New Intamin Spinning Coaster- France

Jobe

Just saw this video of this  new Intamin Family Spinning Coaster , Objectif Mars at a French park called Futurescope and I must say- it looks impressive!! The level of theming and effects look top notch to me and it would be brilliant if one of our parks could introduce a new coaster to this level!

Futuroscope, or Parc du Futuroscope is a French theme park based upon multimedia, cinematographic futuroscope and audio-visual techniques. It has several 3D cinemas and a few 4D cinemas along with other attractions and shows, some of which are the only examples in the world.

It is located in the department of Vienne, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, 10 kilometres (6.2 mi) north of Poitiers, in the communes of Chasseneuil-du-Poitou and Jaunay-Clan.

Objectif Mars is their first fully fledged coaster and it certainly is a cracker to open their coaster count.

They have several other attractions such listed below:

image.thumb.png.76729fb889b36bf08e731ec48157f2bd.png

I have never heard of this park before but if they keep getting attractions of the quality and execution of Objecif Mars, then the park has a bright future indeed!

Enjoy and I would like to hear your thoughts on the coaster!

48 minutes ago, A.H said:

Intamin is just throwing mud at a wall and hoping it eventually sticks

You'd hope so.

You can never allow yourself to take advantage of the situation you are in, it will eventually blind you from innovation. If Intamin are continuing to take inspiration from other manufactures and pushing the boundaries of the roller coaster industry,  it will only push the other manufactures to better their product. Not everything will work, but eventually you will find something. 

I would of been disappointed if Intamin were not adventuring into new territory, challenging themselves with new ideas. Competition in this case will only benefit customers, which will trickle down to us. 

On 29/09/2020 at 9:20 AM, Gazza said:

IDK, this is just a boneless version of the system they used on Escape from Gringotts, and Intamin have been doing spinners since 1995.

Yeah I have ridden Escape from Gringotts and whilst the theming on that is unebelievable and far superior, I feel that this coaster is far more thrilling and it is utilsed far more "effectively" as a coaster with its 2 launches. I thought that the theming on Objectif Mars was excellent on the indoor section. It would be a great addition to any of our parks- would love to see one of them interested in one!

On 29/09/2020 at 8:58 AM, Naazon said:

Was anyone else really annoyed by the editing in that video?

Hahah yeah it certainly was a bit jarring!! Didnt miss an angle did he? 

On 29/09/2020 at 11:40 AM, Thrill Seeker said:

Looks very similar to Vekoma's new coaster they are building at Epcot; Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind

Disney reveals spinning Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster cars at  Epcot | EW.com

Disney unveils its Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster trains

First Look at Guardians of the Galaxy Coaster Ride Vehicles and System

Yeah it does but you have to remember that this is Vekoma essentially copying Intamin here- as Gazza has already pointed out, they have been doing spinners like this since 1995. I am sure the Vekoma coaster here will be excellent- anything they do for Disney is always a great installation and I am sure that this one will be no exception and will be very well recieved.