New Ride Coming???

thunder001

dreamworld has rides (plural notice) in the pipeline for the old thunderbolt area i know that, next time i see the Movieworld sales rep at work ill try and get some info out of them. i know for this year there is no new rides they advised us that they will be "upgrading" and focusing on older rides. dont know when they will be around next but i do have an email of the sales rep ;)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I don't know about that being sure as a representative from SkyReach has informed me that Dreamworld has taken out a big loan (figures starting from 12 mil. onwards apparently) and are signing new deals about the future of the park. If you have a look at rides overseas similar to the one that we have at Dreamworld, we are having a lot of BIG AND TALL ideas coming into the light and plus the BB site is looking like it will be a very hot spot for new attractions over the coming years. I guess i can't hand you a neat little package about what's happening, but now that Coates Hire are never touching Macquarie ever again, I will be able to get alot more information before the media even touches it (THANK YOU REPTAR!)

Well I'm sure many will have read what's been posted at AAF and if not soon will. It would appear all has been revealed with what we're getting for MW. However let me point out one fatal flaw with the RUMOUR...that particular ride is designed and built by Disney in house. Any use of it would require either Disney being the manufacturer or WBMW simply 'pirating' the design... A)Disney won't come and build a ride in a Warner park and if they did there is no way we could afford it... B)Should they decide to STEAL the ride they will get hit with such a lawsuit they might as well close the doors tomorrow... So either the park is a thief or we can all keep on guesing :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Heard some more info on the new ride and it is all sounding good. I don't want to post it yet as I am waiting for conformation from a few ppl about certain things. Let's say this as a RUMOR only, but there might be a good reason that some reps from Disney were visiting WBMW over the last couple of months. Sounds like a deal may have been reached. Still only a rumor at this stage.

• 2 months later...

coaster crazee, just warning you now to spell the normal way as you will get in trouble for spelling in chat shorthand, and anyway, the community guidelines say that you have to spell correctly, and by becoming a member you agreed to the terms and conditions to do that. But anyway, welcome aboard. So is there anymore news on the new ride, are we going to be soaring over a fishbowl with smells being pumped in in a few months time?

This might be completely aside from the possible new ride coming into WBMW or it may not..., but in my recent travels to MW, i noticed that behind all of the sound stages, there was a lot of concrete footings, cranes etc around. this was most easily seen from the queueline of Mountain River and Mountain Falls of WnW. can anyone shed any light as to what is going on in this area behind the soundstages? does it have anything to do with a new attraction? is it something being done for filming a showmovie? whats going on down there?

Without really knowing what you saw, I'd say it'd be one of 3 things: Its most likley related to the relocation of Paradise Country. Warner Village tool over Paradise Country a year or two back. Warner Village got all the facilites, Animal Stock, Permits and trade marks. What they didn't get was the land. The land is owned by the church, and will be sold to make way for sub division (last I heard). Paradise Country was relocated to behind Movieworld in June. It also could have been the reconstruction of the Studio, that burnt down a few months back. The third (and by far the least likley) is that it was the early work for the Outback Experience, a new $20million dinner show. I don't think they're anywhere near starting building that, though I have been wrong in the past.

I've honestly not heard anything about the Outback Experience in a long time. It was always most assureadly two projects which were supposed to complement each other. Wether or not they are going ahead with the Outback Experience remains to be seen, though its been at varying stages in the pipeline for at least 10 years now. Goboi: If attendance at Movieworld is down, it is offset by an increase in attendance at Seaworld and Wet 'n' WIld.

I agree.MW has excellent theming,great rides(although not that many)and a good park layout,but a new attraction is in order.Maybe a flyer,but they already have an inverted coaster,and the feeling of a flyer would be too similar to that.I wouldn't like them putting in a sit down,well not another one,RR and SDSC have taken that position well.Either a stand up or a suspended,theme on one of their movies.

Scott: Alton Towers have a flyer and an Invert, and when I was there it didn't cross my mind that the rides were similar. I'll assume its the same at other parks with flyers. With regards to Movieworld's new attraction, I have it on good authority that the park is looking (and has the budget) to add a new "Teen Market" ride for next year. Not sure what exactly it is, but I can say that what you might have read on a different forum is wrong.

Flyers are not suspended all the time, what about the lie sections of the ride, you are just trying to be to utopian with your ride choices, if the rides are so similar then why are they seperate products? why do all the SF parks, and AT have inverts too? Eureka and Cyclone both run above the track, but I never heard you whinge about them being to similar. I never heard anyone complain that WL had two woodies.

Just to get back onto talking bout the New Ride supposed to hit Movie World soon, i reckon as a Big Massive Tribute to Christopher Reeve, they shout theme it appropriatly to Superman. Thus having a ride like John Wardly's Design of Air at Alton Towers. Giving Guests the opportunity to be able to Fly like Superman.

that is actually a BRILLIANT idea paul. that sounds exactly the kind of thing they should do... a Christopher Reeve tribute to Superman... the B&M Superman Flyer. a lot of people on here can't shut up about them. I would pay WBMW to build one, just to shut them all up... also so WBMW would get the "first in australia" record, and shut up all the DW supporters too. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway