Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

15 hours ago, xRazzBerryx said:

4B6457DA-94A3-406E-BBA5-1FF1EB836C68.thumb.jpeg.abeba7cef48147959d6b7df370c8273c.jpeg

Ejector I would assume? Haven’t ridden enough wooden coasters to know if many of them have floater hills, but from the speed most of them pull it would have to be ejector right? 

Most woodies have floater airtime like those made by GCI, however this is made by gravity group and they do make more intense woodies with ejector air so yea this is most likely ejector. (but that means it most likely will need much more maintenance on the tracks over time)   

Now i know i talk way way way!!!! too much in the forums but in about 18-19 weeks we should hopefully be in the queues  to line up for trident and leviathan but i have not really seen any progress at all on trident, Would anyone have any reason for this besides the construction of leviathan? 

• Like 1

I've had a look around, and it doesn't seem like any particularly deep footings are needed - most of the installs seem to 'bolt on' to the ride slab, with their own support leg \ outriggers. No doubt the slab would need to be thicker \ reinforced etc, but even the 'worlds tallest' in orlando doesn't seem to have any significant excavation or drilling.

The slab itself would need about 4 weeks curing time to reach max strength, but usually they can start loading them 11-14 days after the pour.

If it is an outrigger \ bolt on situation, it should be very quick.

*Pure speculation based on my own googling. I've no particular knowledge of this install or others, other than what i found online in a few minutes - clearly, this could be very wrong, and i'm quite happy to be corrected if someone has better information.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Do we know who's manufacturing this ride? Not that it matters seeing as Funtime are one-upping them with an 80 metre on the way! (Which is soo exciting! They're stunning machines and great fun to ride!)

Probably some manufacturer from the Czech Republic most likely... pity it's not a Funtime one, but keen to see the travelling one when it arrives

16 hours ago, HussRainbow87 said:

Do we know who's manufacturing this ride? Not that it matters seeing as Funtime are one-upping them with an 80 metre on the way! (Which is soo exciting! They're stunning machines and great fun to ride!)

Will this 80m funtime skyflyer to be a travelling version that does all the major east coast royal shows? 

Edited by Luke

On 06/02/2021 at 4:57 PM, Luke said:

Will this 80m funtime skyflyer to be a travelling version that does all the major east coast royal shows? 

From what it seems, is that it will be used as an attraction at specific locations for extended periods, Funtime are touring the ride and will be taking care of operations. There has been talk about a showmen being possibly involved but at the moment that’s just speculation. I think if there is a showmen involved in some way, it will most likely be put forward for the Capital Shows. At least Royal Easter for sure. 

On 05/02/2021 at 11:48 PM, HussRainbow87 said:

SBF Visa by the look of the renderings.

@HussRainbow87 the prospect of a genuine 80m star flyer sounds good.

Do you think we will continue to see more of these smaller pop up "State Fair" type carnivals happening this year too? Obviously they were borne out of Covid causing the capital city shows to be cancelled.

But to be honest, I think we should have more of these free admission carnivals happening everywhere (As you see in Germany and the Netherlands). Seems a waste to have large rides that only get used like 4-5 times per year at the main captial city shows.

Edited by Gazza
  • Like 1