Has luna park sydney pulled the plug on 2 classic rides

When I was there back on July 3rd. When you get up to the Tumble Bug. It is all blocked out by fencing. I did record it all blocked up, but I can't upload it to Parkz. It seems like they are going to replace it with something. Sadly, if it gets removed, I would of never gotten to ride it. As I get sick even by a little kids teacup ride! Nor the Spider or the Tumble Bug. When I go back there next time, I will have a chat with the Management about what is happening with the HUSS rides.When I was there back on July 3rd. When you get up to the Tumble Bug. It is all blocked out by fencing. I did record it all blocked up, but I can't upload it to Parkz. It seems like they are going to replace it with something. Sadly, if it gets removed, I would of never gotten to ride it. As I get sick even by a little kids teacup ride! Nor the Spider or the Tumble Bug. When I go back there next time, I will have a chat with the Management about what is happening with the HUSS rides.

What I could possibly see as new rides replacing the HUSS Rides are:  A new Eurofigther Roller Coaster called Big Dipper where Tumble Bug is. But I see it as unlikely, mainly because of COVID and Height and Noise Restrictions. An Tornado Flat Ride might be a good idea as it fits in with the themeing of Luna Park. With Tornado where the Spider is right now, then an Condor Flat ride (if noise and height restrictions meet) where Moon Ranger is right now, then have a permanent version of Pirates Revenge and Mystery Manor at their former locations as they are so popular. It is also possible to add a Junior Coaster where the Spider and Moon Ranger is, as I have already mention before here in Parkz. 

54 minutes ago, Gazza said:

I really doubt that champ.

https://whc.unesco.org/en/statesparties/au

World Heritage Site - Wikipedia

•  

If the Sydney Harbour Bridge is not on the World Heritage Listed Site. The Roter would not be even close. But, it is NSW State Heritage Listed with The Face, Midway, Coney Island, Wild Mouse, Crystal Palace, The Cliff Edge (at the right side of the park from the Face), and The Fig Trees (on top of The Cliff Edge). So they can't remove it.

When I was there back on July 3rd. When you get up to the Tumble Bug. It is all blocked out by fencing. I did record it all blocked up, but I can't upload it to Parkz. It seems like they are going to replace it with something. Sadly, if it gets removed, I would of never gotten to ride it. As I get sick even by a little kids teacup ride! Nor the Spider or the Tumble Bug. When I go back there next time, I will have a chat with the Management about what is happening with the HUSS rides.

If they do replace them, these are MY IDEAS.... Have a Eurofighter Coaster called the Big Dipper where Tumble Bug is. Have new flat (or mostly new) flat rides where the Spider and the Moon Ranger is right now, there is endless choices (but I would prefer it to be a permanent ride rather than a Joylands ride like they did to the kids ride). A more permanent version of Pirates Revenge and Mystery Manor at their old places, as they were so popular. Another option is to add a Junior Roller Coaster. Something as simple as the new one at Legoland Windsor, or as complex as the one at Gumbuya World. And it is possible for expansion of the park for new rides and moving some rides in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

When I was there back on July 3rd. When you get up to the Tumble Bug. It is all blocked out by fencing. I did record it all blocked up, but I can't upload it to Parkz. It seems like they are going to replace it with something. Sadly, if it gets removed, I would of never gotten to ride it. As I get sick even by a little kids teacup ride! Nor the Spider or the Tumble Bug. When I go back there next time, I will have a chat with the Management about what is happening with the HUSS rides.

Did you see anything happening at the Ranger?

As for what is happening theyve planned to pull these rides for a number of years now as the 25+ years worth of sea air has meant that they have been reaching the end of their service life. When they got rid of Flying Saucer a few years back it was obvious that the other rides were on the way out. I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed the final knell for Tumble Bug and Ranger.

Edited by Baconjack

2 hours ago, Baconjack said:

Did you see anything happening at the Ranger?

As for what is happening theyve planned to pull these rides for a number of years now as the 25+ years worth of sea air has meant that they have been reaching the end of their service life. When they got rid of Flying Saucer a few years back it was obvious that the other rides were on the way out. I wouldn't be surprised if this was indeed the final knell for Tumble Bug and Ranger.

