I just thought of marking a place for us to share stories from Theme parks whether they’re insane, scary or happy share them here. Here’s one from theme parks me I remember going into hot wheels sidewinder just to look at the queue because I was too scared to go on it

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 3.01.57 pm.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-28 at 3.01.49 pm.png

Don’t know what’s going on with the photos so just try your best to ignore it thanks

Edited by Smol bean

I was scared of the big thrill rides for a long time, and i mean a long time. So most of my stories comes from my dad putting me on rides that i was utterly terrified of. This was back when my favourite rides were Mick Doohan's Motocoaster and Shockwave.

I remember starting to do research on these rides that i was terrified of, which by research i mean Wikipedia articles. I was starting to come out of my shell a bit, so i decided to brave the Giant Drop. I was instantly terrified after riding and immediately never wanted to get back on another big ride again.

A similar story happened with the Batwing Spaceshot, except i was forced onto the ride by my father on my second-ever trip to Movie World. I remember just being terrified, it felt so high up. I went on the ride late last year for an end of school trip, i have never been more underwhelmed. 

My first ride of Superman was interesting, i hugged my dad and had my eyes shut throughout the queue. Then we got back row, and i thought it wasn't that bad at first. I had already seen the Theme Park Review pov, so i was just pointing out the stuff like the waterfalls and cop cars to my father. Then we launched... the rest of the experience is a blur. I had my eyes closed the entire time. 

My dad constantly tried pushing me onto the big rides, like Tower of Terror. Which i never rode, which i am a bit bummed. I was too scared when we had Dreamworld passes, and i haven't been back since 2014. There is always Magic Mountain i suppose. 

I remember my first time on DC Rivals fondly, i remember still feeling a bit intimated. After the ride, any fear i had of coasters just faded away. I will wrap it up with one quick stories on my experience in theme parks as a young youngster. My first ride on Bermuda Triangle scared me so much that i kept my head down the entire ride (Which seems to be a common trope.) My mother thought i fell or jumped off the boat during the ride.

Edited by Prequel

One story of mine which I remember really strongly is from Disneyland. I was just old enough to ride without my parents, but not old enough to wander the parks by myself. My parents sent me and my younger brother off to go ride Splash mountain. We entered the queue at the very very end, (the line goes out and around the perimeter). Anyways my parents say bye and we go off to ride the ride. We get off afterwards and our parents are nowhere to be seen. So at this point i’m really scared and don’t know what to do. (I didn’t want to walk off just incase they came) We go over to a cast member and tell them what’s happened and they tell the people and the information desk and a search was about to start. The cast member told us to follow them to the front of the park while the other cast members located my parents. Anyways, we are walking out of Critter Country, and we walk right past the area we entered and there my parents are. For some reason they thought that the entrance to the queue was the same as the exit. Sorry for the length of the story but i thought that it would be an odd park experience to share with you all. If you read the whole thing then thank you!

• Like 1

Here’s a short story I am a complete pussy when it comes to roller coaster I have not ridden on any the closet thing I’ve been is wwf and probably the first I will ever go on in a month or 2 once I get the one pass will be the road runner roller coaster. because here’s some advice for people wanting to ride coasters start small don’t just make you first coaster dc rivals you won’t be ready for it start with something small like scooby doo or road runner.

Edited by Smol bean

21 hours ago, Smol bean said:

Here’s a short story I am a complete pussy when it comes to roller coaster I have not ridden on any the closet thing I’ve been is wwf and probably the first I will ever go on in a month or 2 once I get the one pass will be the road runner roller coaster. because here’s some advice for people wanting to ride coasters start small don’t just make you first coaster dc rivals you won’t be ready for it start with something small like scooby doo or road runner.

so you’re on a theme park website where the main topic is roller coasters, and you’ve never been on one...

2 hours ago, Zac Beckwith said:

so you’re on a theme park website where the main topic is roller coasters, and you’ve never been on one...

To be fair, the only coaster I've ever been on was the Beastie at Wonderland. I didn't want to go on it, and I hated it every second after the top of the lift hill. That was when Wonderland was almost new. I was like 10. It was 33 years ago. And even now the thought of being on a roller coaster makes me a little nauseated.

And I Iurk here (mostly) every single weekday. It's my second stop after my news.

I watch ride videos all the time, I subscribe to RC Youtube channels. I like the history, the engineering, the idea of roller coasters, just not the actual experience. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zac Beckwith said:

There is more to a park than just roller coasters, Disney parks are a fine example of this. You can still go out and have a fun day without riding them.

16 minutes ago, khadro said:

I didn't want to go on it, and I hated it every second after the top of the lift hill.

Sad to hear your first experience on one was a bad one. Out of curiosity is it just roller coasters or are rides like Wild West Falls also on your list of rides you won't do?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pin142 said:

Sad to hear your first experience on one was a bad one. Out of curiosity is it just roller coasters or are rides like Wild West Falls also on your list of rides you won't do?

I've never been on WWF either. It's the drop that I don't like. When I was younger (5 or 6 I guess) I definitely went on the flume at Seaworld.

I have a daughter now who is fearless, because she is 6. She wanted to go on one of those portable flume rides a couple of years ago, and her mother hates water rides, so I took her. And it sucked, but didn't kill me.

I was also completely prepared to take her on the kids coasters at SW and MW when we went up in 2018, but circumstances led to her going with someone else, and asked me to watch them from the side. Which is a bit of a shame, because it might have worked in my favour.

She was, at the time, too short to go on WWF. So who knows, next time we make it back to the GC I may end up on WWF, but I don't think I'll ever be doing Rivals.

1 hour ago, khadro said:

I watch ride videos all the time, I subscribe to RC Youtube channels. I like the history, the engineering, the idea of roller coasters, just not the actual experience. 

This was me. Hated the pirate ship and Vikings ride's at Seaworld as a kid. Forced onto both of them. I was peddle boats kinda kid.

In my early twenties, got into the engineering etc of roller coasters, but never wanted to ride them. Watched the POV videos etc.

Mid 20's, my girlfriend (now wife) convinced me to go on Cyclone at Dreamworld during an early access day. Was very apprehensive, but went. Insisted on going straight around again!

• Like 1

I got stuck on Rocky Hollow Log Ride once when I was 9. I was with my Dad and we were just about to crest over the top of the conveyor belt when the ride shut down and we were stuck there for about 30 minutes. Next week after that Dreamworld offered us a free tour of the park and a worker there at the time called Cameron took us past the queues and through behind the scenes passageways to get on the rides. It was a great memory and is proof of just how friendly and great Dreamworlds staff are, or at least what it was like back in 2006

My best memory of the parks is working the Movie Magic Special Effects show at Movieworld. An extremely cruisy day... maybe three shows before parade, go out and put the bollards down, two shows after parade. Such an incredible crew to work with and made some lifelong memories including

* Accidentally picking non-english speaking volunteers (except for superman - superman was always a family man or a non-english speaking tourist) * trying to make sense of the sound effects stage * playing around in the gimble at memphis belle * dodging bootys being thrown over the set at your head while on the superman stage

Such an easy shift and so much fun.. maybe do a lunch relief at WWF or Scooby but most of the time chill in the greenroom. 

• Like 4