean said:

I like that they changed the banners in the back to a welcome back sign that’s pretty neat

Plus it's 'generic rake theme' so they can reuse them at their other parks...

6 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

I'm happy that the majority of the parks are open but has anyone heard anything from dreamworld?

yes.

6 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

I'm happy that the majority of the parks are open but has anyone heard anything from dreamworld?

Apart from saying they will be open by September Holidays, they have been rather quiet.

Its a shame, COVID has been great for me personally and picked up more work so I was willing to buy a DW Pass for my family during our holiday in August but will have to wait and see if they will be open by August 17.

56 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Apart from saying they will be open by September Holidays, they have been rather quiet.

Its a shame, COVID has been great for me personally and picked up more work so I was willing to buy a DW Pass for my family during our holiday in August but will have to wait and see if they will be open by August 17.

Wut

16 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Wut

Open by September holidays. Technically means they can open any time between now and September holidays.

They really shouldn't just open first day of the holidays. They ideally would open at a minimum 1 week early to get into the COVID rhythm.

Edited by Naazon
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Naazon said:

Open by September holidays. Technically means they can open any time between now and September holidays.

They really shouldn't just open first day of the holidays. They ideally would open at a minimum 1 week early to get into the COVID rhythm.

Do remember this is DW... 
They'll probably quietly open a few days before school holidays and then make a big fanfare that they will be open and ready when the holidays start. 

Atmosphere was dreary at Movie World today. You could tell many families were disappointed with their visit and I've never actively heard children complaining about being in a theme park because they're bored until today. 

Village really dropped the ball on managing expectations with this one. You really shouldn't roll out the carpet and celebrate reopening when half your park is basically a construction zone. It would have made much more sense to quietly reopen with a focus on local community attendance whilst aiming to really ramp things up for the next holiday. 

• Like 2

• rappa locked this topic