Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Storm is a water ride

Ah yeh, don’t know why I didn’t think of that haha. Bermuda triangle and Vikings Revenge were awesome water rides though, I remember just being able to get on BT before it got removed and I was like 7. I guess I just miss a good ol fashioned flume ride of some sort and a water coaster doesn’t really make that for me. Storm coaster has one lil part at the end, which I find charming in that way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Park Addict 93 said:

Just noticed the previously announced September 18 date has been replaced with “this summer”.

2812C0F5-09B4-44E7-918C-8A879D51A793.jpeg

I would have preferred “Within the coming weeks”. 

On 27/04/2021 at 7:33 AM, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

November 2020 is the last image - so no.

It's quite an intimidating water ride though.

Mack his words...

28 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

A couple bonus add-ons for today - as far as I can make out, here's the layout for everyone who only sees a mass twist of timber.

image.thumb.png.caf735efa3e3bfeb9a79d16a8ea02144.pngimage.thumb.png.874b0b8a7fa2c9255f5a8c34bb3e37ba.pngimage.png.9b044e27ed3dc6a0f7cec26f11f44747.png

(this is my best guess based on the imagery, and is in no way official or confirmed - just thought it'd be a nice add-on for those without nearmap)

And finally - the Elevation profile. This line starts at the rear of the station (the 119.5 degree bearing where the transfer track connects) and goes from there. It's obviously not super accurate - firstly because its hand drawn by me and I was lazy and didn't track the curves perfectly, but also because Nearmap captures the height at that spot so it doesn't allow for crossovers and any other track that passes underneath other sections. I found it interesting nonetheless as it captures the height and main drops fairly well.

image.thumb.png.7cb007df7ba4abc30d83b27083fdee70.png

Great work, very much appreciated. 

Village Roadshow Theme Parks chief operating officer Bikash Randhawa said unavoidable transport problems caused by the pandemic had extended the delay.

“Due to the lack of airline availability as a result of COVID-19, as well as issues with a significant international shipping back log, the opening of the Leviathan and Trident has been delayed to this Summer,” he said.

“An updated opening date will be announced ASAP.

“Our team are working closely with manufacturers and suppliers to navigate through the logistics of importing and essential personnel travel during COVID-19.

“We are very excited to see the new rides operating soon and look forward to welcoming our guests to experience them.”

https://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/business/gold-coast-business/sea-world-gold-coasts-leviathan-roller-coaster-and-trident-ride-in-new-atlantis-precinct-delayed/news-story/f40426cea039e54030681f771bd0a497?fbclid=IwAR3yqOgdQuszvLMbnbtmJVw9UEGf9nTCQgjjN2pQAUCUe3vBexS249NLHxI

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Looks fantastic. Not sure about the OP on Instagram encouraging people to book the cheap flights to the GC to ride it soon given it doesn’t open for 5+ months. 

He posted this before the September opening was announced back in late March

Edited by Coasterlife