Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

12 minutes ago, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

Superman is back open finally 🙌🏻
I have a family member down the park right now who just saw people getting their Metropolis Rapid Transit fix 

3A019F52-5268-43FF-9DCA-1F7A623A033A.thumb.png.13dc40148c1c3e5a82b1f613ff3351b1.png

I was there yesterday and staff confirmed wasn’t opening til Friday the 4th. It’s also still under maintenance on the website. Shame I can’t get there today

Edited by Rabbit2014

Dreamworld's #1 attraction, Sky Voyager is offering you an international experience with no passport required! Enjoy an all-new film that flies you over some of North America’s most incredible landscapes, from Niagara Falls to the famous skyline of New York City and beyond. You will experience landscapes such as arid deserts, icy glaciers, volcanic ranges and the deep blue Pacific, just to name a few!

Looks interesting 😀

Edited by Flynn_Smith

Plenty of action happening at Dreamworld and WWW today. You can really see they are wanting to get the park looking it’s best for its opening next week.

New signage at the entrance

1635562E-7630-4949-AA21-812C35B19D89.thumb.jpeg.63cef49b34c517d95cec5d55ecce1af9.jpeg

F5079EE2-96E6-42A8-8C83-98711F75E9A9.thumb.jpeg.62ee507b75b9491625007eae04c5f378.jpeg

Garden beds are getting new mulch and there were Gardner’s at the entrance gates

60A20244-801F-4B94-AD53-C29D6388B0F1.thumb.jpeg.33ee4785db4bcfd0b2b8b1b9ec7be08b.jpeg

Slides at WWW are getting tested too

69366178-9AE4-4D46-93AB-1929B9D61132.jpeg

03E61B88-0A3C-4BAD-922D-62B7E5C64138.jpeg

• Like 3

Are they really garden beds if there are no living plants in them? or are they just tree graveyards?

I'm surprised not much has been said about Raging Waters Sydney in here.

So they reopen soon, they're limited to 500 guests in park, so they're doing 2 x 4 hour sessions, at a cost of $50 per person, no season passes, although they're saying on socials that the money spent on sessions can be put towards the cost of a season pass 'when they become available'.

My initial reaction was that $50 for four hours sounded like a joke - they're also doing a longer 6 hour trade for their opening day (still limited to 500) for $75, including a meal combo. So basically $25 per 2 hours either way (with the meal combo for free). There's a lot of outrage on their socials about how expensive it is, especially with no season passes, but when I had a look at WNWGC, a 7 hour day ticket costs $79 - so really its not outside normal rates...

They have one of the towers closed, and the lazy river too, as well as sky coaster - but this seems on par with WnW as well...

any thoughts on this? or it's in sydney so who cares?

16 minutes ago, AlexB said:

Are they really garden beds if there are no living plants in them? or are they just tree graveyards?

True. I did see a few weeds though. So they’re weed beds 

In regards to Raging Waters. I assume that method is what they are doing at their international parks, but I don’t think that system works here. And you have to reserve the day and time you want to go. Which could mean, you can’t spontaneously go. And limiting at 500 people is crazy. Isn’t that park bigger than WnW, and yet their allowing a few thousand (50%). The park already isn’t that popular, and this will make it even less appealing. I guess with a 4 hour session and only 500 people allowed, that in theory means you’ll be able to get on all slides, possibly multiple times. Which could make the $50 worth it 

• Like 1

the 500 is apparently 5% of capacity and is in line with what the NSW gov has permitted.

The session system introduced is similar to what Luna Park Sydney is doing too.

But yes as you say - with such limited people in park, it could make it worthwhile as you wouldn't have so much in the way of queues.

On 09/09/2020 at 11:02 AM, AlexB said:

I'm surprised not much has been said about Raging Waters Sydney in here.

So they reopen soon, they're limited to 500 guests in park, so they're doing 2 x 4 hour sessions, at a cost of $50 per person, no season passes, although they're saying on socials that the money spent on sessions can be put towards the cost of a season pass 'when they become available'.

My initial reaction was that $50 for four hours sounded like a joke - they're also doing a longer 6 hour trade for their opening day (still limited to 500) for $75, including a meal combo. So basically $25 per 2 hours either way (with the meal combo for free). There's a lot of outrage on their socials about how expensive it is, especially with no season passes, but when I had a look at WNWGC, a 7 hour day ticket costs $79 - so really its not outside normal rates...

They have one of the towers closed, and the lazy river too, as well as sky coaster - but this seems on par with WnW as well...

any thoughts on this? or it's in sydney so who cares?

It's the exact same situation at LPS. Costs 50 dollars to get in, book in advance, once the Annual/Seasonal Passes expire you can't renew them. Still gonna take 40 minutes to get on Typhoon though! This must of been an recent decision as it was not mentioned on their website until today. Manly Surf N Slide haven't updated their website since March, so there is no opening plan yet. Aquatopia announced last month that they will open on September 26th. I will be booking tickets for the next available date. And I shall review to you all what it was like.

• rappa locked this topic