Sign in to follow this  
Richard

Scenic World - construction progresses

2 posts in this topic

I dropped in at Scenic World last Saturday for a few hours while in Sydney. Their new entrance and office has been completed and is now open. It is a vast improvement on the old one and is very classy. Through this they seem to have changed the name of Sceniscender to Flyway, though they are yet to change anything outside of the new entrance and ticket desk. You can see where the ridiculous prices for rides and food etc. have gone in the place. They're yet to do too much with the new Skyway. Work is going on constantly, but nothing too remarkable to see yet. From all accounts it will be an outstanding ride, and though similar to the original, it'll be thrilling for far different reasons. Orphan Rocker as you'd guess remains relatively quiet. The catch car was located on the lift about halfway up, which suggests that it has been in motion recently. News Article Photo Gallery (more coming!)

Guest newzealander

Estimate time of Orphan Rocker Opening=2084, To comerate Sydney Olympics Can't wait to get back to see the Three sister but I must remain in NZ. My grandma had a fit going down the inclined railway...