Ardent Victim still waiting...

rappa

1 minute ago, Brad2912 said:

So a child, who refuses to speak to professionals or any family about the incident, will only be able to move on with her life once she receives monetary compensation?

what a load of rubbish. 

i am not for one second arguing that this girl doesn’t deserve compensation for losing her mother, she absolutely does, but she is a child and no money is going to bring back her mum or help her process what happened.

her family should be less focused on campaigning for her to get cash, and focus on her mental well being - if it’s true she has been internalising the events of the day for 4 years, and not spoken to anyone, that can be completely destructive for her long term quality or life. 

This is easily the most un-empathetic and heartless thing i've ever read on Parkz.

7 minutes ago, Retardent said:

This is easily the most un-empathetic and heartless thing i've ever read on Parkz.

1 minute ago, joz said:

Yeah what the hell kind of attitude is that? Normally agree with you man but I must admit I take the trolls side here

You’re Welcome to disagree with me.

As I stated, she deserves all the money in the world. Millions imo, but getting it will not help her move on from the situation. 

She needs professional support, the best available, and that should also be funded by Ardent, but that is all that will help her with the ability to cope and move on. 

9 minutes ago, joz said:

But if she's too traumatised to speak to someone she should get nothing. Got it.

He isn't saying that. He's implying that in the video the issue is that she won't speak to anyone or seek help but needs monetary compensation pushed forward. I think Brad is saying they should be more focused on helping her mentally than getting a payout faster. She isn't going to be more accepting of the incident once they pay her out, so although its reasonable for them to want the money, its not going to resolve the issue brought forward in the video. That's what I think is meant anyway.. The issue of her coming to accept what happened and to be able to speak about it isn't directly going to be solved by a payout.

Edited by Gold Coast Amusement Force
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, joz said:

But if she's too traumatised to speak to someone she should get nothing. Got it.

I didn’t say that.

i’m saying if she has been living in trauma without treatment for 4 years that is extremely concerning in terms of her Mental health & wellbeing. 

@Gold Coast Amusement Force glad you understand the point I am trying to make. 

32 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

So a child, who refuses to speak to professionals or any family about the incident, will only be able to move on with her life once she receives monetary compensation?

what a load of rubbish. 

i am not for one second arguing that this girl doesn’t deserve compensation for losing her mother, she absolutely does, but she is a child and no money is going to bring back her mum or help her process what happened.

her family should be less focused on campaigning for her to get cash, and focus on her mental well being - if it’s true she has been internalising the events of the day for 4 years, and not spoken to anyone, that can be completely destructive for her long term quality or life. 

You need to respect her decision to not talk about it, and not go and tell her that she's an baby that wants money! What in the world is wrong with you?!

I have an Disability and Mental Heath problems. And I personally decide to speak out about it. Even though I think it's not the best way to deal with this situation, and I think speaking out is there best way to your family, or doctors to start. I completely understand why she wants to do it. To get away from this horrible tragedy and put it in the past. But if I decide otherwise, you are going to call me an baby that wants money? I find it quite offensive and mean spirited what you have just said. 

9 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

I have an Disability and Mental Heath problems. And I personally decide to speak out about it. Even though I think it's not the best way to deal with this situation, and I think speaking out is there best way to your family, or doctors to start. I completely understand why she wants to do it. To get away from this horrible tragedy and put it in the past. But if I decide otherwise, you are going to call me an baby that wants money? I find it quite offensive and mean spirited what you have just said. 

Not to be rude, but comparing her situation to your situation doesn't make sense. Why would Brad call you a baby that wants money when in your scenario, you aren't getting a payout?

8 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

go and tell her that she's an baby that wants money! What in the world is wrong with you?!

I didn’t say that. At all. 

8 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

You need to respect her decision to not talk about it,

She is a child, she at this point doesn’t know what is best for her. That’s an adult/professionals decision to make.

10 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

But if I decide otherwise, you are going to call me an baby that wants money?

Once again I have never labelled anyone a baby. Nor have a said she just wants money. I doubt she has cognisance of the money situation.

11 minutes ago, AheadMatthewawsome said:

I find it quite offensive and mean spirited what you have just said. 

I find it offensive that you are putting words into my mouth that I didn’t type.

• Like 2

Have to remember too, its insurance companies and lawyers who will be dictating whats going on. Maybe not specifically ardent. 

I imagine the stalemate could be the lack of any resolution or progress with the psychologists etc. 

Legal people deal in absolutes and they want definition. If theres no discussion happening and no support being utilised, may struggle to have doctors put their names to any diagnosis and form any opinion on her welbeing which wont sit well with insurance companies. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 1

She should get help when she's ready. She should also be compensated. Ardent through their actions have linked the two, potentially causing more trauma. If she doesnt want, or is unable to talk about seeing her mum and 2 other family members being killed right in front of her, maybe respect that but still give her the compensation she's due? This shit isn't hard. Also she's 14. She knows what money is, don't treat her like an idiot.

• Like 4

She can get help whenever she wants, but if you dont co-operate with the requests for assessments, which requires you to engage with the health professionals they want to send you to, then this is what happens. They just let it drag along, doing the absolute minimum they should be doing so they can turn around in court and make it look like they have been doing all they can and the other party isnt responding or meeting all their requests. Anyone who has had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with an injury claim through workcover will tell you how terrible it is to deal with. Its entirely heartless with very little care for continuing damage caused by the process. 

People need to stop saying ardent ardent ardent and start by finding out who their insurance underwriter is for the public liability insurance which will be controlling everything. 

Edited by Levithian
  • Like 4

Actually no they don’t. 
Ardent at any time could just bypass all of this and voluntarily give her a payout. No lawyer, no insurance company. Actual cash. Maybe instead of building a roller coaster if need be. 

By being cheap asses and all about the dollar they horrifically killed 4 people. 
We are meant to accept they’ve changed and are no longer all about the dollar but this case really just shows it’s business as usual. 

Edited by rappa

They can give her money but that leaves them open to still being sued unless its all settled legally. 

Nobody does that. They go on legal advice and dont admit to anything unless they were told to. This is nothing new though honestly. It all becomes a numbers game and the whole situation stinks. 

They literally want a report that says this girl will have a diagnosis for the rest of her life so they can calculate what the impact on her earning ability will be, maybe throw a little in for anguish and suffering, then try to beat that figure down to the lowest point an agreement could be reached. 

Ardent said they would provide support for the recovery process and it honestly reads like they are, but that its not being utilised. 

Health assessments are fluid and can change rapidly, even if it wasnt an insurance company making you jump through even more hoops. 

If the other family members have settled with the company already, the best advice would seem to be to take some of the settlement money and engage a law firm on behalf of the girl and serve ardent and their insurers an notice of intent and have their whole team of PR staff run a negative publicity campaign that will make them wish they had of settled years ago for pretty much anything the family demanded. The law firm handles everything and ardent and the insurers are left to pickup their fees and associated costs in the judgement or any settlement. 

Playing devils advocate here a little... i would not be surprised if thats whats already happening. Surely there would have been plenty of offers to represent the family so they didnt have to go it alone legally. 

• Like 1

So the way I see this is a pretty bad situation. The poor girl witnessed something no one should. Heaven beholds if anyone on here has attended a major MVA with deaths. It is the kind of shit you never forget.

She does not want to open up. No one truly likes to open up about true emotions or feelings that shape us. But she could easily have seen child psychologist. It is better than being locked up in a room or something. So we are missing some details I believe about this story. Because its the same company that offered to counsel to anyone on that day. Emergency services workers and witnesses. Not many of the later I believe took up the offer tho.

No amount of money can ever bring anyone back. That's a simple life fact. Money its just paper and metal at the end of it all. Ardent seems adamant she is not entitled. Maybe a process was missed or something. Who knows. I doubt anyone here would know either.

Even tho I say money is not going to bring someone back it definitely helps with professional counselling and helps set her up for the future. She might have fallen bending educational etc. So that money would help her get to university or something along those lines.

Definitely a tricky one this is. 

There is a whole legal process that none of us are privileged to know about happening. There will be a significant amount of medical professionals, lawyers, regulators, work cover and many more parties involved. You are also take into account that this is not one law suit, but many. 

Don't speculate about feelings or whats write or wrong, its will be black and white, percentages and math that will dictate the outcome for this family. That's the way this works and that why lawyers get paid so much.

I hope she gets all the medical help she needs. 

Apologies Slick. 

Sorry all, what I meant to say in the first place was “Silly media always beating up on Ardent. They are just trying to make the park ok again, we should give them a go and applaud their efforts. Awesome management team in place there.”

Have a good weekend 👈LOL such a zinga 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

I didn’t say that. At all. 

She is a child, she at this point doesn’t know what is best for her. That’s an adult/professionals decision to make.

Once again I have never labelled anyone a baby. Nor have a said she just wants money. I doubt she has cognisance of the money situation.

I find it offensive that you are putting words into my mouth that I didn’t type.

Oh, I did not know that she was still an minor as they never mentioned it in the ABC News report. I thought that you meant that an grown woman is having an temper tantrum about money. I do apologize, it was just an misunderstanding.