It was just there, standing but not operating. Both rides had nobody doing anything to them. Tumble Bug had the green fence up, and you could only go as far as the top of the Big Dipper Staircase. And then the Ranger I assumed it was under maintainace, as sometimes the Moon Ranger can be closed for months to be maintained. I assume that is the most likely case that is happening. But I will mention it to the Management when I next see them.

• Like 1

The Huss rides are much older than some might know. With the Ranger & breakdance coming from expo 88 along with Tumble bug.

Bug is super old and technically a nightmare. Its a solid flat ride but its days have been numbered for a while. Ranger & breakdance are the same. These rides are not designed to be set up permanently the way they have been. Sea air affects everything. If this is the case why is the Ferris wheel not being replaced also?.

Surface rust etc is not the reason for these rides going (Ranger & Bug). Availability of spare parts that's the big time issue here. To use a third party to manufacture any parts cost so much money that you have to wonder as a business if its worth it anymore.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, StingRay said:

If this is the case why is the Ferris wheel not being replaced also?

The Ferris Wheel is in pretty good mechanical nick, and unlike the Huss rides, was actually built as a permanent installation for the park, so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb as most of the Huss rides do. 

15 hours ago, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Is power surge set to be a semi-permanent attraction? I know LP's brought it in during school holidays but I thought they brought in Sizzler this winter?

I suspect both rides will be hanging around for a while, seeing as Joylands aren’t running any carnivals at the moment. I was told Power Surge was closed due to not being able to follow COVID restrictions, but I assume it’s waiting on a spare part or something until it can operate. 

1 hour ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

The Ferris Wheel is in pretty good mechanical nick, and unlike the Huss rides, was actually built as a permanent installation for the park, so it doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb as most of the Huss rides do. 

I suspect both rides will be hanging around for a while, seeing as Joylands aren’t running any carnivals at the moment. I was told Power Surge was closed due to not being able to follow COVID restrictions, but I assume it’s waiting on a spare part or something until it can operate. 

I was being sarcastic about the Ferris wheel. But metal is metal, right? Or maybe the white paint hides things we don't see. Also, the Ferris wheel has been onsite since the '80s. So to kinda say its the only ride that gets the best treatment ain't fair. All the rides are looked after in the best possible way.

Power surge cant follows the COVID restrictions?. Id assumes its something to do with not having the right operator for it. Joyland's staff usually operate there rides and LPS staff attend them.

Im not saying it’s the ride that’s gotten the best treatment, all the Huss rides have been looked after fantastically from a mechanical standpoint to try and keep them running as long as possible. But just looking at them visually, you can see that the Ferris Wheel has been looked after much better. New paint, lighting, etc whereas all the others have looked tired for years. Plus, a Ferris Wheel from a pretty reputable Australian manufacturer is going to be much easier to maintain than complicated Huss rides, most of which have multiple drives, etc.

44 minutes ago, Wil_i_am_not said:

Im not saying it’s the ride that’s gotten the best treatment, all the Huss rides have been looked after fantastically from a mechanical standpoint to try and keep them running as long as possible. But just looking at them visually, you can see that the Ferris Wheel has been looked after much better. New paint, lighting, etc whereas all the others have looked tired for years. Plus, a Ferris Wheel from a pretty reputable Australian manufacturer is going to be much easier to maintain than complicated Huss rides, most of which have multiple drives, etc.

Well, you just stated pretty much the Ferris wheel gets the best treatment. Id love to know the source. It got a new lighting package to assist with VIVID a while back plus the LED lights are cheaper to run than the conventional "bulb" lights the Ferris wheel used to run. Many people also used to try and undo the light fittings resulting in injuries. but foremost the fact the failures that used to occur would make the wheel, crystal palace, the face and coney island look rather ugly. Hence the LED upgrade.

The other HUSS rides have also been looked after. Fibreglass gets repaired. Structural repairs undertook etc. 

Even tho the Ferris wheel is built by an Australian company the Ferris wheel does also not go through the stresses and strains of the HUSS rides. So, of course, it is not rocket science to maintain almost. 

But those complicated HUSS rides actually get work of a workout meaning they do go down for maintenance a lot more. Thus the working life has been long and as stated before spare parts are becoming super rare mainly for the Trokia and Ranger.

