themagician

Movie World Maintenance 2020

35 posts in this topic

The arms have been removed from Doomsday and have been taken off site

IMG_3467.thumb.jpeg.b981ecdb6c360a46583d684449529b4c.jpeg

IMG_3468.thumb.jpeg.1a7f0da3dc96a5fa14ea3b0db2b68e02.jpeg

The work on the WWF entrance seems to be complete and they have rebuilt the cabin

IMG_3470.thumb.jpeg.5866e861bc6083adf4b5e42ceb0b8d16.jpeg

IMG_3471.thumb.jpeg.48163790bf849dbd44a88a82bab7a92d.jpeg

The Fun House is still closed and partition walls have been added. It isn't clear what they are there for

IMG_3474.thumb.jpeg.f58229a14d0d94487b266f22d7a05e6e.jpeg

No noticeable works happening on Sylvester’s Pounce’n’Bounce

IMG_3475.thumb.jpeg.c1aade6af8ff8465677274ca44a43f82.jpeg

• Like 5

I wonder if they have actually put in the effort to fix all the broken water effects on the ride and also the sign that loses 1 person. 🤔

Edited by Rachelkinks

1 hour ago, rappa said:

Watch this space...

Shouldn't we be watching WWF? 

But for real, if they are planning on actually doing a tech overhaul and getting all the effects working correctly, I will regain some hope that they might just care about the little things. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jdude95 said:

Shouldn't we be watching WWF? 

Also a good choice 😊

Well after the 20th anyway

• Like 1

11 hours ago, themagician said:

They’ve unfortunately gone for a flat, printed new sign. 

heh - it isn't really flat - they've riveted it on with a bit of a buckle\bow in the steel so while the steel is flat, its technically 3d!

It looks horrible. And the bigger sign back where the vultures are is the same flat printed steel and its even worse - the colours seem brighter and bolder on the vulture sign which looks more like a carnival sideshow sign than something out of the wild west. It seems like the master painter \ artist \ signwriter has been given the arse, and they've replaced them with a cheap digital sign printer they normally use for their A-frames.

Apathy at its finest folks.

ick.

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 2

Hopefully, the effects are sorted out. Will be interesting to see how the loading works with the current COVID cleaning that is required also. I know the boats keep moving to allow for efficient loading. I am assuming once an hour all boats are almost stopped to ensure cleaning is done?.

Those jets at the top have always either been yay or nay. I hope the barrel is fixed before the final lift hill along with all the smaller show piees before hand.

Rather than cleaning the WWF boats periodically they should just put some bleach in the water, that wouldn't cause any problems, right?! Better yet, market the ride as a covid prevention ride, just make sure to open your mouth on the way down the final drop!

14 minutes ago, rappa said:

All effects are working outdoors. 
the geysers, wobbly rocks, ghost down saloon, water trough, water tank etc. 

Looking better than it has in years. 

You mean... the... population sign is working? 😮 :gasp!

• Like 1

The ultimate question still remains...is the video on Lift 2 back in sync or is that still out of whack. It was out of whack in 2012 when I worked there... and it was still out of whack when I rode it in 2019 lol. Looking forward to maybe checking it out in a few weeks though, glad to hear its mostly running properly.

28 minutes ago, Spotty said:

The ultimate question still remains...is the video on Lift 2 back in sync or is that still out of whack. It was out of whack in 2012 when I worked there... and it was still out of whack when I rode it in 2019 lol. Looking forward to maybe checking it out in a few weeks though, glad to hear its mostly running properly.

I'm sure it's still the same VHS played on the same CRT TV

I have vivid memories of a store near LTRR and the carousel which isn't there anymore - was a full on LT store, and it had an old school CRT screen in there playing LT cartoons on repeat. They ran that off of a laserdisc!

Technology pioneers I tell you!