Atlantis Aquaventure Dubai waterpark + your thoughts on water coasters

A.H

Somewhat small report

At the start of the year as part of our overseas visit my family had a layover in Dubai, which meant that we got to go to Atlantis Aquaventure waterpark in Dubai. This was my first overseas park and I was impressed. 

The park had 2 main slide towers but I only managed to do one of them which was the one with the master blasters. I was impressed with the 'rollercoaster' sized drops, the stomach drop feeling and how fun they were as very reridable. The slides felt faster than looked.

The lazy Rivers were fun with the rapids (that got more boring the more I went on them) and the waves which were very fun and reridable. 

I was impressed with the atmosphere, theming, pricey ticket and slides. I wore aqua shoes during the day which was a huge convenience and would personally recommend. 

This place was slated to get another slide tower (which kinda pissed me off) in another year which looks like it will complement nicely with a few additions.

One last thing to note was the lazy river. There was an extra slide which started at the lazy river and via a conveyor belt it would bring you to the top of the tower which costed extra. This would've been Cool and we would have never have go on foot as we could go on a continuous circle of lazy river and slide.

(First and only trip report. Was small because I didn't do a lot and only took 2 photos thanks to family. Constructive criticism is welcomed.)

What are your thoughts on water coasters? I know there are only 2.5 in Australia with Supertubes Hydrocoaster and the breakers at RWS/WnWSydney but if you have done others I would like your thoughts.

Edited by A.H

• 2 weeks later...