Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

11 hours ago, themagician said:

“This new timeline will also allow our team to add additional improved thematic elements to the precinct which will be a truly world-class experience for guests at Sea World.” 

lol sure....Translation: "This allows us to install the planned themeing as intended"...not ADD additional themeing.

“Our domestic team and international partners were severely impact by shipping delays that have changed our delivery timeline for the Leviathan and Trident attractions at the New Atlantis precinct at Sea World,” he said.

274358115_1156021798549482_7772063877947159415_n.jpg

Edited by Luke

12DF6EBC-35C5-4614-9FDA-ED358386507C.jpeg

Well the front of that train is decidedly less impressive than the original concept art with the dragon's head.

Leviathan parts were arriving as early (and earlier) than September 2020. What could possibly have taken 18 months to ship? Are they using AusPost?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

What could possibly have taken 18 months to ship?

A lot of things actually. 
When it comes to theming/entertainment technology it’s coming on many product lines to see manufacturing delays or up to 10months and shipping times of 4 months. 

Previously same products would have been on the shelf at manufacturers and shipped in a few days by air. This has all changed and is a problem we deal with daily. 

So the comments are genuine. 

New vehicles are taking over 18 months to ship due to shortages in microprocessors and aluminium and then add shipping delays on top of that. 

The only thing thats released recently that doesn't appear to have shortages is Samsungs new phone.

On the car topic, feeling for anyone who lost their car in the floods. They won't be able to replace it with a new one for a very very long time...

3 minutes ago, red dragin said:

Got mine within three months of ordering, new build. 

Always exceptions to the rule and with the wide variety of manufacturers the timeframes change. Additionally, the cars are assembled in global plants so there is a chance you took over someone's spot as they cancelled or your car had a higher value/returns for the manufacturer.

I work in the motor insurance industry and we have close relationships with the major manufacturers in Australia so this info is accurate.

• Like 1

I also doubt it's the full issue, but it is an issue that has had an impact. I think it's fair to say there are things that were out of their control, which had a flow on of them fucking up bits they did have more control of. ST and Leviathan are also totally different projects, in the same way that Rivals and Sky Voyager were different projects.

At the end of the day, the wash up will be something like 'they got hit by some totally fucked shit they couldn't do anything about, and then kicked a few own goals of their own'. You can't put that on social media, nor would you expect them to. You also can't say 'A contractor fucked something up which set the whole thing back a tonne and we fucked some other shit too', so just go to the next thing that HAS made an impact on the situation, which is covid. In previous years, managing the project the way they have, they would have made it for Easter at the very latest. That being the case, you probably can just say 'Covid' and call it a day.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dom said:

The problem I have is that despite the constant delays, they continue to name dates. At this stage they should just say 'Coming Soon' and call it a day, because otherwise it just seems like they're leading us on.

Also fun fact: if you bought an annual pass after the announcement in 2019 and renewed it for each opening of the attractions opening dates in the hopes of riding everything once it opened then you'd be on your fourth season pass. 

May 2019 > May 2020 - Purchased to ride Vortex for the proposed late 2019 opening. 
May 2020 > May 2021 - Renewed fin hopes for the change to the late 2020 opening of Vortex with Leviathan also still proposed to open late 2020. 
May 2021 > May 2022 - Renewed in hopes for the new proposed June 2021 opening of Leviathan. Luckily each new delay including Summer 2021 and Easter 2022 still fall under your pass. 
May 2022 > May 2023 - Renewed in hopes for the new proposed date of September 2022.

You would have paid either $756 or $1000 by May 2022 and have only gotten one new flat ride to show for it. 

That's pretty much me.

I bought a One pass Dec 2020 because Vortex had opened and Leviathan would be open by mid year.

When my pass was about to expire I even queried if I could get at least a one day ticket to use at a later date in lieu of the ride not opening as advertised during the year the pass was valid (Like what Busch did for Iron Gwazi and Pantheon) But was told no.

(That said it wasn't as bad because I got the new WnW slides and Vortex)

So now I'm just going to wait until it's actually been testing and clearly going to open, and then buy a pass the day before. 

• Like 1