Saddle Up as Australian Outback Spectacular Reopens on the Gold Coast

2 hours ago, rappa said:

theme park news. 

Is Australian Outback Spectacular considered a theme park or would it be more inline to an upcharged themed indoor precinct. Or is it an Australiana dinner and show package featuring many Australian animals, songs and bush tucker.

Edited by TomiJ

39 minutes ago, jjuttp said:

As someone who's never gone before, is the "top rail experience" exactly what it says on the tin and effectively in the nosebleeds like Draculas, or is it closer to the action?

“Upgrade to the Top Rail experience and get the best seats in the house to take in the extraordinary immersive experience of the Australian bush and Outback life in Australian Outback Spectacular's Heartland.

Your package includes a pre-show beverage, a souvenir program, an exclusive photograph plus more!“

They have a high end premium section that's super awesome service, full proper drinks service, extra food offerings, meet and greet with the cast and a backstage tour. and costs like $250 a head. It's up the back but it's also it's own lounge. 

Top rail is a cheaper premium, you're sat directly in the middle downstage (so not on the sides) plus there's an extra drinks service or two and they throw in a program I think?

Personally at Outback, from my experience I wouldn't be in the front row unless I was with people who couldn't climb stairs. There are 6 rows, I think the middle 4 rows, as close to downstage as you can get is where you want to be. The front row isn't bad as such, and being close is nice, but I think up a little higher is better, particularly since this show has the floor projection 

• Like 1

The Top Rail seats are definitely the best offering both from a position standpoint (you can still choose front, back or middle in the top rail section) but if you want to enjoy alcoholic drinks then it’s a much better deal. You’ll get a premium beverage selection and personal table service with at least double the number of drinks served than regular seats. 

You also get a drink from the bar pre show included (normally you’ll have to pay), a free photo rather than buying the expensive photo package and a program. So yeahs its a good deal. 

Edited by rappa
  • Like 1

On 04/07/2020 at 9:55 PM, TomiJ said:

Is Australian Outback Spectacular considered a theme park or would it be more inline to an upcharged themed indoor precinct. Or is it an Australiana dinner and show package featuring many Australian animals, songs and bush tucker.

It's as much theme park news as Sea World Helicopter hangar construction, or Soundstage construction was. Its part of the VRTP umbrella, it's on property, and its a complimentary experience to the rest of the offering.

So yes, it's still 'theme park news' as much as a new restaurant opening up in Downtown Disney or Universal CityWalk would be reported on.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, AlexB said:

It's as much theme park news as Sea World Helicopter hangar construction, or Soundstage construction was. Its part of the VRTP umbrella, it's on property, and its a complimentary experience to the rest of the offering.

So yes, it's still 'theme park news' as much as a new restaurant opening up in Downtown Disney or Universal CityWalk would be reported on.

Throw in the Koala research facility too and we can have a great time!