What are these rides like?

AheadMatthewawsome

Hi there everyone! I decided to make this topic, so that people can find out what rides they want to go on feel like. So they know what to prepare.

So I'll start with: What is Sizzler and Hair Raiser feel like?

If anybody is feeling unsure about a ride, come here and hopefully one of us here in Parkz can help you!

Just now, Smol bean said:

What does scooby doo spooky coaster feel like I have a fear of rollercoasters but I want to overcome it and I heard scooby is the tamest coaster in the park ahead of roadrunner

Have you ever unwrapped a present that was in an iPhone box, but when you open the box it was a pair of socks? That’s what riding the “new” scooby coaster is like.

2 hours ago, Coasterlife said:

SDSC max speed is 45km/hr, not scary and RRE max speed is 45.9km/hr but have you been on WWF?

Yes I really like wwf like I was never really scared of the backwards drop at the beginning don’t ask me why did guys I just wasn’t 

Edited by Smol bean

I am sorry, but this is one of the most stupid threads I have possibly seen. Granted, I have personally made some stupid threads in my day.

The most productive answer you will get is 'intense' or 'not intense'.

You are asking us to describe a feeling, we can not possibly do that. Do you want words like 'extreme', or even 'pure adrenaline'? How about intense in Spanish? Intenso! Does this fulfill your needs? DC Rivals was so Intenso! 

My point is, stop asking us to describe a feeling. Do we look like Shakespeare? 

6 hours ago, Smol bean said:

What does scooby doo spooky coaster feel like I have a fear of rollercoasters but I want to overcome it and I heard scooby is the tamest coaster in the park ahead of roadrunner

The only way you will overcome roller coasters is through riding them, speaking from experience.

You do not need to jump into the deep end, in some cases it will only create more fear. Slowly and surely take more and more steps to build your confidence, these feat of engineering are nothing to be scared of. 

So in short, my advice is take what you can handle. You are allowed to take your time, there is no rush. Just be productive about it, there is no use in being scared of something you clearly have some interest in. 

Edited by Prequel
  • Like 2

Let me give an example from my experience.
On a Breakdance, it looks like when you are watching a POV of a Breakdance that you are always looking straight. When you are on the ride, imagine it as that. And what also helps on your first time is to hold on as tightly as you can to your lap bar. You do spin around once every time you go around. You also get quite a moderate to strong lateral g force to the left. You also get some mild to moderate nausea. It is quite rare for most rides to make you throw up. And I haven't seen anybody throw up on a Breakdance yet.

Something like that. So how nauseous do you feel? What type of g forces there are? Do you get any fears of what something feels like, aka on the Wild Mouse those sharp turns make you feel you will fall off even if you don't, and on Volare where on the single seats you feel like your gonna crash into the wall? An estimation on how long and how often they happen?

It's okay if it's a negative experience or contradicts another persons experience.

17 hours ago, Smol bean said:

I haven't been on it. But maybe try having a look on YouTube for a video of the ride with the lights on. I know Theme Park Review has done one. So you can expect what the track is.

I know this video isn't the newest, but I think the track route is still the same after the renovation. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Prequel said:

The only way you will overcome roller coasters is through riding them, speaking from experience.

You do not need to jump into the deep end, in some cases it will only create more fear. Slowly and surely take more and more steps to build your confidence, these feat of engineering are nothing to be scared of. 

So in short, my advice is take what you can handle. You are allowed to take your time, there is no rush. Just be productive about it, there is no use in being scared of something you clearly have some interest in. 

This is the best advice you’ll get. There’s no real objective statement of what rides are scary and what aren’t because everyone has different fears.

I’m scared of heights, conflict and @AlexB so Giant Drop is a nightmare for me, but for some it’s a cakewalk. I ended up finally riding when I finally felt ready to do so rather than forcing myself, and now it’s one of my favourite experiences on the Gold Coast. 

To echo Prequel, take your time and exposure yourself to similar but smaller experiences. 

35 minutes ago, Zanstabar said:

This is the best advice you’ll get. There’s no real objective statement of what rides are scary and what aren’t because everyone has different fears.

I’m scared of heights, conflict and @AlexB so Giant Drop is a nightmare for me, but for some it’s a cakewalk. I ended up finally riding when I finally felt ready to do so rather than forcing myself, and now it’s one of my favourite experiences on the Gold Coast. 

To echo Prequel, take your time and exposure yourself to similar but smaller experiences. 

I’m also scared of @AlexB not gonna lie

2 hours ago, Zanstabar said:

That time you and @AlexB got in a fight at the top of GD must have been a nightmare

11 hours ago, Prequel said:

Him and his profile picture, utterly terrifying. 

Where is Walt leading Mickey Mouse? That is the real question, what is Walt going to do to him?

I agree with Mr. Bean.

Walts ready for the Mickey Mouse blood sucking so he can become Taylor swift why because she’s basically satan at this point

On 24/09/2020 at 10:27 AM, AheadMatthewawsome said:

Let me give an example from my experience.
On a Breakdance, it looks like when you are watching a POV of a Breakdance that you are always looking straight. When you are on the ride, imagine it as that. And what also helps on your first time is to hold on as tightly as you can to your lap bar. You do spin around once every time you go around. You also get quite a moderate to strong lateral g force to the left. You also get some mild to moderate nausea. It is quite rare for most rides to make you throw up. And I haven't seen anybody throw up on a Breakdance yet.

Something like that. So how nauseous do you feel? What type of g forces there are? Do you get any fears of what something feels like, aka on the Wild Mouse those sharp turns make you feel you will fall off even if you don't, and on Volare where on the single seats you feel like your gonna crash into the wall? An estimation on how long and how often they happen?

It's okay if it's a negative experience or contradicts another persons experience.

Having operated a Break Dance before... I have seen many people get sick on it... One of the more nauseating flat rides out there TBH. That and the Mondial Top Scans, they tend to be a bit more common for motion sickness

On 24/09/2020 at 6:31 PM, Zanstabar said:

Yeah, you're quite right.