Dreamworld pleads guilty over Thunder River Rapids accident

Parkz News

On 08/08/2020 at 2:38 PM, joz said:

Right after they sacked a heap of people lol

The Airlines were handed, 1.4 billion and let 10's of thousands go... and that was a bail out, not a loan. Your issue with Ardent keeps fogging your view of the bigger picture. They are vital to the long term recovery of an entire tourism, accommodation and leisure industry on the Gold Coast. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Pyro said:

The Airlines were handed, 1.4 billion and let 10's of thousands go... and that was a bail out, not a loan. Your issue with Ardent keeps fogging your view of the bigger picture. They are vital to the long term recovery of an entire tourism, accommodation and leisure industry on the Gold Coast. 

Airlines weren't handed cash, they where handed discounts on landing fees etc - which when you aren't flying planes doesn't mean much.

Virgin Aus asked for $1.4 billion and got told to go away. Alan Joyce made fun of them as Qantas was ok, then a few months later started sticking his hand out too. Virgin Aus got $200 mil from the Qld Government to stay in Qld.

They technically were handed cash - it was in the form of refunds of fees that were already paid

The measures will be backdated to 1 February, resulting in an estimated reimbursement of $159 million for applicable charges already paid by domestic airlines.

Divided up roughly between the two major carriers, that's still $80 million each back on the balance sheet.

8 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Airlines weren't handed cash, they where handed discounts on landing fees etc - which when you aren't flying planes doesn't mean much.

Virgin Aus asked for $1.4 billion and got told to go away. Alan Joyce made fun of them as Qantas was ok, then a few months later started sticking his hand out too. Virgin Aus got $200 mil from the Qld Government to stay in Qld.

March 18- https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/03/australian-government-announces-715m-bailout-for-airlines/

April 11- https://www.afr.com/street-talk/sydney-airport-asks-shareholders-to-chip-into-pandemic-plan-20200810-p55k4x

April 17- https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/04/government-unveils-new-165m-domestic-bailout-virgin-staff-return/

That was in 30 days. Yes they have discounted landing fees, but the lump sum handed out is now over a billion dollars. Not to mention the investment into new runways, tax relief (handout). The airlines have also been propped up durring the GFC, Qantas downturn and countless other issues. My point that is when something is struggling and its in the national or state interest to keep it going, to keep and economy from crashing, its prudent to do things like this. Ardent is Dreamworld and the money has been targeted to Dreamworld because with out our major parks, consumer confidence in the Gold Coast diminishes and that is where the GC suffers.

Also Virgin knew they would not get a bail out, it was all smoke and mirrors to find a buyer, and they did. 

I know you expect a response from me because of who that is aimed at Joz, but that is far from the truth at what you are alluding to. I think you have your wires crossed and dare say are being fed incorrect info.

Regardless, I personally love vanilla ice cream and liquorice. Japanese Ice cream makes our ice cream look like shit.

5 hours ago, joz said:

I agree not everyone needs to like vanilla ice cream, but there's a little cluster of people who seem to think vanilla ice cream is dogshit ice cream and anyone who isn't denouncing is biased, while meanwhile pledging an almost religious devotion to Licorice ice cream, which they also used to hate so much that they made a Facebook page to point out how crappy it is. That changed suddenly when someone from the Licorice ice cream company brought them in and said 'we're trying to improve the flavour, honest' (and I'm sure that person is). They then start trying to start a Facebook war with managers of the vanilla ice cream makers, got called out, and instead of pulling their heads in  resorted to making snide comments at every opportunity when the vanilla ice cream makers do ANYTHING.

Meanwhile rappa says 'I don't like licorice ice cream and here's why' and people lose their minds.

Personally I don't much like licorice ice cream and vanilla ice cream can be a but bland and boring, but in my opinion vanilla ice cream is in  balance the better of the 2 if you must compare them. If the Licorice ice cream company actually improves the flavor like apparently they trying to, I'd be delighted that they'd confounded expectations and made something good. Until then I haven't really seen anything that makes me change my view on them.

Bahahahahaha. Oh boy, we got called out? When? For what? Also, no the reason we keep making fun Jabs at "Vanilla management" is because of their history of being an unwarranted dick trying to sue/threaten people for calling them on their shit. 

Liquorice: Hey, we are trying to improve the flavour, have you guys, who like the flavour, got any ideas on how to improve it? 
Rappa: Hey, fuck you, why didn't you do this years ago? 
Liquorice: Well, yeah, we only just got here? Takes more than 5 minutes. As you can see, we've already secured one chunk of our future. 
Rappa: Yeah well fuck you for trying. 

Vanilla: Hey, we're selling the place, we are actively denying a pandemic and then attacking people who say otherwise, oh and we're open but nothing inside is open, give us money. 
Rappa: Oh man, you're a world class industry ice cream factory that produces ice cream made from the Queens personal vanilla beans. I can't wait to suckle on your sweet sweet ice cream. 

Just gets a little annoying when nothing good can be said about DW without it being "biased" Whereas Village could attack the government demanding they be allowed open so they can make that extra dollar on the sale and everyone ignores the fact that they are literally putting their profits before people. Isn't that why everyone is so salty about the park up the road? 

Anyway, the whole forum is a biased clusterfuck, what else is new? It's not like anyone here is actively denying being biased about certain parks. It's also definitely not secret that the bias around here has a correlation with employment, how the park treats you, where you get your secret info from, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love it! 2