Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

12 minutes ago, New display name said:

The Gold Coast Parks have really painted themselves into a corner.    In the good old days, it was expensive to get a annual pass to DW.

A consequence from their race to the bottom. They wanted more guests for little so they just kept lowering their AP prices whilst adding generally okay additions. Eventually they reached a tipping point where people started to shift their perception on the parks and both were backed into a corner with cheap park tickets and cheap additions, and their only way was a really slow climb back out of the hole they dug for themselves.

6 hours ago, Gazza said:

Its not like the public knows thats NL2, and Im not saying it has to be 1 to 1, ( yes it cleary is shopped)

But the image shows it as an attraction with some form of theming. It can be different of course, but all I'm saying is SW built an expectation with the public that this is going to be a themed Atlantis themed precinct, so I guess I was expecting something to be popping up on site other than the coaster itself.

VRTP themselves describe it as immersive precinct. Based off Vortex, it definitely isn’t going to be immersive 

24B586AF-E524-40C6-A7C1-40DF12F96773.jpeg

4 hours ago, Tinter said:

So anyway, word around town is leviathan and trident are opening together for Easter. That's a big oof for SW

Which town is that? 

VTP launched a new radio campaign today promoting Leviathan, Trident, the new slides at WnW, and the new meercat enclosure all opening this summer 

56 minutes ago, Brad2912 said:

Which town is that? 

VTP launched a new radio campaign today promoting Leviathan, Trident, the new slides at WnW, and the new meercat enclosure all opening this summer 

I really hope we start getting some solid dates for what 'this summer' actually is. As somebody travelling interstate I don't want to book at the last minute for a surprise launch of New Atlantis.

14 hours ago, New display name said:

The race to the bottom was started by Ardent but Village was just silly enough to follow them.

In terms of cut-price passes, wasn't it Village with the Q150 pass in 2008 where that race started?

9 hours ago, Dom said:

I really hope we start getting some solid dates for what 'this summer' actually is. 

*eyeroll* in the coming weeks.

10 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

In terms of cut-price passes, wasn't it Village with the Q150 pass in 2008 where that race started?

This is what made me think DW was the first but I can't remember the pricing for it.    https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2007/05/23/117-Macquarie_Leisure_duo_to_launch_new_annual_passes.html

1 hour ago, New display name said:

This is what made me think DW was the first but I can't remember the pricing for it.    https://www.parkz.com.au/article/2007/05/23/117-Macquarie_Leisure_duo_to_launch_new_annual_passes.html

The thread behind that article gives further info:

On 23/05/2007 at 10:00 PM, Richard said:

I think it's possible to consider this as a response to WVTP's continued slashing of annual pass prices. I would expect prices more consistent with WVTP's standard prices at the very least.

Also interesting in the same reply was the following:

On 23/05/2007 at 10:00 PM, Richard said:

For some reason despite our parks being smaller and, in overall terms, of lesser quality than many parks abroad, the public here is still willing to pay a premium for the privilege of a day at a theme park.

That didn't age well.

12 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

Opening 28th feb last day of summer 😂

11 hours ago, joz said:

I made myself sad typing that too

I’ve cancelled 4 holidays to the Gold Coast since covid started …… so this time round I’ve booked in for December and purchased everything already….. I’ll make a hole in the border divider if I have too 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DaptoFunlandGuy said:

The thread behind that article gives further info:

Also interesting in the same reply was the following:

That didn't age well.

So the Q150 pass was in response to DW's pass but DW pass was in response to Village slashing of prices.  Got it.🤔

• 2 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, MWgirl247365 said:

Oh like what movieworld does

Movie Worlds entrance is still very much open compared to this. 

57 minutes ago, MWgirl247365 said:

What’s so bad about it?? They are just letting people know how to use the app and Covid stuff right? So keeping Qld safe is a bad thing? 

It’s bad because this is how nice the entry used to look

EB884B74-688E-4659-B0ED-BD58CD4010E3.jpeg

• Like 5

A park entrance serves as a guests first impression of the park. Think of how the Disney Parks are designed so that there is a slight incline as you enter so you don't see the castle until you round the corner of Main Street and it is revealed to you. Your first impression if of a turn of the century Train Station with a giant Mickey Smiling up at you. At Sea World your first impression is "BUY PHOTOS, DOWNLOAD OUR APP, BUY OUR UPCHARGE EXPERIENCES" not exactly a welcoming sight when you're bombarded with information cluttering up the neat and clean entrance the park used to have.

• Like 3

The Seaworld entrance shows the Park is literally under construction. It's such a shame the oldest Park is treated with such tackiness. 

I understand Covid safe information is needed to be displayed so that fine. But the execution sucks, it's like a construction wall you'd find in any large city in Australia. That's how awful and tacky it is. Might as well get anyone with a theme park page to plaster a sticker over the wall for free promotion.

It feels like SeaWorld of late has lost its way a little. I hope who ever is in charge these days of SeaWorld tries to get these minor issues rectified.  

2 hours ago, MWgirl247365 said:

What’s so bad about it?? They are just letting people know how to use the app and Covid stuff right? So keeping Qld safe is a bad thing? 

Covid safety information is fine. It's how you present it. The VRTP app is a requirement of entry but it isn't 'keeping queensland safe' - the QLD covid safety app is doing that and is also a requirement for entry so the VRTP app is no longer a 'safety' thing its a 'cost' thing.

But that isn't my issue.

The Sea World marquee - the entrance portal through which families can go on their magical escape into another world... isn't even used anymore (for most guests). Instead, passholders (the vast majority of visitors) are directed through a dingy little side entrance and funneled past a shitty greenscreen, all the while holding up the flow of guests trying to enter the park to make a buck, before finally greeting guests with a turnstile arrangement made up of mobile wheeled portable scanning devices.

Dreamworld, Movie World, Wet N Wild, even White Water World - all of these parks take you in the front door. 

image.thumb.png.f9621d3b4089f56d3f710f664509a837.png 

THIS is the type of memory I have of Sea World - almost every person I know who has visited Sea World at some point in it's life has this style of shot.

Now this is what you get instead:

image.jpeg.bba7e827f0967718a2199d8411b492b0.jpegimage.jpeg.8868ed23d6a392b10e1ffed531556a75.jpegThe Parkz Update: Vortex nears completion, Leviathan towers as The New  Atlantis nears opening at Sea World | Parkz - Theme Parks

It's busy, its messy, it's clearly not being used for its original purpose based on all the temporary barriers and cables and shit run everywhere. The front entrance plaza needs a solid redevelopment - and right now, it needs it more than it needs a skyflyer. 

Edited by DaptoFunlandGuy
  • Like 4