Coasterlife

Could Sea world be getting ready to demolish the castle?

44 posts in this topic

Ride design is not intense, but the way it’s situated puts a lot of people off it. It is quite an intimidating looking ride, mostly because of the way guests view the ride. 

• Like 2

It would cost more to renovate most likely due to the insurance involved in an In House attraction, unless a manufacturer decides to take on the job and turn it into one of 'their' rides, which is super unlikely.

That and the park has already announced the ride is permanently closed.

• Like 2

I think recycling stuff is often a false economy because you basically have to shoehorn your design around an existing layout and features and legacy engineering limitations, and that forces other parts of the design you wouldn't necessarily do otherwise.

Whereas with a clean slate you can do the most optimal solution, which can well work out cheaper.

Edited by Gazza

46 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I think recycling stuff is often a false economy

I totally agree with that. I think reviving the Flume would be a good way to spend a few million, but I don't see it as something that should still be there in another 42 years. Ideally in 10-15 You'd want to have a proper vision for how the middle of the park works. Reopening Flume just buys you time and helps fix the immediate problems the park will face in the medium term till it can be fixed properly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

I think recycling stuff is often a false economy because you basically have to shoehorn your design around an existing layout and features and legacy engineering limitations, and that forces other parts of the design you wouldn't necessarily do otherwise.

Whereas with a clean slate you can do the most optimal solution, which can well work out cheaper.

Agree there, which is what happened with Sky Voyager. It possibly would have been quicker and more beneficial for them to build a new purpose built building for the ride, rather than trying to shoehorn it into the existing cinder block building. 

That’s just my 2 cents I guess

2 hours ago, Gazza said:

See also: Storm Coaster.

On 31/07/2020 at 9:30 PM, Smol bean said:

It’s definitely closing now after seeing those photos 

'Definitely' ? They couldn't just have removed the signage because the film has done it's run and they're doing up new signage for the next film to arrive?

I'm not saying its true, but its a bit rich to say it's 'definitely closing' simply because signage has been removed.

How about a 3D film of virtual rides, because you know, sea world doesn’t have any rides right now, so may as well take the guests to a place that actually does have rides..

For those who don’t know, this is sarcasm.

• Haha 3

I honestly could not care less if they get rid of the castle, sure it has been there for a long time. But getting rid of the castle will not only give an excuse to remove the hideous  corpse of Viking's Revenge, but also free up space for future development.

• Like 4