Leviathan Construction Updates

themagician

On 30/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, Gazza said:

If you were doing vertical gardens, wonder why you wouldnt do the shed in "Pale Eucalpyt"

A lot of materials manufacturers have been struggling to keep up with demand. While I can't speak specifically about colourbond and similar, a lot of building and construction suppliers have reduced their available range to avoid having to re-tool their production line - pushing out only a core range in their most popular colours as they can't afford the downtime the changeover would take... 

At least a white-ish colour is easier to spray over if you decide to paint it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Unfortunately those white sheds certainly stand out everywhere. Hopefully some tall tense trees will be planted to hide them a bit, especially from the view in the Nickelodeon area

6468576C-0B0E-4807-B122-4C7BEDBD2602.jpeg

8A9C6ADF-F67B-4298-B562-283783790D5D.jpeg

434B4701-5D31-44CC-A1D6-19770D6638D5.jpeg

A4381D32-1742-4316-BB3E-D7B35E197627.jpeg

F27D9662-0564-4509-9915-B210AD78690E.jpeg

DA296ADC-0D78-400E-A721-3CEB894523E0.jpeg

48180C5E-9AB5-4807-B982-2716A5E468DB.jpeg

They also built a temporary wall around the stairs up to the Tavern, so you can’t get a good up close view of the construction anymore 

Edited by themagician
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, themagician said:

Unfortunately those white sheds certainly stand out everywhere. Hopefully some tall tense trees will be planted to hide them a bit, especially from the view in the Nickelodeon area

I still find it bizarre that their choice was white. Green, or even blue, would be much easier to hide behind even light foliage and wouldn't drag your attention as much.

1 hour ago, Dom said:

I still find it bizarre that their choice was white. Green, or even blue, would be much easier to hide behind even light foliage and wouldn't drag your attention as much.

Or Red like another park down the road...

Truthfully though it's bizarre some of the colour choices on building materials at the moment, but many of the manufacturers are just bulk producing in 1 or 2 core colours.

To misquote Henry Ford - You can have any colour you want, as long as it's white...

Another instagram story update (i know they shouldn’t be filming but i guess we get an accurate update) 

https://instagram.com/stories/tainan.martins/2773968388181099840?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&utm_medium=copy_link

by the look of it, the station isn’t anywhere near completed and testing probably won’t be able to start until most of the work is done in there. Wont be surprised if the opening does get pushed back until September but that will most likely be the last Push Back we’ll see if it does happen

Yeahhhhh that’s not looking anywhere near done. Looks like the Easter date ain’t happening. 

On 13/2/2022 at 3:27 PM, themagician said:

F27D9662-0564-4509-9915-B210AD78690E.jpeg

I was looking at this photo in particular again and while it isn’t entirely clear, it does appear that the track does go into what we thought was the maintenance building and it kind of looks like it does in that Insta story. Am I overthinking this? Is it a seperate unload station for the train? Is this a shown scene at the end of the ride? Or is it just the maintenance shed?

in the story you can see the maintenance shed in the background and there is track going into the building which i’d assume is the transfer track however it doesn't looked like the main track goes into a building so i’d assume not. such a shame this ride is most likely going to be pushed back again.

DF5CBDBA-0F43-4C06-B24E-39ADDEA2265A.jpeg

Edited by Rivals

12 hours ago, themagician said:

Am I overthinking this? Is it a seperate unload station for the train? Is this a shown scene at the end of the ride? Or is it just the maintenance shed?

Ha, we wish! Sadly, the people currently running VRTP do not appear interested in the level of theming that a show scene would require 

1 hour ago, GoGoBoy said:

Ha, we wish! Sadly, the people currently running VRTP do not appear interested in the level of theming that a show scene would require 

@Richardhas indicated that there is something in the works for this, so I wouldn't entirely write it off.

I know i'm being way too ambitious but i'd love to see something nice like Manta's launch bay at Sea World San Diego. It fits the park to basically copy that too.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m not surprised at all by this delay, once again. The fact they were still building the station this month meant they were no where near ready for testing (which takes months). And despite the construction of trident going to be a fairly quick process, with the current weather situation it was always going to be a struggle to get it up in time. But if this delay means they end up with a good product that they could spend the time on getting right, then it’s a much better outcome. 

36 minutes ago, themagician said:

I’m not surprised at all by this delay, once again. The fact they were still building the station this month meant they were no where near ready for testing (which takes months). And despite the construction of trident going to be a fairly quick process, with the current weather situation it was always going to be a struggle to get it up in time. But if this delay means they end up with a good product that they could spend the time on getting right, then it’s a much better outcome. 

Agree holding out until everything is 100% completed. Rushing an opening is not the way to go. 

I just wish they were more transparent about this with the public. It’s almost like a shady move to say it’s opening Easter, families buy passes for Christmas, etc. And then it gets pushed back. 

I know this isn’t the reason they announced it for Easter, but why even put a date if it’s not 100%. I would just scrap the September opening announcement, and just announce it when it is early stages of testing & everything is smoothing out. 

On 08/10/2021 at 10:31 AM, New display name said:

It is super disappointing that I won't be in the country when this thing opens now.  Maybe I can set up another dummy testing gig before I go @DaptoFunlandGuy.

Looking on the bright side - Skeet might be around for it now...

Delays at SeaWorld’s $50 million theme park upgrade will enter a second year after the park postponed the opening for the third time due to shipping delays. 

The New Atlantis was set to feature two new attractions, including the Leviathan and the Trident. 

The new attractions were originally due tolaunch in ‘mid-2021’, however was pushed back due to unavoidable transport problems caused by the pandemic.

Village Roadshow Theme Parks communications boss Mitchell Olivey said shipping delays due to Covid-19 was the main factor to why it was pushed back. 

“Our domestic team and international partners were severely impact by shipping delays that have changed our delivery timeline for the Leviathan and Trident attractions at the New Atlantis precinct at Sea World,” he said.

Mr Olivey said the new opening date was September 3 for both of the attractions. 

“This new timeline will also allow our team to add additional improved thematic elements to the precinct which will be a truly world-class experience for guests at Sea World.” 

Fans hearing about the delay have expressed their disappointment online.

“I got passes last year so the kids could go in this Xmas. Some delay is OK till Easter but passes will have expired by then,” Sean Delaney wrote.

This image was also included in the article:

12DF6EBC-35C5-4614-9FDA-ED358386507C.jpeg

• Like 4