Could Sea world be getting ready to demolish the castle?

Coasterlife

My reason for this is that all signage for Spongebob 3D has been removed and a while back when they announced Vikings revenge would retire they said it would be removed to make way for a new attraction coming in 2019 but as you all would know that never happened and the ride has sat SBNO for 4 years or so

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 1

Whilst they are at it, Disney should demolish Sleeping Beauty's Castle because it has been there for a really long time...

The castle at Sea World is sadly another case of Sea World neglecting what was once an icon (much like the light house). I am with you, going by the recent trend at that park, it will probably be unceremoniously removed, much like the light house was, but what could or would they put in that location? I mean, it would give them a chance to help flatten that area, perhaps even re-work the pathways around storm, they could fill in the splash down pool for Vikings and make the area more and easily accessible.

• Like 1

I just checked the sea world website and the castles being gone is way more believable now. as on the website any peep about spongebob 3D has been  Removed from website it’s not mentioned in the maintenance page and nowhere on the attraction Page. so yay sea world are probably just gonna silently announce the closure of the ride and then close that day kinda like Wipeout but not as loved

I think they should utilise the theatre how they did with Planet SOS. Make it an attraction that people want to visit. It always used to get queues. I rarely saw a queue for Spongebob, even in peak periods.

Put the entrance back on the other side and make it noticeable.

Removing it or utilising it for something else would be great, but if they don’t want to spend the money, then create another 4D show that’s worthwhile 

• Like 3

does anyone have a new photo from this angle in its abandoned state if you do could you please upload it if you can 

in these 2 photos, you can see the colour of the castle has changed as well as the landscape that had changed when the cable cars were added if you notice anything else bring them up.

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 3.01.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 3.01.49 pm.png

• Like 2

A revamp of vikings revenge and bringing the theatre back into the public eye would be a much cheaper alternative to a complete demolition and replacement. It would open up 2 new attractions for a fraction of the cost of a new ride and will still retain one of SeaWorld's oldest and significant rides (that being Viking's revenge of course). 

13 minutes ago, LunaParkFan said:

A revamp of vikings revenge and bringing the theatre back into the public eye would be a much cheaper alternative to a complete demolition and replacement. It would open up 2 new attractions for a fraction of the cost of a new ride and will still retain one of SeaWorld's oldest and significant rides (that being Viking's revenge of course). 

Fine opinion to have. I disagree, but I will say the ride 100% wasn't made better when they rerouted it for storm - to put it very gently.

It's not a world beater, and in its current form is a bit sad. But I think if you were to spend money to bring it back, it would be better bang for buck than demolishing everything and starting again. I don't think SW should be built around it though and it's not a sacred cow, but for now it's there and the whole park is so sad that it should be opened till a cohesive plan exists to use the land properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themagician said:

61660649_2349495055110522_5818783626325655552_o.thumb.jpg.d45923bfb5bd040ebe6b48612d1fa7de.jpg

Here's another shot that almost lines up perfectly with the others

Definitely isn’t a good look for seaworld, and especially as a central part of the park. Something needs to be done about it. I understand that it’s not first on their agenda, but something needs to happen, whether it’s just cleaning up the foliage and removing the tracks, or fully renovating the ride and reopening it.

2 hours ago, themagician said:

61660649_2349495055110522_5818783626325655552_o.thumb.jpg.d45923bfb5bd040ebe6b48612d1fa7de.jpg

Call me crazy but I've had a thought on what could possibly be done with this space. Noting however that this idea, as far as I am aware, doesn't even exist as a ride.

You could always build a family vertical coaster with a water splash brakerun. The drop is small enough to not be too intimidating for younger riders, there's some decent space to add a few other smaller elements and it gives Sea World a nice family option to ride thrill wise between the kids area rides and Storm.

Just a thought.