Movie World Maintenance 2020

themagician

5 hours ago, Spotty said:

The ultimate question still remains...is the video on Lift 2 back in sync or is that still out of whack. It was out of whack in 2012 when I worked there... and it was still out of whack when I rode it in 2019 lol. Looking forward to maybe checking it out in a few weeks though, glad to hear its mostly running properly.

Yeah I would say the inside show scenes of the ride probably are well past their use by date and we’d need to see some kind to ‘WWF Next Gen’ level makeover before we see some big changes there. Let’s just hope such a thing does happen, but it’s not botched up like the last attempt. 

• Like 2

My problem with the lift hill isn't the sound its how long it takes, like sure it would have been nerve-wracking having such a long ascent in the darkness the first dozen times, but after all these years its just boring. There's probably not much they could do to change it though without a significant overhaul. My idea for revamping the lift hill into something exciting would be an elevator (kind of like the one Scooby has) but theme it around a geyser, so its like a geyser lifting the boat to the top of the mountain. Don't know if that's practical but it'd be fun!

• Love it! 1

1 hour ago, Coasterlife said:

what I would love for movie world to do is remove that loud god damn final lift hill on WWF and replace it with a more silent one, It sounds like a really loud jackhammer

The sound of it passing over the anti-rollbacks or the whistling/high speed noise sound effects that are pumped into there?

40 minutes ago, Jdude95 said:

The sound of it passing over the anti-rollbacks or the whistling/high speed noise sound effects that are pumped into there?

I'm really not sure man it's when it gets to this part,   I think its the anti-rollback

Edited by Coasterlife
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, Rexillium said:

why only close rivals for two days? is there anything they could possibly do to the ride in such a short period of time?

There's actually a lot of things they can do in a short time. Routine inspection may have detected the need to replace a minor part that's a quick swap-out. It could be closed so that they can remove a train to the workshop, replace some minor drive or brake components, replace batteries on the trains - there's a million small things they could do where only one or two days are needed...

• 4 weeks later...

Granted it’s still “off peak” but you can really feel the lack of rides today. 

thankfully the park is dead though (so it’s operationally understandable they’ve got a lot closed to be ready in 2 weeks) 

717FCE4E-1450-4764-9F75-3CB2100CD8EA.jpeg

Still no seats on Doomsday

079D6B80-42D1-4340-A7F0-A4BF3C370A68.jpeg

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but there is a hot dog stand in the Wild West area (obviously closed today) 

D66E6DB4-FEF4-42EA-BE35-670771851FF6.jpeg

84078DB5-D461-456A-AB08-FD6E8B734880.jpeg

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Still no seats on Doomsday

Not sure if it’s been mentioned before but there is a hot dog stand in the Wild West area (obviously closed today) 

D66E6DB4-FEF4-42EA-BE35-670771851FF6.jpeg

84078DB5-D461-456A-AB08-FD6E8B734880.jpeg

Doomsday is a good update. Last I saw it had no arms. Progress.

The hot dog stand has been posted before and when I've been and its open, its been SUPER popular. I think its a great addition, but the park still needs 1 more ride down next to WWF.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Naazon said:

I think its a great addition, but the park still needs 1 more ride down next to WWF.

The trouble is, there aren't any DC superheroes in the old west. If they can't paint it a primary colour and slap a superhero logo on it, they've got no idea what to do with it, so a ride in west is out unless they can come up with some more creative folks in the design phase.

I 100% agree with you though, west has needed a new addition for a long time to stretch the crowds out.

Yeah ok, don't bring facts into a good tongue-in-cheek slagging off about DC World Warner Bros Movie World.

Fair enough, we've got an old west superhero in the universe who

IGN ranked Jonah Hex as the 73rd Greatest Comic Book Hero of All Time

Awesome!

Seriously though - they don't need more DC.

Plus the Josh Brolin film was so memorable, i'd never heard of it. No wonder he went to Marvel.

ETA: lol. it was nominated for 5 awards, and won only one - the Houston Film Critics' Society 'Worst Picture' award.

Other nominations include:

• Alliance of Women Film Journalists' EDA Special Mention Award - Hall of Shame
  • Houston Film Critics' Golden Schmoes Worst Movie of the Year
  • Razzie award for worst Actress
  • Razzie award for Worst Screen Couple \ Worst Screen Ensemble.