Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19

themagician

There was literally no social distancing the other night at White Christmas. Yeah they put tape around for the parade etc, but as usual the GP just ignore the tape. They also have stages and entertainment set up in areas that really cant handle crowds. ie the Wild West backdrop is a 'stage' for Mrs Claus show and it was bumper to bumper down there because its not exactly a massive walkway to begin with. I didnt even try to get from Doomsday to WWF because it was that packed. Kind of frustrating to see the GP completely disregard measures in place. Im not exactly worried about Covid at the moment, but I do enjoy my space from people in general XD

13 minutes ago, ejpdtd said:

There was literally no social distancing the other night at White Christmas. Yeah they put tape around for the parade etc, but as usual the GP just ignore the tape. They also have stages and entertainment set up in areas that really cant handle crowds. ie the Wild West backdrop is a 'stage' for Mrs Claus show and it was bumper to bumper down there because its not exactly a massive walkway to begin with. I didnt even try to get from Doomsday to WWF because it was that packed. Kind of frustrating to see the GP completely disregard measures in place. Im not exactly worried about Covid at the moment, but I do enjoy my space from people in general XD

Social distancing from other guests is still required. I just meant it’s no longer a requirement that you stand exactly 1.5 meters away from the character when getting a photo op.

Edited by FoolishMortal999

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 10:13 PM, FoolishMortal999 said:

Social distancing from other guests is still required. I just meant it’s no longer a requirement that you stand exactly 1.5 meters away from the character when getting a photo op.

Theres a big difference between 'required' and adhered too, even on a normal day people in lines just dont seem to understand the purpose of the stickers on the ground.

I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the parks during these holidays especially with Covid detected in sewage all over the south east. 

Edited by ejpdtd
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ejpdtd said:

Theres a big difference between 'required' and adhered too, even on a normal day people in lines just dont seem to understand the purpose of the stickers on the ground.

I sure as hell wouldn't be going to the parks during these holidays especially with Covid detected in sewage all over the south east. 

Lol

better not go anywhere then...

The sewerage samples were from early November. Means jack now. 

I’m doing both seaworld and movie world in the same day today but I feel both operate totally different COVID plans.

Seaworld filled all seats on vortex, storm coaster and jet rescue. So we had to have other people seat next to us without spacing.

Movie world keeps groups separated so if we had 3 in our group on coasters we would have a empty seat next to us for COVID socially distancing.

seaworld rides lineups move so much faster with 30min or less waits cause of filling seats but movieworld it’s taking around about 1 and a half hour wait for most rides cause of empty seats.

I’m happy to sit next to others but no so sure about how everyone else feels about this?

• Like 1

Sit me next to anyone you like. 
there is no social distancing at cinemas anymore, there is no social distancing at the shops in queue, aisles etc. 

time to stop living restricted when there is no current outbreak. Live cautiously, and if you are more susceptible take your own personal precautions.  

• Like 2

...and that's the problem with this virus all over. The attitude of 'i'm not directly effected so it doesn't bother me'

The young 'only old people die'

The regions 'i don't live in <locked down area>, so it doesn't matter'

Complacency breeds failure. QLD as a whole has been vastly sheltered from this pandemic due to the quick and decisive actions of the QLD Government, despite the naysayers and critics shouting them down.

The risk that these contacts could have in some manner travelled to the gold coast, is in my opinion as high or higher than any of the other LGAs listed in the Brisbane lockdown order, and it was a little strange (although probably predictable at the height of the gold coast tourism season) that the GC wasn't locked down too.

It may all work out fine. But saying 'we shouldn't live restricted because there's no current outbreak' when we've seen just how quickly 1 case turns into thousands with complacency is reckless at best.

It's all well and good to say 'be cautious and take precautions' but in my experience i've found that those who try to be cautious and take precautions are lambasted and scorned in public settings for simply asking for people to keep their distance, because there 'aren't any restrictions so I can do what i want'.

• rappa locked this topic