Movie World Maintenance 2020

themagician

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Rivals said:

hasn’t even been open for 2 weeks and Green Lantern is down again

30257DAF-F8D4-41F6-8E16-B6CA43E31AD7.png

I just got here and it looks like an estop. A car is stopped on a block break.

28 minutes ago, Naazon said:

I just got here and it looks like an estop. A car is stopped on a block break.

Maybe not. Harness's are still locked.

20201230_141058.jpg

Thing is back before apps and the like a 1 day or half day closure of a ride was standard and would just get a small sign out the front of the parks. 

Now the tech exists to show this more realtime on digital platforms its going to be regular that unscheduled maintenance appears. Really it would be more appropriately called ‘repairs’ but that implies something is broken so you’re not going to put that on your app. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Let's just say there was a reason it was nicknamed the "Green Lemon" by the opening crew of the ride... for the first several months of operation it spent more time closed than open. When it first opened they even tried (unsuccessfully) to run 6 cars on the track at any given time. Let's just say this caused lots of stacking due to loading procedures and the ride being way too short to need more than 4 cars on the track. This would often cause the ride to have a heart attack and shut down (much like Scooby does if it backs up too much)

After about 6 months of them tweaking things they got the ride running reasonably well for a few years until it decided to yeet a wheel, closing it for a while. Once that was fixed from what I hear the ride ran pretty reliable until this year when it needed a part to be replaced. Which after nearly 10 years of operation is to be expected, it was just closed for much longer due to delays in shipment and manufacturing overseas. Having the ride not running for nearly 12 months it's likely to have teething issues for a few weeks.

Although, I wouldn't personally say S+S (well their coasters, Batwing is pretty dang reliable) are the most reliable rides as far as far as most manufacturers go.

I lost count of how many times in the first few months of it running, I heard the breakdown spiel played.

I love your insights and little stories

• Like 1