New Ride Coming???

thunder001

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A coaster is something that is fully connected to the track by guide wheels (the things with the circle round it in the photo).   Anything else that doesn't have these is not a coaster.
i beg to differ slick. toboggan style coasters are not connected to the track but are still coasters. i think if asked to define it, i would say it were a vehicle that follows a track that is not mechanically propelled for the entire journey. eg: it requires an initial application of energy, to give it enough speed or energy to make its way through the rest of the track and back to the station. i see a million corrections coming on from others who disagree, but thats how i would describe a roller coaster.

My definition of a roller coaster is a ride used for amusment purposes that has a track or other sort of course (eg tobbogan trough) that fits the stereotype of a rollercoaster and is made by a rollercoaster manufacturer. There is no one definition that fits all, because not all coasters are gravity fed (like the Zamperla dragon) and coasters come in many forms. One thing i belive it must have is variations in the tracks angle on any axis, it does not have to have turns, but variations in the grade are important, so that rules out people trying to define a drop ride as a coaster.

• 2 weeks later...

What else can you tell us?Will it be well themed? High capacity? Considering the rest of Movie Worlds rides it should be. Sory,I guess you can't answer those questions anyway.It's good to Movie World step in and put in a big thrill ride,because this should stir up some competition between MW and DW.

^No Because if the Parks see news has been leaked even if its from a unknown person, It recks it for future rides as parks may stop supporting websites then there will be no photos. All im saying is if you love America because of its parks you will love Australia by the end of 2005, As all 4 parks will be doing big things. And trust me it will give you guys time to get ready for the announcements as they will blow you away. And personally I run my Website ozcoaster as a place to promote our great part of the world to the rest of the world and have fun, Im not really into the rumor stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

okies, seeing as no one else is giving info ill let u know what i found out today from my dreamworld source, who also knows many at movie world. The roumour is...movieworld will be getting a top hat roller coaters. no set details e.g (excellarator height or top thrill dragster height or even design, but will have top hat.) This is only a rumour, however the info i get from my friend so far has always been true.