Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

Went to MW this morning. Great to be back and it was very busy.

IMG_2954.thumb.jpeg.f84409e5d7f990022fd70215cbe68134.jpeg

Greater by signage everywhere, including the one shown below and to download the app.

IMG_2953.thumb.jpeg.d777a069cce85f1397ca79cf8244c185.jpeg

Crowds seemed to be hit and miss when moving through the park, as shown below

IMG_2964.thumb.jpeg.b878696097fd40cb2a77368ef9c5e21b.jpeg

IMG_2965.thumb.jpeg.5f710c455d7c8a48c5bf24b024c9a5f3.jpeg

Queue markers on the floor for rides that are expected to have overflows and markings for scheduled shows (such as the western one are in place)

IMG_2959.thumb.jpeg.a3e14d2d526cc89991584fb8ce3b7df8.jpeg

IMG_2962.thumb.jpeg.1ca387225d0937831e0aafbd29b33d89.jpeg

There was constant roaming entertainment and characters were positioned at points to ensure they would be kept at a safe difference from guests

While the markings for the queues are there and staff are trying their best to make sure people keep their distance, a lot of people weren't listening or paying attention (which is expected unfortunately). Hand sanitiser was at the entrance to the park (It's a foot pedal to activate), outside bathrooms, stores and exits to every ride. It seemed there were more cleaning staff too.

While there is around 6 attractions closed, all rides had decent wait times. Scooby was 80 minutes, Rivals was 60 and the rest were 60 or just under.

GENERAL PARK UPDATE

As mentioned, there is a new food option at the western area, Santa Fe Dogtown. The food looked pretty good and not bad pricing either for theme park food. One thing I also noticed was all food outlets had A frame menus at the start of the queue, I assume to help people make the decision before they get to the counter.

IMG_2957.thumb.jpeg.af557193c7a62cce6bedfe7449dbe444.jpeg

And with Virtual Queuing something the park is pushing, the signage outside all rides has been updated to include fast track and virtual queuing

IMG_2960.thumb.jpeg.add5355cccbd75cb1abca7e5a1cfcbf7.jpeg

IMG_2963.thumb.jpeg.d7584c06ad62099742d7597c3f523b21.jpeg

IMG_2967.thumb.jpeg.16c6c63f2a22381ad577b32f87073010.jpeg

• Like 2

So if thats the case the park should honestly close down until they get more rides back online. The brand damage of having next to no rides open is so bad for the long term image of the park. They have no Major rides past the fountain open (Rides not shows)

Those who say well they have posted it on their website so guest shouldn't expect more rides open is also crap. When I buy fast food they don't promise to have the food hot, but I expect it to still be hot.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Tim Dasco said:

So if thats the case the park should honestly close down until they get more rides back online. The brand damage of having next to no rides open is so bad for the long term image of the park. They have no Major rides past the fountain open (Rides not shows)

Those who say well they have posted it on their website so guest shouldn't expect more rides open is also crap. When I buy fast food they don't promise to have the food hot, but I expect it to still be hot.

I mean I went to KFC once and they literally ran out of chicken.

1 hour ago, Tim Dasco said:

But did they still sell you chicken products and say well the sign says we don’t have any chicken? 

No they sold me chips and and the sign out the front said KFC, implying they sold Fried Chicken.

For anyone wondering about the story, I then got a burrito from the complex next door and had a good night.

This kind of illustrates the point though, a KFC with no chicken, a pub with no beer, a theme park with 3 out 4 of the "Big" coasters closed, they all appear a bit absurd to the customer.

And yeah people can argue "BuT iT sAys oN thE WeBsiTe" like it's a get out of jail free card, but the issue is the product people wanted in  the first place just isn't available.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Gazza said:

And yeah people can argue "BuT iT sAys oN thE WeBsiTe" like it's a get out of jail free card, but the issue is the product people wanted in  the first place just isn't available.

I guess the difference is, KFC will usually tell you they're out of chicken prior to payment...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Naazon said:

No they sold me chips and and the sign out the front said KFC, implying they sold Fried Chicken.

For anyone wondering about the story, I then got a burrito from the complex next door and had a good night.

Indooroopilly? Had that happen to me a few times, KFC runs out of chicken so head to Guzman next door haha.

36 minutes ago, RobC said:

Indooroopilly? Had that happen to me a few times, KFC runs out of chicken so head to Guzman next door haha.

North Brisbane, but I understand KFC doesn't use frozen chicken or only have backup frozen chicken? so they actually run out more frequently than you would expect.

Still semi on topic, during/just after the 2011 Floods, McDonalds Brisbane was running out of stock and fast, and was very public about what they had run out of and the obvious reasons why yet people still complained, and then bought other in stock items from McDonalds. Food for thought.

I'm hungry now.

There's a difference between an expectation that your food will be hot, and a sign posted on the front door that says "all food cold today."

It wasn't good that the info wasn't on the app, but that's fixed now... I'm sure it was because of comments on Parkz <-- insert fountain here.

Can we move on now?

34 minutes ago, rappa said:

There's a difference between an expectation that your food will be hot, and a sign posted on the front door that says "all food cold today."

But that doesn’t make it ok. Your basically sending a message to your pass holders saying we don’t give a crap about you, just your money, when 75% off your attractions are closed.

Could you just imagine seeing a maccas with a sign saying we don’t have any fries, but still selling them for full price but just giving you the box? But saying well we had a sign up?

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic