Which former attraction do you miss the least?

Gazza

Are we specific to Australia?

Green Lantern : First Flight at SFMM for me is the best removal ever. I hated that thing.

Honestly, I had no love for the Sea World Pirate Ship. It filled a nice hole, that sadly the park hasn't really done anything to replace, but I had no love for it.

Likewise thrillseeker. For Sea World I prefer Ray Reef.

I enjoyed thunderbolt, but still no love lost.

I didn't really care when Sea Viper was removed. The iron cage restraints were extremely uncomfortable when compared to the old train and made the ride experience much worse.

When it happens though, it is definitely Arkham. Worst coaster on the coast as far as i'm concerned and was quite a brutal leg basher in its last years.

Sea Viper to me was a bit like an elderly relative with dementia. You love them, and you want them to be back to the way they were, but when the end comes it's almost a relief.

Least missed attraction for me by a big margin would be the Pirates Unleashed show. There have been actual trainwrecks that were somehow less of a trainwreck than that show. Somewhat related the upcharge paddle boats on the Ski Lake, Dino Island and the Shark Attack exhibit. It does warm my heart a little bit to think that whatever else is happening with the park, those days are gone.

I'll also preemptively put all 3 frog hoppers that the Gold Coast parks have had on the list. Sort of nothing rides that somehow generate a massive queue. Obviously I don't ride them, but when you go with kids they do, so that's a good 20mins of your day spent queuing for a single turn.

Used to be where the Nick\Dreamworks entrance is, didn't they?

Agree - using the fountain for that sort of thing was a bit tasteless, but if you have an asset that can generate revenue unused after a refurb - why wouldn't you deploy it in another capable location?

I'd have loved to have seen them run in the wipeout pool - that would've been fun.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AlexB said:

Used to be where the Nick\Dreamworks entrance is, didn't they?

Agree - using the fountain for that sort of thing was a bit tasteless, but if you have an asset that can generate revenue unused after a refurb - why wouldn't you deploy it in another capable location?

I'd have loved to have seen them run in the wipeout pool - that would've been fun.

You're right - putting a phoned-in upcharge that's cheap and nasty right at the front of the park int it's centrepiece is fully sick. :P

3 hours ago, rappa said:

Least missed is definitely Pirates Unleashed. It was a biscuit of the highest order. 

And that Speedcoaster thing was the most liberal use of the word Speed OR Coaster I’ve ever seen. 

I still find it fitting that it ended up in Canberra! One of the most boring waterslides I had ever been on. I do miss the Twister though...

To be clear, I did say

23 hours ago, AlexB said:

Agree - using the fountain for that sort of thing was a bit tasteless

And that doesn't translate to

18 hours ago, Slick said:

putting a phoned-in upcharge that's cheap and nasty right at the front of the park int it's centrepiece is fully sick.

I agree, another place in the park would have been dandy.

To be honest, i'm trying to think of what other spots in the park they could have put it at such minimal cost?

You can't put it in the river given underwater obstacles, and the need to erect booms to prevent the boats from going outside the effective range of the controllers - where else could it go?

Edited by AlexB
irony is lost on me

2 minutes ago, joz said:

The bin?

This doesn't address the revenue though. Those things make money. The ones at Wonderland would make an absolute mint for very little upkeep.

So when the park has these assets sitting there, that could be making money, the bin is a ridiculous suggestion. As Gazza and Slick both point out - they SHOULD have put them elsewhere. My only question is where, and the bin is not a viable answer (even if it may be the correct one)

2 minutes ago, AlexB said:

This doesn't address the revenue though. Those things make money. The ones at Wonderland would make an absolute mint for very little upkeep.

So when the park has these assets sitting there, that could be making money, the bin is a ridiculous suggestion. As Gazza and Slick both point out - they SHOULD have put them elsewhere. My only question is where, and the bin is not a viable answer (even if it may be the correct one)

They probably should've just kept them to the left of The Claw where they resided for over a decade. The move was literally to push it into people's faces more.