themagician

Sea World Spooky Nights

21 posts in this topic

To be fair anything would have to be better than Carnivale at Sea World.
That was the biggest massacre of what was a great event at Movie World ever. 

Hopefully this is the ground up tailor made event Sea World needs.  

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Park Addict 93 said:

seems a bit pricy when the equivalent event was $29 at DW last year.

How do you know it is an equivalent event when the first event hasn't even happened yet?

Dreamworld to my knowledge hasn't included these types of events as inclusions in annual passes - so the lower entry ticket may eventuate to be more profitable, since passholders pay extra too. On the flip side, Village includes all the night events in their passes, which cost a bit more, but nowhere near the gate price of those events, but since you've got a bunch of people that will almost certainly attend because its 'no extra cost' you probably want to make a bit more of any non-passholders that want to come along, as well as reduce demand by asking a higher price, right?

50 minutes ago, AlexB said:

How do you know it is an equivalent event when the first event hasn't even happened yet?

To be pedantic, an equivalent event in terms of theme (family friendly halloween) and target market. I look forward to more details of SW's event being released along with DW's plans for this year.

Dreamworld to my knowledge hasn't included these types of events as inclusions in annual passes - so the lower entry ticket may eventuate to be more profitable, since passholders pay extra too. 

Dreamworld did include 1 Happy Halloween event for all existing pass holders, and currently are advertising it as an inclusion for new pass holders. Same as Village.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Park Addict 93 said:

seems a bit pricy when the equivalent event was $29 at DW last year.

Perhaps its more expensive so they can do something better that this effort!

73372374_2485494348171787_233925088833961984_n.jpg

• Haha 3

Well same manager for both projects yeah so sounds accurate.

But the only install I’ve seen as dodgy as that in Scooby is the one for the on ride photo so 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by rappa

https://seaworld.com.au/spooky-nights

Full event details and tickets are now on sale.

Members get half price tickets rather than one free with One Pass, pretty clear now they expect members to move to One Pass if they want current offers.

slightly of topic, those with the $12 membership that includes FN have they offered anything in lieu.

Edited by Park Addict 93

That’s a joke. Once again members are getting screwed over.

we don’t get a discount for missing out on our free fright nights ticket. And a minimum a spooky nights ticket should be provided in lieu. 

why sell a product titled “premium” and then give it substandard inclusions. 

• Like 1

It was premium when it first launched sure, but now it’s actually cheaper than a One Pass.

It is interesting that rather than just discontinuing them they are devaluing them.

If you want the current inclusions you have to move over I guess. Everyone is out of contract by now.

Edited by Park Addict 93
  • Fountain of Improbability 1

So if you have a membership, it means you’ve had it for a number of years, so loyalty means it should be valued slightly less. They can phase them out and transition people into pen passes if they wanted to get rid of them. 
removing value just serves to piss people off. 

• Like 1

Has anyone actually looked at what is on offer at this event? A bit underwhelming given most of the unique experiences are upcharges... Here's their list of attractions and experiences:

N - Normal experience available during the day

U - Upgraded normal experience - normal daytime experience with unique elements for the event

F - Free experience to all guests not normally available outside of the event

M - Mixed experience - free to wander but requires payment to participate

$ - Requires payment to participate (includes food items)

image.thumb.png.2db0dcbbfe1b44b37461bed13064d031.png

(*I realise midway games are a 'normal' daytime experience, however this package is sold as a single price for multiple games and is marketed as an experience)

Basically the sea monster invasion is the only 'free' experience that you can't get during the day. I also thought for a moment that only the kids rides were open, but Storm will be open - nothing like a water ride at night, right by the windy ocean!

To be fair just getting to experience the park at night is a unique experience for a lot of guests. Even Carnivale in the Summer barely has any night time with the longer days. 

Plus we don’t know what amount of ‘free’ theming and atmosphere there is to enjoy. 

• Like 3

I agree, i think we need to remember it's a bonus event while borders are shut, so VRTP might raise some extra cash which may be a good thing, i'm taking it for what it is, a bonus. My kids will enjoy getting a flashing sword basically.

• Like 4