Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

You're telling me that a former chief operating officer of VRTP, who was also a board member of AALARA, had nothing to do with Leviathan - an element of a far more elaborate precinct project that was fully fleshed out in May 2019, before his departure from the company?

I mean, sure - Kirby obviously had his little 'final approval' stamp to go on, but that doesn't mean he determined the type, sourced the supplier, nutted out the design, right? I mean, we've long bemoaned Ardent's habit of CEOs choosing rides... you don't honestly think Kirby was the instrumental success for this, given his other exploits?

Edited by AlexB
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexB said:

You're telling me that a former chief operating officer of VRTP, who was also a board member of AALARA, had nothing to do with Leviathan - an element of a far more elaborate precinct project that was fully fleshed out in May 2019, before his departure from the company?

I mean, sure - Kirby obviously had his little 'final approval' stamp to go on, but that doesn't mean he determined the type, sourced the supplier, nutted out the design, right? I mean, we've long bemoaned Ardent's habit of CEOs choosing rides... you don't honestly think Kirby was the instrumental success for this, given his other exploits?

Nope, my understanding is it was predominantly Bikash.

Edited by GoGoBoy
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/03/2021 at 2:02 PM, Coasterlife said:

new commercials for the village roadshow parks have been posted to youtube but trident and leviathan are being said as coming soon rather than coming june

June is soon 👍Can’t wait to get up there in September 😁

Edited by LORD_Noodle
Addition

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

After talking to a guy on youtube called Noah Johnstone he was kind enough to make a part 2 to his drone over of leviathan, hope you guys enjoy 

I hate to be the nitpick, but..

Video is fantastic, it’s great to get some good views of Leviathan - however, what this kid is doing is illegal and ruins the use of drones for the people who do the right thing.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but this is the same guy who flew his drone through DC Rivals, over Movieworld and Dreamworld as well? 

4 hours ago, fletch said:

Isn't the area around SW a drone free area? Could of sworn I saw a sign saying drones are prohibited within a certain range of the park...

So this was done during park operating hours while helicopters were operational too. Was there not a case a few years ago where someone almost got a $20,000 fine for flying near a Sea World helicopter?

Commercial airports (including a surrounding of 2-5km plus additional clearances for approach) are do not fly zones, private helipads and airports operate under a general proviso that you use caution and don't fly near the approach, pad or runway during operating hours and that you land immediately if you see an aircraft/helicopter in the sky. While you can fly 30m above private property, 99% of the time under a recreational license you can't fly over people, crowds, large stadiums, events etc. or fly in a way that is un-safe or dangerous to those around the drone.

With all of that in mind - given the amount of helicopter traffic in the broadwater and around the spit when he would've flown his drone combined with the flight paths he took it's definitely dodgy.

TLDR; don't go out and buy a second hand DJI drone, fly it recklessly around a park and ruin it for everyone so you can get a hundred views on YouTube.

• Like 4