New Ride Coming???

thunder001

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see your point Richard at all with the thought being "downright ridiculous and insulting". In our little section of the world, done correctly, this could be a great tribute to a person who inspired at lot of ppl around the world to try to be better towards each other. Of course it would have to be done as a tribute to his life, with a walk through of the achivements in his life, with the final worlds being that you can now fly like he did in his movies. But as I said, it would have to be done correctly or it would just be to cheesy to ride on.

I have to agree with Richard on this one. It is insulting to the memory of this truly great man to waste $15 or $20 million on a ride. A better tribute would be to spend that money on research into stem cells. With that kind of money the scientists will be well on their way to solving a huge problem in the world. Wouldn't that be a more fitting tribute? While on the subject or stem cells, I think that governments around the world are very narrow minded by not allowing the use of this invaluable human product. "The Bus is now leaving for Cumberland College Of Health Sciences, NSW"

Christopher Reeve will always be remembered through his ten years of work in raising awareness of paralysis. He will be remembered for his determination to walk again. Wearing a bad costume over 20 years ago is the last thing he should be remembered for. It would be one thing to put up some sort of sign documenting the evolution of Superman on-screen, including all the actors that have played the character from George Reeves right up to whoever they get for the 2006 movie. That's really the most you could realistically want or expect from a theme park, no less one that has no real connections to Reeve.

this is me guessing right here at the theme for next year so there is no truth to what I about to say about the theme. But if I was building a thrill ride next year which the park is doing, I would theme it along the lines of the second biggest film to come out in 2005 after of course Revenge of the Sith and that movie would be BATMAN. And dont worry this movie starts from scratch and is written, direct and staring new great people and will have nothing to do with the original movies that went down hill fast in the 90s, trust me this new look at Batman will be worth the $13 bucks. anyway thats what my money is on for the theme.

So alex, with all the footers you saw. how were they arranged? were there lots of little ones like on a coaster, or were there big flat ones like for buildings, or a few large ones like a flat ride.
this was actually in a block of sound stages. the one on the corner of the block was a concrete slab, the slab was raised above street level. at one end was a corrugated steel structure about ten metres square and probably about 15 metres high. in front of it were a few (5 x 5 square or so) square concrete footers that came up off the slab by about a metre. the rest of the slab (say 20metres by 20 metres or so) was flat. it definitely wasn't, but it LOOKED like a theatre setting - the corrugated area was a stage, the footers were the seats... thats kinda how it looked. it couldn't be, because its too small, but its profile was definitely of that look.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, interesting you guys mentioned A Superman themed coaster - the original plan for LW was in fact to be themed to Superman - Years ago, a survey was put out to park guests (with artwork) to suggest what kind of attractions they'd like to see in the place next - Options were *Neverending Story Rapid Ride" (based off the success of Germany's) *Looney Tune Village & *Superman Inverted Coaster - Instead we got Lethal Weapon, Looney Tune Village & WWW! Interesting how the original ideas have not really changed their future plans. Expect that the Park's next big thing WILL be a thrill ride to keep it in competition with DW. A Coaster is most likely but a new Flat ride is not entirely out of the question either I'm sure!