Most rides are complicated mechanically anyway. From a kiddy Ferris wheel right up to a HUSS Ranger.  

On 29/07/2020 at 5:18 PM, BringADecentParkToSydney said:

Is power surge set to be a semi-permanent attraction? I know LP's brought it in during school holidays but I thought they brought in Sizzler this winter?

Rockin Tug, Sizzler, and Power Surge have been placed at Maloney's Corner for the School Holidays, it is quite regular to have temporarily rides in place for the School Holidays. Once Luna Park have finished "renting" these rides, they will go back to Joylands and be used by another customer, like a School Fair. Rides like Mystery Manor and Pirates Revenge were temporarily rides. There has also been Body Rock, Fantasy Flyer, Freak Out, Speed, Hurricane, and more! Also Joylands now do the Children Rides in a semi permanent state. Joyland Staff also wear the LPS Uniform when they are operating them them.

8 minutes ago, Coasterlife said:

It seems as though the moon ranger might be staying because it is on the maintenance schedule unlike the tumble bug it is completely removed from the site

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 9.00.24 pm.png

Who told you that it is getting removed? There has been no evidence from anybody at Luna Park Sydney that it is going to be removed from what I am aware of. And as you can see there that the website says that it is having some work done to it. It is very normal for the HUSS Rides to be closed down for many weeks, sometimes months do have a refurb.

1 hour ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Who told you that it is getting removed? There has been no evidence from anybody at Luna Park Sydney that it is going to be removed from what I am aware of. And as you can see there that the website says that it is having some work done to it. It is very normal for the HUSS Rides to be closed down for many weeks, sometimes months do have a refurb.

I must be that retarded not to notice that the tumblebug was on the scheduled closures 😂 my bad

GUYS FORGET I EVER POSTED THAT😂

Edited by Coasterlife

With the Ranger, it was up for sale a few years ago. While no official announcement has been made it is rather old now. Remember when the UFO went. I just suddenly shut for a short time then vanished.

We will see the same with Ranger.

Edited by StingRay
Spelling and added qoute when not required
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

I said tumble bug was completely removed from the site but I was blind and did not see that it was below moon ranger on the scheduled closures list

Oh right thanks for reminding me 😀🤣😂😅 

lols I first commented indicating that I had forgotten because you told us to forget.

Edited by TomiJ

Can I address the elephant in the room here...

Why aren't they building a crazy-good compact coaster on site, building a few modern thrill rides that leverage the site's position really well (a Sky Roller would go bonza against the water's edge - https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/produkte/rundfahrgeschaefte/sky-roller/ ) and just going ham with F&B?

I just don't get it, they seem to be dragging their feet on some old, end of service life rides and squandering what would have to be Australia's most well-placed amusement park. It should print money every day of the year.

Edited by Slick
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Slick said:

Can I address the elephant in the room here...

Why aren't they building a crazy-good compact coaster on site, building a few modern thrill rides that leverage the site's position really well (a Sky Roller would go bonza against the water's edge - https://www.gerstlauer-rides.de/produkte/rundfahrgeschaefte/sky-roller/ ) and just going ham with F&B?

I just don't get it, they seem to be dragging their feet on some old, end of service life rides and squandering what would have to be Australia's most well-placed amusement park. It should print money every day of the year.

Lots and lots of red tape and planning shit has to go through.

Thats probably the only reason why this park has sat on its hand and nothing has progressed. It is a seemingly endless battle that has no winner. From what I've seen LPS try to procur, I can say they have tried but too often this doesn't see the light of day.

When you have picky rich neighbours that have a pretty extensive history of having a sook every single time a new ride gets installed or announced it should be no surprise that things have slowed. Its been the plan for nearly 10 years to give the whole park a facelift and all thats happened since then is a like for like ride replacement, a few building fixture changes and a Wave Swinger that opened 2 years after initially planned. If we were at the pace management wanted everything would have been replaced by now.

Edited by Baconjack

But is it that? Or is it the owners are always looking for the cheapest possible option for adding rides?

The red tape thing should be done and dusted now that the government has pretty much told the residents to F off.

Edited by rappa