New Ride Coming???

thunder001

I went to the park yesterday and after speaking to some ppl in the park, I had heard a rumor about a new attraction. No one would say what it is or where it would be going, just that it would be here by the end of next year. Have to speak to Rabid as I have not spoken to him about this yet, so it could just be a rumor like the others. Only time will tell. Any thoughts?? Ok..spoke to Rabid and it is confirmed for September 2005 and will rock your world ppl. Start guessing. :eek:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it wont be a kids ride, since that wont rock our world, and it wont be an adventure ride since that wont really rock unless its a disney standard one, so im guessing its a thrill ride, in which MW is lacking. Is it a B&M? I hope it is. Or maybe a hyper, that would rock. I dont think it will be a flat because they are cool, but not that cool. Come on Rabid, give us a better clue, maybe one better than what Obstructure was giving us. :D Ah well, Ill wait, Maybe MW has been saving money by putting in cheaper attractions like OME. If they could spend $15 million on a wild mouse, Its pretty certain they could spend double that on a multi looper.

Well I'm not buying into any of this crap until it IS announced as I've heard rumours from far too many people on here that were absolute rubbish... I will say though that what they should be looking at is either a flyer (themed as I have said before) of a big kick arse Woodie...country really needs a good one of these, never have had one before :-)

posted by djrappa Well I'm not buying into any of this crap until it IS announced as I've heard rumours from far too many people on here that were absolute rubbish... I will say though that what they should be looking at is either a flyer (themed as I have said before) of a big kick arse Woodie...country really needs a good one of these, never have had one before :-) thats your choice but remember if I cant say then its pretty much a done deal because im not allow to say crap as i vaule my job too much P.S Joz knows its real as he works at the parks and he rang me last night. So just wait for the public announcement

Is the ride something Australia already has? Surley you can answer that without getting in trouble. It makes me wonder why parks are so tight lipped about new rides, they think we will hold off a visit if we know what a new ride is, what its name is etc, but even if I dont know anything about it I will still hold off visiting, so they are not achieving anything.

It makes me wonder why parks are so tight lipped about new rides
I have a feeing that Parks are so Tight Lipped about new rides is because what if the deal falls through and then they will be blamed for false advertising. But yes Gazza i totally agree with you. You would at least think Dreamworld would have announced the GYRO to the Public by now. They can't be blammed for false advertising if the ride deal falls through because the constructions started and the ride parts have arrived.

Most of the non-disclosure policies park staff have, and the tight-lipped nature that management will have until official releases are made are due to ASX guidelines. In short, by listing in the Austrlalian Stock Exchange, as Dreamworld, Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild are through their respective parent companies, they must abide by the ASX Market Rules. Leaking of information prior to official announcements is generally seen as detrimental to the company's share prices, and can obviously affect competitors actions. A company cannot willingly or knowingly take any actions that cause a negative effect on share prices. This would be a case if park employees (be they ride attendants, or even management) were to prematurely release information prior to an official announcement date. There has to be a balance between a suitable length of time for adequate marketing of new attractions, and leaving it close enough to opening date to have no adverse effects on the share price. And regarding this alleged new ride for Movie World, don't worry - I'm sure if all goes well it'll be soaring before you know it.

Oh I see, but could the descussion amoungst a handful of people on a small forum really do much damage? Ah well, I guess we will have to wait.

I'm sure if all goes well it'll be soaring before you know it.
Was that deliberate, is it a flying coaster? I have to wonder though, I was bored during the holidays so I filled out the feedback form on the website saying they could put in more intense style rides, and I put in a couple of links to key rides (Superman and Batman naturaly :)) at WBMW Madrid and said they should take a leaf out of their book. I wonder if my feedback influenced the decison? Probably not but it would be cool if managment listened to feedback properly.

In my theme park experience (whether the park is listed on the stock exxhange or not) the main reason for not giving away info too soon is, as Richard said, mostly for competitive reasons. If a rival park finds out about another parks upcoming attraction well in advance, they may have time to create a similar or even better attraction. This sounds simple but it is pretty accurate. In saying this though I do think there needs to be more insider info revealed on these forums. Most of the overseas park forums are filled with inside info and rumours. Then again, I'm sure we'd all prefer 100% accurate info over dodgy rumours

^thats cool dude. I see on other sites this news is breaking too, so must be other staff out there mention it. Anyway trust me this may be Australia's biggest theme park attraction to date beside the combo of TOT/GD. And if you dont live up here you will want to visit next september for sure. I just hope when this news reaches Dreamworld they can give us something big for xmas next year.