Dreamworld pleads guilty over Thunder River Rapids accident

Parkz News

I have never been to Dreamworld before, But I am really worried that Dreamworld will go just like what Wonderland did. If you have a look in the past 5 years, most of Gold Rush Country is gone, there were 2 severe accidents 5 months apart of each other, there are security problems when six kids burnt down the Big Brother House (maybe because of the naked showers and other weird stuff they do), they have closed down almost all the log flumes there, all of the Play School Art Room has been removed from the website and is closed, and Wipeout and Tower Of Terror II are gone. It is quite clear for the past 5 years that Ardent Leisure has neglected the park, causing incidents and deaths from this. Dreamworld is now a shell of itself from only 10 years ago. And this is because of the neglect. It is time for somebody who is more competent to take over the parks operation. Or Dreamworld will just become another Wonderland.

Are we talking the park where the CEO was brought in for his skills at preparing businesses for sale, and gets a large bonus if the place is sold for a certain amount? DW is absolutely for sale, and it's not exactly a secret in financial circles. Problem is it's hard to get a good price for a park that's losing money so bless they've been trying to turn it around so they can sell it as a theme park.

So yeah, the article was right already, thanks.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

there are security problems when six kids burnt down the Big Brother House (maybe because of the naked showers and other weird stuff they do)

Huh?

the BB house was not on Dreamworld property, it was on QIC property.

and naked showers? No idea what you are on about 

• Like 1

On 29/07/2020 at 12:59 PM, Brad2912 said:

Huh?

the BB house was not on Dreamworld property, it was on QIC property.

and naked showers? No idea what you are on about 

This is the source that I got about the BB house fire: https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/queensland/big-brother-narrator-says-fire-really-sad-for-australians-to-see-20190622-p520ay.html

And it is something my parents told me about why not to watch Big Brother. I quote "You should not watch big brother as they do naked showers on the TV, and that Big Brother tells them what to do all the time. When to eat, when to sleep, when to go to the toilet. So, we don't want you watching it."

16 hours ago, Zac Beckwith said:

and swimming goggles

I used to do that.

2 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

And it is something my parents told me about why not to watch Big Brother. I quote "You should not watch big brother as they do naked showers on the TV, and that Big Brother tells them what to do all the time. When to eat, when to sleep, when to go to the toilet. So, we don't want you watching it."

Why do you have to what your parents say once  you are an adult? Particularly for something as minor as choosing what TV shows you want to watch?

4 hours ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Right....

1. everyone shows naked. It isn’t shown on prime time tv. There was, over a decade ago, an up late version of the show, but that hasn’t existed in the time you’ve been alive by the sounds of it. 

2. they are not told when to eat, when to go to the toilet, but they are in a game, so they play by the rules of the game. 

3. your parents give shit advice that isn’t factual, remember that as you get older and make your own opinions.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Prequel said:

How does a topic on Ardent Leisure admitting guilt for the deaths of four people, turn into a discussion about showering naked, Big Brother and shitty parent advice.

May the world never know. 

I got an idea! How about we move on from this mess as people actually died from this. I believe that this conversation has become too inappropriate for the topic at hand.

3 hours ago, Gazza said:

Mate you were the one that suggested the silly idea that teenagers burnt the house down out of revenge for people showering naked!

It was a joke about that "silly idea that teenagers burnt the house down out of revenge for people showering naked"! It was never meant to be serious.