What coasters should come to a new Wonderland Sydney

A.H

Assuming a new Wonderland Sydney is still happening what rollercoasters should come? (Semi-realistic wish list)

I'm thinking:

Beastie II- Gravity Group family wooden coaster (like wooden warrior)

Demon II- Vekoma family Boomerang

Son of Bush Beast- Modern GG or GCI

Revenge of Bush Beast- RMC ground up hybrid (like Zadra)

Premier Multi launch looping coaster (like Full Throttle + longer length)

Vekoma bermuda blitz

Edited by A.H

1 hour ago, Brad2912 said:

It ain’t coming... 

not in the next decade anyway by which point it’s relevance in theme/linkage to wonderland will be long gone.

Well there is some positivity for you.......do you have insider knowledge on it being ironclad that it WILL not eventuate? 

I agree that it is unlikely but I also never say never.........

22 minutes ago, Jobe said:

Well there is some positivity for you.......do you have insider knowledge on it being ironclad that it WILL not eventuate? 

I agree that it is unlikely but I also never say never.........

It’s an opinion based on what I have seen/heard/believe. 
I’m not gonna stake my life on it, but if I had to have a bet either way I know which way I’m leaning...

3 hours ago, Brad2912 said:

No, but responding in emoticons is as ridiculous as the notion that there was ever $1b in funding (or even anything near that) 

You would need around $300,000,000 dollars at average to build something like Wonderland. But they're just gonna make it over $1,000,000,000. They did that for the South West Rail Link!

50 minutes ago, Prequel said:

I think we could expect the first 500 feet roller coaster built for the Wonderland revival. It is really the only reasonable conclusion we can come to. Sure, it will take a lot of feet to build, but when it is. It will be a site to see. 

Do we even have that many feet in Australia? 

On 03/10/2020 at 12:03 AM, A.H said:

Assuming a new Wonderland Sydney is still happening what rollercoasters should come? (Semi-realistic wish list)

I'm thinking:

Beastie II- Gravity Group family wooden coaster (like wooden warrior)

Demon II- Vekoma family Boomerang

Son of Bush Beast- Modern GG or GCI

Revenge of Bush Beast- RMC ground up hybrid (like Zadra)

Premier Multi launch looping coaster (like Full Throttle + longer length)

Vekoma bermuda blitz

Why are there two bush beasts?

And why two LSM launched loopers?

Edited by Gazza

On 03/10/2020 at 11:27 AM, Coasterlife said:

What about the $1B funding?

I think its safe to say that whatever happened around that funding, it isn't available anymore.

No matter what they build, it will never be a 'new' wonderland - tastes and styles have changed, and any attempt to replicate what was won't be the same, so at most its going to be 'new' in name only - and to be honest, there are far better options for a new park to be themed and named without trying to piggyback onto a decades old concept.

I think our best chance of a 'new' park in NSW is likely going to be coming from a larger chain - Palace, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, for example, and history has shown that long distance management doesn't seem to work too well for most of them (Palace being the exception).

'New Wonderland' is never going to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexB said:

I think our best chance of a 'new' park in NSW is likely going to be coming from a larger chain - Palace, Six Flags, Cedar Fair, for example, and history has shown that long distance management doesn't seem to work too well for most of them (Palace being the exception).

Or Merlin, although they mostly bought their parks and in terms of theme parks are 90% legoland.

21 hours ago, Naazon said:

Or Merlin, although they mostly bought their parks and in terms of theme parks are 90% legoland.

I've always had it in the back of my mind for a Legoland Australia since I was 7 at Warnavale in the Central Coast. I've already found some land next to the station that could be used for the park. It would be something similar to Legoland California. I actually rang up Legoland California multiple times when it was the middle of the night there and talk for about a hour at most talking about this idea, and all kinds of nonsense!

On 06/10/2020 at 8:05 AM, Gazza said:

Why are there two bush beasts?

And why two LSM launched loopers?

Two bush beasts. Why not It would cater to a larger audience and provide different experiences. Only similarities are wood and name.

What two LSM coasters? The Vekoma bermuda blitz has a chain lift.

(Semi-realistic wish list)

1 hour ago, A.H said:

Two bush beasts. Why not It would cater to a larger audience and provide different experiences. Only similarities are wood and name.

What two LSM coasters? The Vekoma bermuda blitz has a chain lift.

(Semi-realistic wish list)

Ah my mistake I thought the launch coaster going in at Energylandia was a Bermuda Blitz.

If the idea is to provide different experiences, why not put some coasters in the mix that aren't sit downs?

Or name one of the wooden coasters not bush beast?

10 hours ago, Gazza said:

Ah my mistake I thought the launch coaster going in at Energylandia was a Bermuda Blitz.

If the idea is to provide different experiences, why not put some coasters in the mix that aren't sit downs?

Or name one of the wooden coasters not bush beast?

More Bush Beasts bank more off nostalgia. Good point about less sit downs though