Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

4 minutes ago, rappa said:

Sigh this is all very boring. Surely we all have better things to be doing with our time than these back and forths. 

I know right? Like if covid can be transferred through theme park vomit. Though to be fair I don't think I've ever actually seen theme park vomit outside of Roller Coaster Tycoon...

On 17/09/2020 at 5:50 PM, auspicious said:

Wait what? What even does that last line mean? I'm criticising a major company with lots of flaws. Yet you (and @Jobe) seem to think personal insults are appropriate for anyone that dares to say that DW is looking rubbish. That's pretty childish.

WWF and a few other things @joz pointed out suck at MW. I didn't bring up direct comparisons to MW. @StingRay did and I replied with a list of things from DW seeing as he decided to make this about DW vs MW's failings for some reason.

You're right its not a competition. But no we shouldn't all support both blindly. Do you go back to your favourite restaurant after it repeatedly gives you food poisoning?  I don't hate DW but I definitely hate what it's looking like right now. And my idea of support isn't to ignore how bad DW looking and pretend they're getting better when it keeps getting worse.

I'm not offended that people like DW. I'm amused by the hipocrasy from the DW fanboys who went as far as calling the vrtp boss a wanker and said they were risking the public's safety when they reopened but have been mysteriously quiet about DW reopening.

I have to be the 3rd side to this riot in the forums. Even though that yes, we should support both parks. They are technically both in competition, because they are both 2 motorway exits between them. And for the past 5 years or so, Dreamworld has become depressed and is in an ego state. And what we have to worry is right now, even though that their getting a new coaster next year.

The reopening of Dreamworld is far worse then Movieworld. With only 1 roller coaster available, when they used to offer 6! And with numerous flat rides and whole lands either temporarily or permanently closed. Unless if there is big sucess with their new roller coaster and get back on their feet, which seems unlikely.

Well then the one day holiday will end, Kenny and Belinda will be hitchhiking 142 km to Aussie World (if they can get an job there), Movieworld and Sea World will have an monopoly on the Gold Coast, And Dreamworld will just be like Wonderland, either an industrial park, or more suburban housing. 

So let’s stop the fussing and the hudeing for just 5 minutes before saying that I’m not an local?

Had to laugh, on one of the largest GC community pages on fb, someone had a whinge that WWW has moved to seasonal and that their $99 pass is a massive rip off and should be discounted now. 
what’s more ridiculous is how many people are agreeing with her saying $99 is far too expensive for a year pass. 
the industry is doomed with idiots like this...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Had to laugh, on one of the largest GC community pages on fb, someone had a whinge that WWW has moved to seasonal and that their $99 pass is a massive rip off and should be discounted now. 
what’s more ridiculous is how many people are agreeing with her saying $99 is far too expensive for a year pass. 

Could probably just stop at Community Page and know we are all doomed. 
Cesspool of the internet right there. 

• Like 1

On 18/09/2020 at 7:08 PM, auspicious said:

So there’s not a big depressing wall cutting off a path that used to go to the other half the park there? Like it’spretty amazing that your relying on black and white dictionary definitions to say that’s not a miserable corner of the park. A path that once went somewhere now no longer does. It’s a dead end. And the wall literally connectors to BRC 

On my visit last week, the wall did not connect to BRC. It blocked the riverside path to Billabong station, while still maintaining an access path between it and BRC to get to billabong, and i think there are toilets down there too?

I'll grant you a 'dead end' at the saltwater crocodile exhibit at the other end of that, and the park is a shambles with things walled off or closed currently, but BRC is NOT a dead end.

Anyhow, since we're being so black and white - 'half the park' doesn't really look like 'half'

image.thumb.png.051f12ebcd2a58229924c2668300b2b2.png

I took a straight line between the corroborree wall and the billabong wall. What is closed in this 'half' of the park? the sheep shearing show? koala photos? some wildlife exhibits? Or is this just your favourite walking track? You're all cut up about this being walled off but there is very little in that area that is popular with non-japanese tourists.

On 19/09/2020 at 9:27 AM, AheadMatthewawsome said:

I have to be the 3rd side to this riot in the forums

You really don't.

18 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Heh - these are the crowds I referred to last week - hopefully less of them buy passes as a result, and the park will be less crowded. I'm more than happy to pay a higher price for a pass if it reduces the karen population in-park.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rachelkinks said:

I know this is a stupid question but if the TRRR tragedy never happened do you think TRRR, tower of terror, wipeout and log ride still be operating today?

TRRR yes, log ride yes. Wipeout and TOT no. Log ride supposedly closed as the cages added apparently did major damage to the boats and concrete channels. Wipeout and TOT Literally couldn’t run anymore. So they would have closed. 

• Like 2

Its almost like if old Bodgy Macgee Mr "I shouldn't be expected to know how all rides worked" didn't keep whacking on his home made modifications to the rides and did things properly you'd have a bunch of good rides still there.

And if past cheap skate management had taken up the option to upgrade ToT when they were given it, that too would still be running.

Luna Park has just released tickets for their 85th Anniversary online. On the website, there is an interactive timeline with some interesting photo's. There are also 2 new shows, which are: Remember That Time, Miles Of Smiles, and the Cake Cutting on October 4th only. You will also enter a draw when you buy a ticket. You can win a GoPro, Private Surfing Session, Whale Watching Experience, Free Tickets to Luna Park and other experiences in Sydney, and more! Commemorative pins and keyrings will be available at the merchandise store for a limited time. There shall be 2 sessions per day lasting 5 and a half hours. One from 10:30 am to 4:00 pm. And 5 pm to 10:30 pm. The tickets still act as an unlimited rides pass. Same COVIDSafe plan applies. Same temporary rides are in place. And there is still no new/meaningful information on the Moon Ranger and Tumble Bug. If you want more information or to book tickets, this is the website: https://justforfun.lunaparksydney.com/85th-birthday/#whatson

• Like 1

• rappa locked this topic