Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

11 hours ago, Rivals said:

( probably wrong forum for this post ) recently on the VRTP when you open movie world, an imagine of an unknown coaster pops up and disappears within seconds. Is it possible it could be an Arkham replacement? 

26A3D0CF-C0AA-4ACD-A3AE-08A8ED5B0DDC.png

Yeah, Just like the 'mark your carpark' function says (or at least used to say) that it was at Knott's. I'm thinking instead of removing and replacing the image they've just laid another image over the top without removing the old one.

12 hours ago, Rivals said:

( probably wrong forum for this post ) recently on the VRTP when you open movie world, an imagine of an unknown coaster pops up and disappears within seconds. Is it possible it could be an Arkham replacement? 

26A3D0CF-C0AA-4ACD-A3AE-08A8ED5B0DDC.png

I did some research on what that coaster that is, it’s Velikolukskiy Myasokombinat which is a Russian Blue Fire clone 

So yes, we are getting this but just at a different park in a different colour scheme too 

Certainly a placeholder image for the app

D86C45A8-1072-4F28-A8D9-E95920234348.thumb.png.4b75ffc4dc4d6022275905dd3c6450fb.png

Edited by Jay Jay The Jet Plane

21 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

their cheap offshore app developer

Why that statement?

Its common knowledge is the App is from Accesso who aren’t exactly cheap and are kind of the standard for this sort of thing in parks.  

22 minutes ago, rappa said:

Why that statement?

Its common knowledge is the App is from Accesso who aren’t exactly cheap and are kind of the standard for this sort of thing in parks.  

Because the “error” or “oversight” was markedly familiar to the type of mistake I’ve seen occur multiple times in cheap, offshore developer apps. 

• Like 2

On 07/10/2020 at 8:52 AM, Jay Jay The Jet Plane said:

I did some research on what that coaster that is, it’s Velikolukskiy Myasokombinat which is a Russian Blue Fire clone 

So yes, we are getting this but just at a different park in a different colour scheme too 

Certainly a placeholder image for the app

D86C45A8-1072-4F28-A8D9-E95920234348.thumb.png.4b75ffc4dc4d6022275905dd3c6450fb.png

Fun fact.

Velikolukskiy Myasokombinat means Meat Processing Plant in English.

There's also a second coaster with this sponsor in the park Velikolukskiy Myasokombinat-2. 

M E A T.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know why people were thinking this ride would close 

A. These types of rides are common so there wouldn’t be a shortage of parts

B. The ride opened in 2011 so it’s only been around for 9 years so it would be too soon for the ride to close I expect to close in the next 10 years or so if the area isn’t revamped in that timeframe 

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

Please let me know what rides Dreamworld have retired within 4 years of opening... given it’s so common, that shouldn’t be a problem for you.... 

- Creature Cruise
- Kevil Hill Walkthrough (Mummy Walk through, Tomb Raider Walkthrough etc. etc.)
- Jump-o-planes
- Giggle & Hoot Ride
- Peter Brock's Garage
- Troll's Village
- Pay-per-watch Cinema
- The Captain Sturt after they didn't use marine-grade woods....
- Wipeout post-refresh

(Clearly a sarcastic post, fyi.)

Please don't start a fight. Is it because your back on now @AlexB? I don't want to have a sneak peak of Monday's episode of The Real Housemates of Theme Park Enthusiasts! PLEASE, NO SPOLIERS FOR GOODNESS SAKES!

Sorry - I've been travelling through the outback for the past two weeks. Rest assured we will resume our regularly scheduled programming on Monday.

• rappa locked this topic