Sydney park galleries

Richard

Richard - those shots are amazing. Well done. Luna Park Sydney is always a good subject for photos but some of your shots are really original. Looking forward to your TR to go with it. Daniel - I have heard the same info. Sorry to dissapoint you Huss. I think it's more trouble than it's worth with all the noise its engines apparantley make. I'm sure LPS will replace it with another ride. Hopefully with something worthwhile like a drop tower

Richard - those shots are amazing. Well done. Luna Park Sydney is always a good subject for photos but some of your shots are really original. Looking forward to your TR to go with it. Daniel - I have heard the same info. Sorry to disappoint you Huss. I think it's more trouble than it's worth with all the noise its engines apparantley make. I'm sure LPS will replace it with another ride. Hopefully with something worthwhile like a drop tower

Hmm I wonder. There were rumours going around for a while... and they were started by the LPS managing director in a newspaper article. If the tower in question did make it to Luna Park I think they'd need to modify it quite a bit. Repaint the entire structure and make it more colourful to fit in with the park. Add hundreds of lights right up the main shaft so it looks good at night and complements the other rides. You'd also wanna get rid of the dome as the amazing Sydney views shouldn't be restricted at any point. On top of that I can't really see a technological space theme working at an old style fun park like Luna

There is as much chance of a drop ride at Luna as there is for Scott to shell out $170 to go on bridge climb. The residents would have a fit and would probably loop a rope over the top and attach it to a nice million dollar boat on the harbour and pull the thing over, either that or drive the truck off the site. "The Bus is now leaving for Buckleys Point, NSW"

Haha nice post bussy. The Space Probe definitely wouldn't suit Luna Park for a variety of reasons and I certainly don't think there's even a remote chance that LPS has purchased it. However a ride like the portable Mega Drop at this years show would be much more suitable. It already has all the lights and colours and would fit in with the other rides currently at Luna Park with its carnival feel. If they placed it around the area where the Ranger currently stands it actually wouldn't interfere with the residents too much. In fact it would certainly be a lot quieter than the Ranger. In reality the only noise would be the screams. There would not be nearly as much screaming as there is on the Ranger as a drop ride only lasts a couple of seconds. Most of the buildings directly behind this area are offices (the main building being owned by Luna Park) so it's not like you'd be peering into peoples living rooms at the top of the ride. When it comes down to it the residents don't have that much say anymore... it was proven that the park is within permitted noise limits. On top of that the tourism/recreation minister Sandra Nori is in full support of the park and thankfully is willing to make reasonable exceptions to ensure the continued success of the amusement park aspect of the site