Which former attraction do you miss the least?

Gazza

1 minute ago, Slick said:

They probably should've just kept them to the left of The Claw where they resided for over a decade. The move was literally to push it into people's faces more.

wasn't that removed for the Dreamworks entrance?

1 minute ago, joz said:

What did DW do with theirs and how is Wonderland doing these days?

Oh yeah because a half dozen remote control arcade devices are going to solve the financial woes of an entire mismanaged theme park.

You still don't throw away assets with a very positive earning potential for no reason.

The wonderland units are still in operation. I've no idea what Dreamworld did with theirs.

15 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You still don't throw away assets with a very positive earning potential for no reason

I passionately disagree with the idea that 'does it make money' be the only factor in deciding if something is worth it or that 'It makes the place shit' is not a valid reason. Not only do I disagree with you, but the people who built the parks disagree with you (I've seen it first hand), and the management teams who actually give a shit disagree with you. Good news is the people who mismanaged Village Ardent and Wonderland all agree with you 100%

EDIT: I'm not saying remote control boats are bad, and I know you're not advocating for them in the dumb places they were, but honestly the bin is a fine place for them and they don't need to be shoehorned in for a fairly inconsequential amount of loose change just because you have them.

Edited by joz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, joz said:

Good news is the people who mismanaged Village Ardent and Wonderland all agree with you 100%

This is the precise position I was speaking from - I guess to explain why they took a money making asset out, presumably because the location was needed from something else, and decided since they had it they could continue to make money from it with little effort by shoving it in a shitty location, simply because that location had what they needed to make it work.

That doesn't mean I share that position - i'm simply putting myself in the shoes of the management who thought it was a good idea.

I did suggest that with what I said earlier:

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

the bin is not a viable answer (even if it may be the correct one)