Jump to content

Theme Parks Reopening Post COVID-19


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here’s our take on the reopening. It expands a bit more on my thoughts and Luke has added more as well.     

Annual passholders received a 208 day extension to their pass expiry Rides retired are officially announced instead of being SBNO for 8-9 months without word from the park (and Flowrider was a

*sigh* I'll moderate when I get time later

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Brendo88 said:

Can't remember if its been mentioned or not, but I note that GL Maintenance period has had it's November end date removed.  It now has no scheduled end date, and joins its mate AA with no set re-opening date. 

 

Anyone know if its an actual maintenance thing, or perhaps part of the covid restrictions?

 

Capture.PNG

Maybe some extra structural or mechanical issues have arisen in the maintenance, not sure why they would remove the end date completely though. They shouldn’t close it permanently though, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was just reading though all the info on DE again and realised that WWW will only be open September to January with some weekends either side of those dates.. I would have thought they’d keep the park open until April (Easter school holidays) and then they’d shut. Because between April and January it can still be very hot.

1571485D-E925-4FEC-BC7F-0A329983B4F6.jpeg

EDIT: I just read some some comments on DWs socials and they said they will be opening weekends from January to March and then will fully reopen for the Easter holidays. So it’s likely they will then fully close until September holidays 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, themagician said:

I was just reading though all the info on DE again and realised that WWW will only be open September to January with some weekends either side of those dates.. I would have thought they’d keep the park open until April (Easter school holidays) and then they’d shut. Because between April and January it can still be very hot.

1571485D-E925-4FEC-BC7F-0A329983B4F6.jpeg

EDIT: I just read some some comments on DWs socials and they said they will be opening weekends from January to March and then will fully reopen for the Easter holidays. So it’s likely they will then fully close until September holidays 

I might have read it wrong but I thought somewhere it was mentioned they will review opening times depending on 'weather' (read-attendance).

Link to post
Share on other sites

The billboard looks good. 
 

I realise they don’t really generate much revenue but they make a big impact on the highway. I always thought it was silly that VRTP got ride of theirs all those years ago.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

Probably needed to be replaced and Village did their old trick of just removing it, not seeing any value in it.

Well village does remove Or change anything they don’t see value In take the change form hsd to hsd2 in like 5 years for example 

  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/08/2020 at 8:06 AM, Jdude95 said:

Probably needed to be replaced and Village did their old trick of just removing it, not seeing any value in it.

It was an issue with council, plain and simple, but points for sticking with the VRTP is evil thing there. 😄

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Slick said:

It was an issue with council, plain and simple, but points for sticking with the VRTP is evil thing there. 😄

Well, it’s not like it’s a new theory... Village have a history of removing or ignoring useful things. But yeah, fuck Village because I apparently can’t say anything without it being assumed Village is being run by Stalin as a Gulag. 
 

could have just provided the answer without the snark but I guess I should just expect this from you now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

Well, it’s not like it’s a new theory... Village have a history of removing or ignoring useful things. But yeah, fuck Village because I apparently can’t say anything without it being assumed Village is being run by Stalin as a Gulag. 
 

could have just provided the answer without the snark but I guess I should just expect this from you now. 

You implied that Village didn't see any value in a billboard, and I know first hand that wasn't the case.

I used facts, you used emotions, and then doubled-down on the latter whilst ironically implying snark in a snarky reply. Irony, ammirite?

Edited by Slick
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Slick said:

You implied that Village didn't see any value in a billboard, and I know first hand that wasn't the case.

I used facts, you used emotions, and then doubled-down on the latter whilst ironically implying snark in a snarky reply. Irony, ammirite?

You used to be able to give an answer without throwing in snark but now you're all salty for some reason and there's nothing I can do about that. 

Have a great week! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jdude95 said:

You used to be able to give an answer without throwing in snark but now you're all salty for some reason and there's nothing I can do about that. 

Have a great week! 

Just like Village, correlation doesn't equal causation. Ergo, my career-altering doxxing by someone we'd both call a mate is not the reason why you suddenly think I have an axe to grind with you, pal.

My posts are more positive and up-beat than ever. Here's a great example of that. 🍻

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

To encourage locals to visit during the week and actually spend money in park they are doing B1GOF at Gotham and 15% off retail. Interesting to note they are not including Monthly Members in this offer as they usually do for limited offers.

https://themeparks.com.au/benefits/monthly-benefits

Edited by Park Addict 93
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am new here, but I believe the Side Winder is getting a retheme that fits nicely with Ocean Parade. From what I've heard "Gold Coaster" was a name they were going to use originally but decided to go with a different colour scheme so dont expect them to use that name. Will wait and see. 

Edited by Rachelkinks
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rachelkinks said:

Am new here, but I believe the Side Winder is getting a retheme that fits nicely with Ocean Parade. From what I've heard "Gold Coaster" was a name they were going to use originally but decided to go with a different colour scheme so dont expect them to use that name. Will wait and see. 

 

D70F92D2-74B9-4EB5-A2E8-09A55AF74F27.gif

I expect Gold Coaster to still be the name however.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • rappa locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.